Mason City - Ford Lincoln

215 15th St SW, Mason City, Iowa 50401 Directions

2 Reviews of Mason City - Ford Lincoln

June 06, 2018

"Very disappointed and out $500- Get EVERYTHING in writing!"

- KMorse1086

Attempted to purchase a new vehicle long distance as a courtesy to a friend of the family who is in the sales dept. My fault for trying to do business with a company 2 hours away. Communication was via text, messenger and phone calls twisted among the salesman, the sales manager and the finance manager. I knew what vehicle I wanted and they found it for me in Minnesota. They required I put down a deposit and the salesman assured me if the deal didn't work out, I could get my money refunded "because it's YOUR money, not ours". Unfortunately that conversation was over the phone and using my credit card- not in writing. Again, my mistake for taking him at his word and not getting it in writing. We never came to an agreement on price or had a signed purchase agreement when they went to get the car in MN. Communication broke down using too many forms of electronic communication and the phone with 3 different people. The deal did not work and I was pressured by the sales manager to finalize the deal before close of business "that day" 5/31/18 because rebates and incentives would likely go before they KNEW I could get up there on 6/5/18. The sales manager wouldn't guarantee the price would be the same... I had to come up that night, and they would even be open late. There was no way dropping everything and trying to get 2 hours away to do a car deal could happen that day. They knew that. They all knew that. After 6 weeks of dinking around with this deal I was tired and DONE. No more games, no more number twisting, no more! I said just to refund my deposit, sell the car and maybe some other time... I was told under no uncertain terms that I would not get my $500 back because they had incurred expenses to go get the vehicle (before we had a signed agreement). I even called the dealership GM and he backed his sales team instead of doing the right thing, instead of keeping a potential customer happy. He said that a verbal agreement to purchase the vehicle was made over the phone (which it was not) and that verbal agreement was a legal contract and they don't have to refund the money if they don't want to. Great customer service, huh? They may be great to do business with in person, but DO NOT do business with them without getting everything in writing & without being face to face. Caveat Emptor!

Cody (sales), Scott (sales manager), Crystal (finance manager), Don O. (general manager)
March 25, 2017

"Check everything in deal"

- Turnert6

Bought used truck. Part of deal was to replace all tires. They did. However after having tires rotated at different service shop learned wrong size tires were put on. Passenger tires put on instead of Light Truck. Dealer refuses to replace with correct size. Taking them to court. Guess it's up to customer to make sure right tires are on vehicle.

Don O'Connor