A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
jeffrey1963
7/20/2016

"Very professional and courteous"

A-I has always been a top notch organization. I have just purchased my 4th car from them. I plan on using them again. Carlos, part of the Finance team, was very helpful and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure working with Mitch, my sale rep.

Carol E Galloway
7/18/2016

"Wonderful customer service! "

My husband and I went to the dealership just to look at the inventory of used Rav4's, but when our salesman Kevin Wright explained all of the perks that come with an A1 Toyota vehicle purchase, we knew we were getting a great deal. We bought a car that same day!

barbara & al south

" 17th car from A-1"

This is the 17th car that we have leased or purchased from A-1 ..All our experiences have been really pleasurable....Our first lease back in 1999 was a birthday and anniversary gift for my wife.. Since I could not drive two cars home, the salesman drove the new car and followed me home with another person following him to bring him back after the dealership had closed. Delivered as a surprise to my wife to my doorstep !!! How can we go anywhere else ????? Barbara & Al South

Mysequoia

"New Sequoia"

My experience as a long time customer was outstanding. This is my fourth lease through A1 and I continue to be very happy. Kevin Wright was a pleasure to work with a d made every effort to make this experience seamless.

SenorEsteban
7/16/2016

"David Bryce is the man!!!"

Excellent service, they got me the vehicle I wanted and had me out the door same day! Great experience with this place, and I absolutely love my new vehicle! Thanks to all the staff that helped me get my certified Rav4!!!

Charlie Happy

"Hassle Free"

I have never had such a positive experience in purchasing a car. Everyone was a joy to work with from the receptionists to Mitch and then closing with Carlos. Thank you A1 Toyota. Charles and Robin Arntsen

Jendem

"Still extremely satisfied!"

This is my fourth time working with A-1 and I'm just as happy as I was the first time I came here. Brenton Fisher and Angel Ramos continue to be great to work with! I highly recommend coming to this dealership when you need a vehicle. You won't be sorry!

Maileco82

"The best dealer arund"

If you wanted the best service and experience ,and need buy a car.A1 Toyota is the dealer.Amanda is very nice person she take time and never boring when took to my ,she listen and help my a lot.

weasie921
7/14/2016

"Outstanding experience"

This is the third car I have leased from A-1 Toyota and every time it was a great experience. My sales person this time was Eddie Oliveras, and he was able to answer all my questions and he was completely professional and helped me through the entire phase of the leasing process making it very easy. He was very helpful right to the very end of the sale.

Bob54
7/14/2016

"Excellent experience!"

From the first question to us driving off the lot was an wonderful experience! Could not of asked for better service weather it was our salesman Patrick down to finance with Paul during this transaction !

Reviews of Carlos Orozco