Please, don't make my mistakes! Read before purchasing from McGrath Arlington Kia:
1) They do not accept third party financing. If you come in pre-approved for an outside loan, they will not accept it. You have to finance through them. You can later refinance if you wish.
2) There is a required McGrath Protection Package that costs $2495. This basically entitles you to a year of oil changes and lifetime free car washes. (There are other things listed, of course, that you probably wouldn't use, like 10% off accessories). I was told this package was non-negotiable.
3) If you are entitled to "customer cash" or a rebate, make sure you actually get it. I negotiated a price and then was told that my negotiated price already had the rebate included.
4) When you are negotiating with your salesman, he will present you with a document that lists your base price, fees, and taxes. It will also tell you what your monthly payment will be for various loan durations. TAKE A PICTURE of this document and DO NOT sign it without asking if there are additional fees that are not listed there. (There are!)
5) When you meet with the finance guy, he will show you a document that lists your monthly payment and the amount you are financing. He will emphasize these things and not point out that the “Total Sale Price” is significantly higher than what you agreed to with the salesman. Get out your calculator and add all the fees up. Ask to see a paper copy of every page of the finance document.
6) When I bought my new car, I did not ask about additional fees, didn’t notice the price difference (over $1700!), and also didn’t notice that the finance guy sent me away with only the first page of six of my finance documents. Page 2 is where the hidden fees are located, including an $850 fee for Paintless Dent Repair. Never was this fee discussed with me.
7) To make up for this blatant dishonesty, the dealership has given me 3 years of oil changes and tire rotations. This still doesn’t even come close to the original $2495 I paid for one year of this service.