Toyota of Southern Maryland

22500 Three Notch Road,
Lexington Park, Maryland 20653
Toyota of Southern Maryland Info
About Toyota of Southern Maryland

Toyota of Southern Maryland in Lexington Park, MD treats the needs of each individual customer with paramount concern. We know that you have high expectations, and as a car dealer we enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time. Allow us to demonstrate our commitment to excellence! Our experienced sales staff is eager to share its knowledge and enthusiasm with you. We encourage you to browse our online inventory, schedule a test drive and investigate financing options. You can also request more information about a vehicle using our online form or by calling (888) 731-2293.

About Toyota of Southern Maryland

• Lifetime Engine Guarantee*
  • Lifetime Free Car Washes
Disappointed
8/23/2016

"Buyer Beware of bait and switch"

I went to Toyota of Southern Maryland to trade my 2014 Mustang GT for a Rav 4 or small SUV. The salesperson was professional and pleasant. She brought me out a 2013 Honda CRV with comparable equipment like heated leather seats and XM radio. During the test drive the AWD light came on, when I asked he what it meant, she couldn't answer the question. I decided to buy the car because I assumed the dealership would fix any existing issues to ensure the vehicle was fully functional before being sold. The CRV came with a 6 month, 6000 mile limited powertrain warranty which I thought should cover any repairs thereafter. During the process of dealing with the financing of the vehicle, I was informed that the warranty for the electronics had expired, but that there were coupons available for an extended warranty that the Business Manager Ronnie would use to give me a 6 yr, 60,000 mile extended warranty. I thought that was great and signed the papers and took the vehicle home. I brought the CRV back to Toyota to have the AWD looked at, The Service department took the vehicle right away and the next day I received a call saying that the code indicated a problem with a pressure sensor in the differential,. The CRV would have to be taken to Honda to be serviced. 3 days later a service technician from Honda called to ask why the CRV was there and that someone from Toyota dropped the car off without much of an explanation. I explained that I purchased the CRV and it was up there to have the AWD looked at. I also told the technician that the extended warranty was in the glove box. A couple hours after I hung up with the technician, I received a call from the extended warranty company. They asked for some information and then hung up. A few days go by without word on the condition of the CRV. I called Toyota to find out what happened. I was informed that the extended warranty would not cover the repairs due to the AWD issue being a pre-existing condition. After some negotiation with the sales manager, I thought the CRV was repaired and returned to Toyota for me to pick it up. During this process, while filing paperwork, I reviewed the sales contract only to find that Ronnie charged me 3K for the extended warranty (not free from the coupons). I phoned Ronnie and had to leave a message saying that I wanted to cancel the extended warranty because he charged me for it. When I arrived at Toyota to pick up the CRV, I stuck around to speak with Ronnie since he hadn;t returned my call. I waited for over an hour until he was finished with another customer. I finally got a chance to talk with Ronnie and he informed me that the financing did not go through and that I would have to pay a higher interest rate through another bank. He also said that the coupons had expired and that he was glad I no longer wanted the warranty because he'd have to eat the cost. I mentioned that I was almost ready to ask for my Mustang back and end this transaction and he said he didn't care one way or the other. The only reason I resigned the paperwork is because I was saving even more money on the CRV which was another reason for me wanting to trade in the Mustang (lower payments). I had the CRV home for a week when the AWD light came back on. I immediately called Toyota and they were more than willing to bring it in the shop. I was informed that Honda never repaired the vehicle and that the Limited Powertrain Warranty would not cover the AWD issue because the warranty only covers engine and transmission and they said it was an electronics issue. The way I see it, the powertrain should include any component that makes the vehicle go (engine, trans, diffs, drive shafts, etc..). I spoke with the Service Dept. who said I had to take to the Sales Manager who said I had to talk to the Service Dept. I called my salesperson and expressed my displeasure at Toyota not selling me a completely functioning vehicle. The salesperson said she'd talk to her manager and get back to me. The next call I received was from the Sales Dept. that said they would order the parts and make the repairs if I paid a 100 dollar deductable. I agree and the repairs were made. I would never recommend this dealership and for those that want to buy from them, stay away from Ronnie, he's a rip off artist.

Rowan Wright (Salesperson), Salemanager

GoTeam
1/06/2016

"WOW!!!"

Wow! Jamie was our sales lady- What a great lady and a great experience. I never thought spending that much money could be so fun! She was very friendly, -- I have to say I have NEVER been hugged by a car salesperson before! I liked it :-) -- and she helped us with a ton of questions about pricing. She even called a competitor and asked them about their pricing while we listened in. Turns out the other dealer was not very straight forward with me when I asked them the questions- Shocking, yes I know..... Jamie got it straightened out and exposed their nefarious scheme. Believe it or not, I was drawn to your dealership due in no small part to the great service I got in the service department. I have a Toyota truck that had a recall for rust and the experience there was phenomenal- Have I mentioned "wow" yet?...so I decided to see about buying a car from you. In a word: WOW. You can even spell it backwards and it is still WOW. Thank you all for the great deal, understanding help and a great experience. Top notch. Expect to see me taking advantage of the fee car wash! Woo Hooo-o-o!!! Don't take it personal, but I hope to never have to see you for ten more years when I am there to buy another car. ?? Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Oh yea, one more thing: WOW!

