Chicago Northside Toyota

3.9

September 22, 2018

"Car battery replacement"

- Dulmini86

I purchased a 2015 Honda Civic in 2017 from this dealership. This is my 2nd negative review about this place. They installed a new car battery (well, they said it was new) before I purchased it because the existing one was dead when I tested the car. It has been a year now and the battery they installed went dead again. The battery brand is Toyota True Start and had a 84 month manufacturer warranty. So just like any person would, I went to the dealership to get the battery replaced. The lady sitting in the front desk in service dept with the name Lilian had no smile on her face and told us that they dont cover it because it's a Honda car!! So I went to the sales dept and explained the situation. He listened and said that it shouldnt be a problem and walked over to the service dept. But the lady there kept saying because its a Honda car they don't cover the warranty. I did not waste my time arguing with her of course. But this is something that they should have definitely covered because they installed the battery. If you can sell Honda cars to customers with half dead batteries, you should also be able to offer a battery replacement to the customer. It should not matter if it's a Honda car. You installed it and you sold the car!! When I spoke to the salesperson who sold me the car, he said to bring the car in and they would be able to replace the battery since there was a manufacturer warranty. But they didn't. My advice to consumer is please be careful when doing business with this dealership or better yet, go to a different dealership. They are so unethical and will lie to you. I ended up going to a Honda dealership where I was treated with honest customer care and purchased a battery with a great discount. These liars are not worth stressing about.

Lillian Juarez

September 06, 2018

"Awesome Customer Service "

- Lwilliams

Stopped in to look at new cars and was impressed by the quality and quantity of vehicles available.. The customer service was exceptional. Friendly and comfortable I love the new store as well.. I’ll definitely be back to shop with Mr.Odom..

Ramon Odom

September 05, 2018

"Overpriced and not very honest"

- Happy Camry Owner

Though the folks I've dealt with at this dealership are nice people, it doesn't make up for the fact that the price they quoted me to fix my rear brakes was over twice the estimate I got from three other mechanics. Over twice the price. AND the three other mechanics from whom I got estimates offered to check my car over for free, not charge me $149 for a diagnostic test. I had taken my car to Northside in June and had gotten some work done there when they said I'd need a $149 diagnostic test. The next month, I had to take the car back because my rear brakes were metal on metal. Why they let me leave in June after a $149 diagnostic test, which they said they'd need to charge me AGAIN a month later (!), with bad rear brakes upset me so much. They let me leave with unsafe brakes. And then wanted to charge me AGAIN for another diagnostic test when you could plainly see that my back brakes were metal on metal. I'm not a mechanic and I could see it without any sort of testing. I neither will return to Northside, nor will I recommend them. I understand that everyone needs to make a profit, but charging someone over twice the amount than something should be and then trying charge another fee on top of that for something I didn't need? Well, that's just not right. I've been told time and time again to never take my car into the dealership for service. The mechanic that I'm now using said that even if I need a Toyota part, they can order it and install it. The only time you need to go into the dealer is if there's a recall of some kind. Expensive lessons learned.

Used 2018 Toyota Corolla