A-1 Toyota

A-1 Toyota

Call
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe

"Sales experience "

The process was quick and painless. Quincy was always courteous, respectful, and pleasant to work with. Everything happened considering my schedule. Whatever I asked for was considered. Never did I feel pressured or confronted - a far cry from my experience with an A1 competitor.

November 17, 2014

We are so pleased that you are satisfied with your visit. We are committed to customer service, and are so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We sincerely hope you enjoy your new vehicle, and we will certainly pass your praises on to Quincy. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

"Another happy experience at A1"

This was my 5th car purchase at A1 Toyota. That is not to say I particularly enjoy buying cars. I don't! Fortunately, Quincy Smith been there every time and made the process straightforward, quick and even, at times, enjoyable. He was the same guy this time as he was the first time I met him 8 years ago. The entire staff at A1 is dedicated to the customer. And it helps to have a great product to sell and support.

November 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your business, feedback and continuous loyalty! We are so grateful to have dedicated customers such as yourself, and we are committed to our customer satisfaction! We will certainly pass your praises on to Quincy, who will be so happy to hear of your satisfaction. Enjoy your new car, and we look forward to your next visit!

"New car love it!"

Quincy made me feel so welcomed and comfortable with the deal. I did not feel rushed or pressured in any way to get a new Corolla. The deal just made sense. I'm so happy with my lease deal. Everyone was very helpful and understanding. At first I second guessed myself but I'm now very happy with my choice

November 07, 2014

We are so pleased that you were satisfied with your visit and that you are happy with your new vehicle! We will certainly pass your praises on to Quincy, and we sincerely hope you enjoy your new Corolla. See you soon!

"Excellent experience"

This was a very good experience for us in buying a car. We basically knew what we wanted and explored the inventory online of many dealerships. A-! called and said that they had the exact car we were looking for and we purchased from them. Sunny was a very thorough and pleasant salesperson to work with. We liked him very much. He was knowledgabe and walked us through every step. We highly recommend him. Bob and Sylvia, Fairfield CT.

October 24, 2014

We are so happy to hear that your visit was pleasant, Bob and Sylvia! We are very glad that you are satisfied with your new car, and we will pass your praises along to Sunny! Thank you so much for your business and your feedback, and we hope to see you soon!

"Experience is Superb "

This is my 5th Toyota I have obtained from A1. 10 years worth of great customer service and staff has rarely changed. Dependency, reliability like none other.

October 24, 2014

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with your new vehicle and that your experience at A-1 Toyota was pleasant! We thank you for your loyalty and kind feedback, and we look forward to working with you again!

"Pleasant experience."

Danielle Taylor was extremely pleasant and knowlegable. This is my third auto from A-1 and I wouldn't go to any dealership but them! Al Pettit Ansonia,Ct.

October 20, 2014

We are so happy to hear that you were so satisfied with your visit! We will certainly pass your praise along to Danielle. We thank you for your business and feedback, and look forward to serving you in the future!

"Staff is very detailed and customer-driven"

Great dealership to do business with. Mr. Quincy Smith is a perfectionist when it comes to meeting his customer's needs. His follow-up is timely and he is always willing to help with questions or concerns. Mike Querfeld runs a tight ship and is always on the floor and shop ensuring that customers have access to him. If you leave a message or have a concern, his response is lightning fast. I do have one suggestion, though. I've now purchased three vehicles from this dealership and, not once, did I ever see the owner or other administrators on the sales floor or in service. It is the sales and service staff that make this dealership shine. Mr. Galardi should maybe follow their lead....