Jamie Pizzio (sp?)

JK
12/31/2015

"Accomodating, Attentive and Professional "

Initially called asking to speak with Sales Manager, received return call from Mr. Wayne Cook and expressed to him my desire to make an appointment with a seasoned sales person. Told Mr. Cook I made several new vehicle purchases through the years, that I'd worked in sales after a military career and wanted a sales person who wouldn't have to get up in middle of sales price negotiations to get his approval. He quickly recommeded I work with Ms. Jamie Pizzo and a subsequent appointment was made for my wife and I to meet and evaluate four different SUV's from two different manufacturers. Over course of 2-3 weeks my wife and I considered SUV's at other manufacturer dealerships and decided to focus on Toyota Highlander. Before identifying interior/exterior colors desired another appointment was made to discuss every detail of pricing and what if any other costs would be added after we agreed on a sales price. Mr, Cook and Ms. Pizzo met with me and we agreed we would have to focus on a 2016 vice 2015 model, we came to a mutual agreement on sales price and a deposit was submitted. An estimate of 6-8 weeks was given for expected arrival of our Highlander with chosen colors. Ms. Pizzo updated us when she had indications it would arrive by a certain date in January 2016 and called a week later to inform us it had just been off loaded and we picked it up 12/30/2015. We strongly recommend this dealership and Mr. Cook and Ms. Pizzo for their outstanding professionalism.

Jamie Pizzo

Krahlingja
12/29/2015

"Used Highlander"

Purchased a used Highlander here. Top notch customer service! Just moved back to the US from Japan and they were very helpful working with us to find a vehicle with a tight timeline and tight budget. Highly recommend.

Matt Tevis

STEVENMEKUS
8/12/2015

"Beware of misleading and dishonest tactics from finance depa"

Be cautious of misleading and dishonest tactics when dealing with the finance department. Ask to see the total costs of any additional warranties and add ons, not just how much your monthly payment will be. Also, nothing is ever free, if promised something free, don't be rushed through the paperwork, review every line, if not, when you go home and review later, You will be surprised.......

Johnny C.

Dash 123
8/05/2015

"Great service for new car purchase!"

Just purchased the 2015 Highlander, we absolutely love the car! We received excellent service through the whole process from Toyota of Southern Maryland. Anthony Bernal really helped us feel comfortable with the car and carefully explained everything.

SUV123
7/29/2015

"Do yourself a favor and don't buy a car here..."

...especially from Jim Cotter. He showed me a "clear" CARFAX that was not for my vehicle to hide the fact it had frame damage. Unbelievable.

John and Suzy
7/10/2015

"Another Tremendous Car Buying Experience"

Purchased a 2015 Tacoma today with the tireless help of John Booth. This is the sixth vehicle I have purchased from your dealership and every experience has been great. John went above and beyond to help me get financing and young Joe the salesman and Ronnie Ball were very professional and pleasant to deal with. Good deals, always come away satisfied and most of all, great people. With people like John Booth, Wayne Cook and the other sales staff Toyota of Southern Maryland is the best dealership around. Thanks again for a really enjoyable experience.

Joe Rhea (spelling?)

Army Family
6/12/2015

"Dropped out on deal with a military family"

I am a military man moving down to Georgia tomorrow and had a deal with Toyota of Southern Maryland to pick up a truck that I already have an approved loan for. We are literally in the lobby about to get on our flight to Baltimore for that truck when I get a text that the truck I am buying was sold to the owner's friend this morning. This is extremely unprofessional. To do this to a military man on my family's move to a new duty station literally the day it happens is discourteous and down right wrong. Now, I have to turn down the loan I had approved and everything. Not to mention, I was planning on having that extra bed for my move to Georgia. It is extremely disappointing given the businesses' help in the deal up to this point. The company's behavior is beyond me and the owner's personal ties have shown my family and I that his businesses' integrity is worth nothing to him. The only redeeming measure of Toyota of Southern Maryland is Adam Nogel, the sales representative we worked with. He was sincerely upset at all this and was willing to help us find a similar deal. Otherwise, Toyota of Southern Maryland left a bad taste in my family's mouth.

Vince
3/12/2015

"One of the better!"

Purchased the vehicle through Richard Bailey over a year ago and he still remembers us whenever we take it in for service. Very genuine and pleasant man to deal with. Van Corby is the same in Service department

Van Corby