Porsche of South Shore

Nicholas Sheppa, Sales Representative, Porsche of South Shore

Sales Representative

Paul Cunha, General Manager, Porsche of South Shore

June 08, 2018

"Excellent experience dealing with Nick!"

- dleone1971

Visited the dealership and I wasn't sure if a Porsche was wanted I wanted, however after sitting with Nick and having him show me the Macan S I decided that I had to have it. I'm loving this vehicle.

May 12, 2018

"Steer Clear"

- FredFreen

Flew out from California for business in the city and took the train out to Freeport. Nick, the sales associate, was extremely pleasant and even had me picked up at the train station to see the Panamera I was interested in. Drove it, liked it but found several serious scratches and scrapes on the exterior that needed addressing. Nick assured me that they would take care of all of the cosmetic defects if I decided to buy it and they'd ship it for free to my home in So Cal. Negotiated a fair price and then the fun began. Nick informed me that they had completed the repairs and sent some marginal quality photos that made it impossible to see if the defects had been repaired properly. I informed Nick that the quality of the 7 photos were not adequate enough for me to make out the repairs and could he take 3 more from various angles. Guess that was it for Nicks professionalism and customer service. He got snippy and wouldn't do it. I told him, once again, why I needed 3 more pics with the latest ones having a reflection which obscured the area in question. Instead of trying again he informs me that iPhones don't take great pics and he wasn't doing it. I decided to contact his boss Farzan explaining that all I needed was 3 more photos and we could complete the deal. Farzan told me I was being unreasonable and that I really wasn't interested in purchasing said vehicle despite my bank attempting to arrange payment. He also mentioned that Nick's customers loved him which I agreed and told him that up until today, Nick had been great. Farzan ends his e-mail by telling me more or less to get lost and tough luck. Personally I think they couldn't get the scratches out and didn't want to put it on film and look bad. GM Paul did respond to one of my messages but talked in circles and didn't say much, again with no real explanation. Whole process was bizarre and I'd recommend avoiding this place especially if you're from out of state. As a PS, they took a $500 deposit on 04/27/18 and as of 06/07/18 still has not been returned. Not surprised at all.

January 13, 2018

"My Porsche Specialist John Cummins is the BEST!"

- sjspinner

This is my fifth Porsche that I purchased from different places ranging from eBay to other dealerships. I want to say that I have never been treated as fairly and as well, and very much like family, as I have been treated by Mr. John Cummins of Porsche of South Shore. Buying a Porsche should be an exciting experience, and John, as well as his manager Tom made it so. They went out of their way to make the deal happen, and to make sure the purchase went as smooth and as fun as possible. I almost felt like I was at home, as John, also known as Jack, offered me water, or soda, or even a sandwich each and every time that I visited Porsche of South Shore. He even went out of his way to accommodate me to have the insurance Carco inspections done during my test drive. How many salesmen would do that for you? I've never experienced such accommodation and friendliness. The dealership is like a big family and I was introduced to all the key members of this family, so I would be comfortable bringing my car back for service or in the unlikely event that I had a problem. Buying a car during the winter, especially a Porsche, can be a little concerning, not wanting to drive it home in the snow, and John Cummins even agreed to flatbed the car out to me delivering my beautiful Porsche right to my front door. Buying a Porsche from John Cummins and South Shore Porsche was one of the best car buying experiences that I have ever encountered. I highly recommend John Cummins and his dealership. Thanks John.

John (Jack) Cummins)