DARCARS Chrysler Jeep of Waldorf

Internet Manager

John Zweifel, Sales Consultant, DARCARS Chrysler Jeep of Waldorf

John Zweifel

December 29, 2016

"Amazing Customer Service "

- Jackie1021

Salesman Frank Mitchum is a great salesman. He was very knowledgeable and made my purchase decision an easy one. I would recommend Frank and the dealership to anyone. Also the finance gentleman really works hard to help the customer too.

Frank Mitchum

November 18, 2016

"Always a straight forward experience."

- slipjoint

Always work with straight forward professionals here. None of the time consuming games. Plain language negotiations structure starts with sales staff managers and filters down through the ranks. I don't enjoy the process anymore than anyone else. But I have purchased 11 new cars since 1980 and 4 of them at this dealer and no repeat buys at any of the other 7 dealers.

Siamak Darvish
Adel Milani

May 30, 2015

"Good deal unless you look at the details."

- hworkmaniv

Yeah this dealer was okay but did some sketchy dealing. I'll start with the negative opinions because there seems to be plenty. - To start if you look at the window sticker the freight charge is built into the sticker price for $995. The advertise $5,500 in rebates. But come time for you to sign for the car you are checking out and they are charging another $995 for freight. So effectively they are charging twice for freight or only giving you $4,505 in rebates depending on which way you look at it. - Next is dealing with license plates for out of state buyers. If you plan to buy the vehicle and register it in your home state like me (because I am in the military) be prepared to drive to the dealer again to pick up your plates. As well and be sure to stay in contact with the registration people because they will not look into any issues unless you are constantly asking questions. It was not until 23 days after I bought the vehicle that I was contacted that they were going to start registering my vehicle. I assumed that would be done within the first 7 days after but alright. 25 days after they said they were registering the vehicle I contacted them asking about my plates and it turns out they were having issues with my insurance and I needed to update it. At this time I only had 11 days until my temporary plates expired. So I waited up until a day before the temporary plates expired and informed them I needed new ones. They informed me that I would have to pay 15$ to renew them and wait until the day they expired. Come the day the temporary plates expired they refused to give me new temporary plates because my permanent plates should be arriving in the next few days. Now my problem is getting to the dealer on expired tags to pick up my new plates. - Third thing that is not a big deal but irks me a bit is the fact that I am spending $32,000 on a vehicle and when it came to asking about accessories they do not give any discounts or incentives. I asked about a few things like remote start and they quoted me $450 plus installation. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot to that. The MSRP for the remote start unit is $280 on Mopar's website. So they inflated the price $170. So much for appreciation of the customer buying a vehicle through them. I have purchased a few other cars from dealers and all have offered a 10-20% discount on the accessories if you were buying a vehicle that day. - Last but not least is not a huge thing either. The salesman I dealt with did not know much about the car he was selling. He claimed 300 hp and some mumbo jumbo tourque number. I was also told the vehicle had Bluetooth and XM but upon leaving the dealer the salesman stated "Oh it does not have Bluetooth or XM, I was wrong about that". So before going to the dealer read the window sticker on their site and if you do not see connectivity group or satellite radio on the sticker then that Wrangler does not have those options. Now there were some pros among this madness. - They did give me a fair value for my trade-in. Not everything I asked for on it but it definitely was not the worst slap to the face. I waited a few weeks for them to come up on their original offer. It is just business to low ball up front I understand that. - I will give them credit on the speed of the whole closing process. And despite my military pay they were able to get me financed for a decent rate. All in all I would struggle to recommend this place to any one. I mean nothing was terribly crooked but there were a lot of questionable ethics in this dealer. So I gave them 2 stars.

Anthony