Kennedy Mazda

7 Reviews of Kennedy Mazda

January 06, 2019

"Service upsale victim"

- Karen@IU

I used to drive 1 1/2 hour to service all needs since I bought it there. On August 28, 2018 it changed. I was greeted by Meghan who was unfriendly. I asked where Mike and Justin were. She brought me a mildy dusty with a whole sunflower seed in cabin filter and asked if I wanted to change it. I said I think they just changed it. When I asked Jerry in parts he looked through computer and said 2015. Well I paid the $39.95 and went home and checked my receipts as I have them all. June 7, 2017 during the overhaul as I said. So I was a victim of upsale for unnecessary part/change. I don't eat sunflower seeds in shells, so theres no way to get one in the cabin filter! I'm totally shocked by once hoest Jerry. It seems a lot of employees were replaced and told to upsale. Well, dishonesty and rude new employee have made me look for an honest local auto service provider. I don't have $40 extra.

Jerry O'Daniel
Other Employees : Meghan service desk
Jan 07, 2019 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Hello Karen, I am sorry to hear you and Meghan got off on the wrong foot somehow and to compound things we disappointed you and have you questioning if our service department is trustworthy. I can assure you working with Jerry O’ Daniel for over 22 years, he is as honest as the day is long. The sunflower seed you mentioned is most likely from a bird feeder at or near either your residence or workplace. It is from a rodent that was about to make a comfy nest in your CX-5. We see this quite often. I personally checked your service history and I understand what happened. Jerry was looking for a line item in your service history for the cabin air filter. The last one detailed out was indeed 12/22/2015 at 53,948 miles. The problem is he missed on 6/7/2017 you had a 75,000-maintenance package completed at 79,366 miles which when are service software provider coded the package it bundled the filter in the package option but does not break it out as a line item. The only way Jerry would have seen the filter installed on that date was to double click on that repair item and open a PDF of the repair order. Obviously, he was trying to do a quick overview of your service history looking for the cabin air filter line item. There was no intent by him to deceive you, it was just an honest mistake. Now according to Mazda scheduled maintenance on the 2013 Mazda CX-5 the cabin air filter should be changed every 25,000 miles or 2 years. Your service visit on 8/28/2018 you had 99,467 miles on your vehicle so 4,899 miles short of needing to be replaced. I would be more than happy to offer you a credit seeing the filter was not due to be replaced for another 4,900 miles. Please let me know what you feel is fair and I will take care of it for you. I hope we can repair our relationship and earn back your trust. You like all are customers are very important to us and we want you to know that you can indeed trust what service is recommending and would never lose our integrity and try to up sale or push a repair that is not something we felt is needed. Andy

October 05, 2018

"Issues as soon as car was bought!"

- Helen

We went with our son to buy a fuel efficient vehicle. Bought a 2016 Sentra. Salesman and finance men were good. As soon as we left we noticed the car start to overheat. My son took the car to the services department and when we went to pick it up we were told nothing was wrong. Well on his way to work this week and stuck in traffic the car began to overheat again. Luckily he was able to get to a gas station. Checked fluids and all was good. Taking it to a Nissan dealership now. Luckily we purchased a warranty but don’t think we should have to pay the deductible on a car that was sold to us with problems. Will NOT be buying another car there again. Update: Took car to Nissan dealership. Needed a new fan. Why couldn’t Kennedy figure this out??? Should never sold us a car that overheated on the way home from the dealership!!!!

Tim Wells
Oct 09, 2018 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Hello Helen, I am very sorry you had an issue with the 2016 Nissan Sentra that you purchased on 8/11/2018. Obviously, we did not realize the vehicle had an issue when it went through service for a safety inspection, nor when it was sold to you. We take pride in our Pre-Owned department and always stride to have the nicest vehicles possible. Seeing the vehicle was purchased in August and this review was left on 10/5/2018, stating the vehicle was taking last week to the Nissan dealership which would be the end of September. I sure your son would not be driving a car that was constantly overheating, so It sounds like the problem was an intermittent electrical issue which can be frustrating. The issue was not present at the time our service department checked the vehicle and sounds like it finally failed almost a month later. Trust me nothing is more frustrating to us than not being able to help a customer that just purchased a vehicle with an issue. I am glad to hear the extended warranty you purchased as already proved to be an asset to you and your son. I hope we can repair our relationship, please give us another opportunity in service and sales. We will do our best to make things right with you. Andy

September 22, 2018

"used truck purchase"

- Brian

I purchased a used truck from here on Sept 1. After all the necessary paperwork was done and my plates were transferred I was ready to go. I then asked for the spare key since there was still only one given to me and they informed me there was no spare. This was never mentioned during the negotiation process. A spare key ended up costing me $215 so I reached out to the dealership to see if they could cover this cost. They responded and asked me to get a copy of the bill for them. After our discussion over the weekend Andrew reached out to me today and informed me they would indeed pay for it. I would definitely recommend this dealership to anyone looking to buy a car.