August 25, 2014

I am so happy to hear you had a great experience at A-1 Toyota. Quincy is a great part of our team, and we are lucky to have him. I will certainly pass your praises to all of the team. Our business is not only family owned, but it is family OPERATED, as well. The Galardi Family members are at the dealership everyday. There are many of us! Most of the time, none of us would boast about our position as we try to act on even level with our employees. We work side by side. I am here working every Monday through Friday. My actual job duties do not occur on the showroom floor or the service drive. Yet, I constantly walk through all the customer areas throughout a day. Your feed back makes me realize that I should do a better job at talking to our customers as I travel the store. Thanks for the feedback. The next time you visit our showroom please be sure to ask for me. It would be my honor to meet you and thank you personally for your business and support. I speak for our entire family when I say, we are all very grateful. Safe driving, AnnaLynn (Galardi) Wheeler

"Good experience"

We purchased a 2011 Corolla for our daughter for a high school graduation gift. We started shopping early and Quincy was great finding us cars to look at. We turned a lot down but he was persistent. We love the car we bought and since we found it several weeks prior to graduation and it was a surprise, they kept in on the lot without any problem. We really appreciated it! I will say, however, that every time we went to the dealership we waited. For sometimes well over a half hour for our appointment to test drive a car or for financing. That was bothersome. I hate to waste time and sitting in a new car dealership every time we went annoyed me. But I did make mention of that and the day we picked up the car it was ready on time and we were on our way without a hitch. And, on top of the free oil changes for life, they gave us 21 free car washes at any Splash location. I really thought that was a nice perk. Overall, I really liked A-1 Toyota. And we thought Quincy really tried his hardest to find us a car and didn't get frustrated when we rejected a car simply for its color! (No red for an 18 year old!) I would definitely go back and purchase another car there if they had what I wanted. The no-haggle price thing though, don't buy it and next time I think I would negotiate a little more. Maybe it wouldn't have worked, but would have at least tried it! All that being said, love the car and loved the experience.

August 01, 2014

Thank you for your review and we are happy that we were able to accommodate to your needs as a prospective buyer. We hope that your daughter is enjoying the gift and be sure to check us out on Twitter! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. https://twitter.com/a1toyota

"Becareful buying without negotiating- Buyer Beware"

Quincy as a Salesperson is great and I've just purchased my 6 and 7th Toyota from him. I guess the only person I have to blame is myself for being so trusting and not dealing with A1 without the proper market knowledge of what a fair price is to pay for the two, 2014 Highlanders that I just purchased. A1 has a set price for cars which caused me to let my guard down and be overly trusting and not negotiate anything and just pay what they charged. It wasn't until after the papers were signed etc, that I realized that it appeared that I was being overcharged for optional equipment. Charging $299 for a rear bumper protector, that they sell for $119 at their parts desk and according to a few websites cost them $89 is unfair. A fair price would have been their counter price plus time for installation. And this is only one item, I bought a total of seven accesories for both cars. This is based on prices that I saw listed at the Toyota.com website, Edmunds.com, MSNautos.com web sites. I'll also definately talk to other dealers before I blindly make a purchase. So, I'll still buy from A1 in the future because they're convenient to my office, but this time I'll be very sure that I'm fully loaded with good market knowledge before I begin the purchase process. Buyer beware, lack of market knowledge can cause you to pay more than whats fair.

twilkos responded to this review

June 24, 2014

Again, Quincy is a great, very professional salesperson to deal with and is genuinely concerned about his customers. He went to bat for me, brought me concerns regarding pricing to the management and things were changed to my satisfaction. Quincy and A-1 investigated their own internal pricing for accessory items and have adjusted them accordingly to allow for a fair mark-up of the item and a fair amount of labor for their installation. As long as a dealer makes a fair profit, this is all that anyone can ask. I'm now back to being a satisfied A-1 customer.

June 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for us here at A-1 Toyota to hear the positive, along with the negative as this is the way we grow and improve. We constantly strive to better our customer service and we are currently handling this internally. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In the meantime, should you have any further comments or concerns please contact our General Sales Manager, John Durani, at (203) 389-1521 ext 140 or johns@a1toyota.com.

"Good deal, but need to follow up..."

I bought a certified used Prius last year. I found the car through online listing and called to reserve the car. The price is no hassle, there was no dealer documentation fee mentioned, but I met with an unexpected out-of-state registration processing fee, which is a few hundred dollars. Emerson the sales is very helpful, however it took me a few months with emails and phone calls to the used car manager Steve to get the "We owe" items such as the owner's manual and the missing cargo cover. The previous owner took good care of the car with oil changes every 5000 miles, I also took advantage of the free oil change.

Reviews of Quincy Smith