This is a new car purchase experience review for Anderson Honda of Palo Alto.
I submitted an inquiry through TrueCar and they referred me to this dealership.
First.. let me say that the entire car purchasing experience with Anderson Honda was pleasant, productive, and stress free. Why?
1) They followed up with me by phone within minutes of submitting my request through TrueCar. I was contacted by David Bradley, who was very informative and helpful regarding the vehicle I was looking for.
2) The car I wanted was extremely popular with buyers and there were literally none on lots in the bay area at the time. But that did not stop David from making it a reality for me. He looked up incoming inventory and there were several arriving soon, and offered to let me come in and put down a deposit, which I did the next day.
3) Since David was out of the facility on the day I went in to put down a deposit, he introduced me to another sales rep, George Werner. George was fantastic and walked me through the deposit process, which was simple, concise, and insured the vehicle in question was reserved for me.
4) George also had the dealership perform a trade-in appraisal for my current vehicle. This is normally the most difficult part of buying a new car as most dealers really low ball you on trade in price. Not in this case. The used car appraiser gave George an appraisal voucher that almost exactly met my desired trade in price.... being fair for both me and the dealer.
5) George kept me informed on the status of my vehicle in transit to the dealer. And it actually arrived earlier then expected, and so I had a pleasant surprise phone call a few days later to set up an appointment to come in and complete the sales process the next morning.
6) The entire sales process was smooth, with no surprises, and nobody jumping out from behind a rock and fouling up completion of the sales process.
--- Vehicle was prepped and detailed for me when I arrived.
--- The Finance office was efficient, did not try to upsell me on various add on items, but did encourage me to look at a Honda Care package to carry a comprehensive warranty for 8 years (I keep my cars for 10 years on average), and given how much hi tech electronics and other systems in the car, it was an easy choice for me to accept the recommendation.
--- George was very helpful and customer focused through the sales process.
--- I drove off the lot with my new vehicle in less then two hours
Seriously, this dealership and it's staff are extremely customer focused and do not play games or make things difficult for the buyer. I have generally found Honda dealers to be very good and easy to work with.. but Anderson Honda raised this to a whole new level for me. Anyone who asks me for a recommendation for a Honda dealer in the Bay Area.. will get Anderson Honda as my recommendation.