Andrew Thompson
Sep 25, 2018 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Hello Brian, Again sorry for the mishap with the extra key, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your business! Please let me know if you need anything in the future. Andy

August 13, 2018

"Disrespect from start to finish"

- Bought_Used_Car

-I found a decent used Honda online and made an appointment to check it out. The man who showed me the car had never seen it before and didn't have anything to say about it, other than to point out how shiny the tires were. -I liked the car, but shifting gears felt a little strange (it's an automatic.) I was assured they knew about it and had already ordered a part. -I schedule an appointment to buy the car a week later. The salesman spent half the time making jokes and telling me stories about his family. -I buy the car and the key-fob doesn't work anymore. I wait for 20 minutes while a mechanic tries to fix it, but he says it needs a new battery. He says he'll order a new one and I can pick it up in a week. I ask about the transmission acting strange and he assures me it'd been fixed. -I drive the car home (I live about 45 minutes away.) There wasn't enough gas in the tank to get me home. -Less than a week later, the transmission completely gives out (the car stalling and hesitating wildly whenever it shifted gears.) The dealership says they'll take care of it. They give me a replacement car to use. The repair takes the better part of a week. -The key fob they ordered eventually comes in (much longer than expected.) the dealership says they weren't able to sync it up with the car, so I'll have to make an appointment with a Honda dealership to have it synced there. I double check that Kennedy Mazda will pay for it. The head mechanic at Kennedy Mazda shrugs his shoulders and says "maybe." -After I complain a bit and make a few phone calls, they agree to cover the costs, but it was still a tremendous waste of time. -Less than 2 months later, the air conditioner died. -Less than 3 months later, I get an oil change and my regular mechanics say the wheels are horribly out of alignment. -The best thing I can say about Kennedy Mazda is that the younger woman working there was very nice and polite, but she was just a receptionist. -I advise people to steer clear of this place. I had a miserably experience, was treated with a complete lack of respect, and I'd recommend going anywhere else.

Richard Schoon
Sydney Shrum
Rick Walsworth
Aug 16, 2018 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Jeffrey I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations when you purchase the 2008 Honda Fit that had 49,842 miles. I would like to point out a few items to you though. • We usually have 40 to 50 used vehicles available at any point in time, and although I have no idea why a sales person would say the car has shinny tires, from time to time we may get a used vehicle in stock that gets placed on the lot when a sales person is off the previous day and that sales person may not have time to familiarize themselves with the automobile. • Your comment about the key fob, I am a little confused with. The day you purchased the vehicle, our used car manager tried to replace the battery from the second Key fob that was in the deal jacket and accidently broke the fob, Rick apologized to you and told you that the he would order you a brand-new fob and he would pay for programing. So, to recap we supplied you a new factory key fob for no charge, paid for the programming of the key. The only way to do that is to have both keys present with the vehicle, we are not able to program another manufacture’s fob. We requested you take the vehicle 10 to 15 minutes away to have it programmed at the Honda dealer. As we all know factory key fobs are not cheap, I would think most customers would find this a fair and adequate solution. • While I am sorry you had an issue with 2008 Honda Fit, your comment on the transmission completely giving out is false. The problem with your car was a fuel ratio sensor not your transmission. To recap, your 2008 Honda Fit that was out of factory warranty. The vehicle was sold to you AS-IS, NO DEALER WARRANTY. Shortly after you purchased this vehicle it needs this repair. We supplied you with a loaner to drive, paid for the diagnostic, and paid the $488.94 repair. I would think most customers would find this going above and beyond what we were required to do. • About the air conditioner, the air conditioner was working when you purchased it. • Your comment on the alignment, perhaps you hit a pothole and forgot, or your regular mechanic sold you a job you did not need. All I can tell you was the alignment was fine on the used vehicle inspection and when you took delivery. Obviously, a vehicle that is horribly out of alignment would pull and you would have notice it well before 3 months after purchase. I wanted to thank you again for this review, I believe you have given our future potential customers an idea of the type of business we run. We try to take care of our customers and even though someone purchases a vehicle AS-IS, NO DEALER WARRANTY we did offer goodwill to help out in a bad situation. While we try to satisfy very customer sometimes we cannot, but we feel we done our best for you.

March 25, 2018

"Great deals "

- Kateygrace15

I had an appointment with a senior salesman and was emailed to confirm this appointment but when I showed up no one knew why I was there and I felt extremely embarrassed because it was a big deal that I was buying my first car on my own. I was sent to Sydney and she made my sales experience great. she was very kind and helpful. The deal offered on my car was great and when I was talked to by Ken for finance and he made sure I knew exactly what I was signing for and how it affected my car which was very important to me. Great dealership just not so great communication between employees.

Ken Freeland
Sydney Shrum
Apr 09, 2018 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Thank you Katey for rating our dealership and pointing out a communication issue between our sales associates. We have made some adjustments for future customers because of our review. Thank you again for your business! Andy

March 07, 2018

"Amazed and Unexpected "

- Evan M. Davis

I went looking for a dependable vehicle at an affordable price and I found it at Kennedy Mazda. Their salesmanship was friendly, honest, and sincere.

Tim Wells
Mar 17, 2018 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Thank you Evan for sharing your experience at our dealership! We appreciate your business! Andy

November 26, 2017

"Great experience"

- Susan M Wanat

Kennedy Mazda offered me the best deal possible on my purchase of a 2008 Mazda Tribute.. In fact, they went way out of their way to help me get financing and never treated me as an inferior customer. The sales staff are not "pushy", the finance staff are there to help you get you into the vehicle with financing you can afford. The service staff listen to you explain any problems and do great work. Thanks so much for a great experience. I would recommend Kennedy Mazda to anyone!

Ken Freeland
Richard Schoon
Rick Walsworth
Dec 26, 2017 -

Kennedy Mazda responded

Thank you Susan for sharing your experience at our dealership. We appreciate your business! Andy