Got our car in on short notice - Scarpo
I called on Tuesday to schedule an oil change and state inspection and they said drop the car off Wednesday morning and we will try. Well the car was done by 10 am. Great service.
Top Reviewed Specialists At This Dealership
car buy - diane
I had a no hassle car buying experience when I bought my Buick Encore. I was very pleased with my salesperson, Tom Frat, and with the dealership.
Sales & Leasing
Dishonest dealer - igcy
There's lots more I'm leaving out for the sake of brevity but basically here's what happened
- Before purchasing the used vehicle, I brought it to an independent mechanic nearby (Anchor Subaru) for a pre-purchase inspection.
- 2 main issues came up, 1 was a battery issue (easily fixable) and another was an engine leak.
- I brought this up with Guy Clark (the sales rep) and was told verbally that it would be fixed before I get the vehicle. I also have it hand-written and signed on a piece of paper (though not sure how useful that is).
- I go on a 2-week vacation
- When I get back, I meet with Guy to pick up the vehicle. I ask about the documentation that shows the leak was fixed. He says he'll get it to me the next day.
- So far, everything's going smoothly so I trust him (obviously wrongly).
- Well, this is when the problem begins. I got back 8/2 and only after going to his manager James Kelley, do I manage to finally force him to get me the documentation on 8/24
- All it says on the documentation is "CHECK FOR LEAKS NOTHING FOUND". Can you imagine my shock at seeing this!? This is what he means when he says the problem will be "fixed", it's by literally ignoring it!
- Well, in the 2.5 weeks since then, I have left countless voicemails and text messages with both Guy and James (and their receptionists are somehow NEVER able to find them in the office) but have not heard back at all.
It should still be covered under the dealer warranty but something tells me they are going to have tricks up their sleeves there so I'm just going to cut my losses short, pay the $2-3k myself to get the engine leak fixed and report this to the authorities (BBB, FTC, RI Attorney General's Office etc.).
In Rhode Island
Tasca Buick GMC