Maybe 2.5 stars
First off the experience wasn't that bad but not great by any stretch of the imagination. I know what I wanted and found the truck on the internet so
First off the experience wasn't that bad but not great by any stretch of the imagination. I know what I wanted and found the truck on the internet so I really didn't need much help from the staff. Here are my takeaways
1) Hated the sign here mentality, putting a pen in my face with the pressure of signing is never pleasant. My sales approach is consultative and getting to a point where they are asking to sign and not feel like they are forced to sign
2) Truck wasn't ready to be on the lot. It was dirty and had a smoke smell. they tried to mask it but once we got it home the next day it was almost unbearable. Watertown Ford does have a nice return policy of 7 days money back and I almost exercised that option as the smell was so bad. They paid for the detailing and deodorizing of the truck but I have to say what a disappointment, as this should have been done before we purchased the truck. The cleaning was so poor I even found french fries under the seat and I still had to take my time to do something they should have done already.
3) We paid cash and agreed to purchase the truck but we were stuck at the salesman's desk for nearly 45 minutes before anyone came to us with papers. I have seen this tactic when they are trying to get you to agree to purchase the vehicle but never after the decision was made.
4) Professionalism of the sales staff was lacking and I put this onto the dealership. When I am purchasing a truck for the same price as what I paid for my first home I would expect a certain level of professionalism. This was just another transaction to be processed.
5) Overall value of the truck I purchased (once we had it detailed, cleaned, and deodorized, ozoned) was still a good value as it had new tires, thank you for that, decent price on the truck and not insulting for the amount they gave me on my trade. Experience was a one out of 5.