Ourisman Volvo Audi Lincoln of Frederick

Jordan Stickelman

Brian Miller, Sales Associate, Ourisman Volvo Audi Lincoln of Frederick

Brian Miller

October 28, 2018

"Audi Frederick will turn you away"

- uncaged102

Buyer Beware. Frederick Audi is more than happy to sell you a car, but after that you are a liability. TLDR version: I purchased a new A3 from Frederick Audi in May. The car had a variety of quality issues. After several repair attempts Frederick Audi recommended that I reach out to Audi corporate for assistance. When Audi corporate refused my claim (because the car had not ‘spent enough time in the shop’) Frederick Audi refused any additional work on my car, warranty or maintenance. Long version: I purchased a new Audi A3 from Frederick Audi in May of 2018. The buying experience was mediocre due to the following reasons: 1. The sales manager was pushy putting time deadlines on deals and getting aggravated as I pushed back. 2. I was told on a test drive that the car had 60 miles on it. When I went to purchase the car I identified that it actually had over 500 miles on it. When I asked for this to be considered in the deal the sales manager got upset. 3. Audi Frederick insisted on running my credit and approving me for a new car loan even though I had an existing pre-approval from BOA The first real issue arose when I arrived home with the car to find that one of the wheels was curbed. I picked the car up in the middle of a thunderstorm and the dealership could not provide an indoor location to inspect the vehicle. I identified this issue to the sales team who pushed back, but eventually agreed to fix the wheel. I dropped the car off a few weeks later to have the wheel repaired and also informed the shop that the sunroof rattled and groaned when vented. This was where the fun began. The shop identified the issue with the sunroof and a TSB to grease the sunroof rails. During my first visit they disassembled the sunroof and applied some type of grease, while also fixing the wheel. When I received the car back not only did the sunroof make 20x more noise than when I dropped it off, but the sunshade did not work and the trim on the driver’s door was scuffed up. They did a decent job of fixing the wheel damage, but totally ignored that there was damage to the tire as well. To date they have not taken any action with the tire damage beyond stating that it is not a safety issue. I brought the car back to the shop for a second stay once they had received a replacement for the damaged trim piece. By this point the MMI screen in the dash has also developed a rattle that I identified to the service manager. I explained that I was really concerned that I got the car back in worse shape than I brought it in, and was told that ‘it was under warranty, they will just keep fixing it’. The shop kept the car for over a week while attempting to fix the sunroof, sun shade, trim, and MMI screen. When I received the car back the Sunroof still rattled, the sun shade worked, but was scratched and sagged, the MMI screen still rattled, and the trim had been replaced. Audi Frederick ordered some magical grease from Germany that was recommended by an Audi Tech for the sunroof. This took over a month to arrive. I would eventually bring the car back two more times due to the sunroof rattle (and everything else), each time they disassembled the sunroof and greased the rails. After working with an Audi tech the shop managed to get the rattle in the sunroof back to the original level, but still not fixed. On my fourth visit the shop manager, Andy, test drove the car with me and only hear a slight rattle in the sunroof. This was after the second application of magical German grease. By this point the grease would ease the rattle for a few weeks before wearing off. Andy suggested that I reach out to Audi corporate which I did. He also stated that the next step would be to send my car to a body shop to have the existing sunroof cut out of the car (my 5k mile brand new car). I will not go into the Audi corporate detail because you have likely stopped reading at this point. After two months of trying to get a response I was told that Andy and Audi Frederick reported that my car operated no differently than other A3s. I guess when Andy explained that A3s had sunroof issues that meant that rattling and popping was the baseline. Audi did not seem concerned that the next step with the sunroof was to cut part of the roof out. I recently brought the car back into the shop because the pre-sense system had stopped working, the TPMS system had given no warning when I got a flat tire, and the MMI screen was still rattling. Andy would not listen to the sunroof again. I was told the TPMS system was fine, the front pre-sense sensor was out of alignment, but that the shop would fix it ‘this time’ without charging me for an alignment, and by some miracle they applied enough felt tape to get the MMI screen to stay quiet. After I was turned down by Audi corporate for assistance with the car (but that they would continue to service the car under warranty) I contacted Audi Frederick to continue work on the sunroof. I received an email from Andy stating that they would not perform any additional work on my car and that I should find a new dealership. He was kind enough to thank me for purchasing the car from Audi Frederick. The next nearest dealership is roughly an hour away from my house. I responded asking for an explanation, stating that I could try another dealership for the sunroof issue, but that I would still like to have my maintenance performed at Audi Frederick. I received another email from Andy stating they would not do any work, warranty or maintenance, on my vehicle going forward, no explanation given. Any further attempts to resolve this issue have gone unanswered. As of now, I have a new Audi, still with a rattling sunroof, and no local dealership to service my car, even after purchasing an AudiCare contract. If you got this far, thanks for reading. Please be careful if you decide to do business with Audi Frederick. They are happy to take your money, but don’t expect them to support you in the long run. Consider going to Audi Rockville instead. They have better prices and will eventually be servicing your vehicle anyway if you dare to question Andy’s and Audi Frederick’s work.

Andrew Cohen, Francis Rhea

September 22, 2018

"Questionable business practices. Stay away."

- Peter_D

The salepeople at this dealership are the stereo-typical slimy salespeople who will tell you one thing to your face and do another. Never trust them and never give them any persoanl information. I would not recommend buying a car off these people. Go to any used car lot in Baltimore city and you will have a better experience.

Kyle Reese
Chris Perry

September 06, 2018

"Great Experience "

- Jeff R.

Joe Holloway was very knowledgable and patient in assisting me in the purchase of my new Audi. After months of deliberation on my part, Joe was able to provide a low-pressure experience. He answered all of my questions and thoruoghly explained the many features of both Volvos and Audis. Joe and his staff presented a fair deal and the final transaction with Nick Rotruck was smooth and seamless. I highly recommend Joe and the staff at Ourisman of Frederick.

Joe Holloway