Toyota of Southern Maryland

3.7

22500 Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, Maryland 20653 Closed 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM Hours

Wayne Cook, Sales Manager, Toyota of Southern Maryland

Reggie Rainey

February 20, 2017

"Awesome experience!!"

- S.D.

After a horrendous car buying experience at another dealership, I went to see Matt Tevis at Toyota of Southern Maryland. I'm so glad I did! Honest, professional and friendly! There were no hard sales tactics used and I am 100% pleased with the entire process. Matt Tevis listened to what I wanted and delivered with a smile. Craig Payne made the financing work in my favor and had us out the door in under 20 minutes!

February 17, 2017

"GREAT buying experience!!!"

- Mark S.

I have to say that this was truly the best buying experience I've ever had...GREAT! I never thought I would say this after past experiences I've had buying cars (new and used) at many car dealers over probably 30 years. Usually, its a necessary evil but that was not the case here at all. I found a 2014 Tundra model that I had my eyes on and met all my needs. I knew before I went to look at it that it was probably out of my price range...but I still wanted a test drive. My salesperson, Matt Tevis, was excellent! He was very helpful, knowledgeable and NEVER once made me feel like prey while I'm looking it over. I'm sure many can relate. I asked for a test drive, again no pressure. This was what the car shopping experience should be like....allow the consumer time to see what they like and ask the questions. Afterwards at the bargaining table, the experience was well...easy. The numbers on price were clear, not a bunch of smoke and mirrors or weird hidden fees who's only purpose seems to be there in order to drive up the cost. After a couple simple, quick back and forths on the price I was presented with a deal that I literally could not refuse....all in a really short time frame. I totally expected this to take hours (them try to wear me down so I'd sign anything) or pressure me into something I'm not ready for - not the case at all...not at all. I'm extremely happy and felt that I was given much respect by everyone I worked with. Again....GREAT experience!!! I could not be happier. Thank you Matt Tevis and Myron Smith!! I wish I could remember the finance persons name.

January 28, 2017

"Bad customer service and don't value customers"

- expect better

I'm sorry to say that I did not have a good experience on my recent visit to this dealer. I went to the store on January 14 looking to buy a used Ram 2500. The sales people wouldn't work out a deal that I could afford at a decent interest rate or they were unwilling to help out on the price to get me to the monthly payment I could afford. We were about $40 per month apart on the payment. I called the sales staff on January 17 and asked if there was anything else they could do to help get me to a payment just below $500 per month and if they could do that, we would have a deal. I was told they would check with the GM and get back to me. I didn't get a call back from them until January 26 after I sent the GM an e-mail about the bad customer service I was getting. I did hear from the Business Development manger but she didn't have anything to do with the deal so she wasn't much help. I had a similar experience in 2012. I was going to buy a Tundra and was ready to buy it that day. I was told a deal couldn't be worked out so I left and went to another dealer and bought a Ram 1500. While I was at the other dealer doing paperwork on the Ram, I got a call from the Toyota salesman who said he could get me the deal I wanted. It was too late at that point. This is the second time they did this now. I Feel like they're just playing games. Their website states "See what it's like to buy from a dealer that values your business." I did not have that experience, customer service was bad. To never get a call after they said they would call back. We purchased multiple vehicles from Toyota over the years and we were treated like they never knew us,. I don't think Toyota understands what good customer service is. Even after I sent the GM an e-mail about my situation, he didn't even have the courtesy to return my call, instead, he had one the salesman call me. Instead of apologizing to me and trying to work out a deal on this vehicle, they just kept defending each other and made me feel like I was the problem. Very disappointed with this dealer after being a customer and spending my hard earned money there. I recommend going somewhere else.

• Lifetime Engine Guarantee*