A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
batonRG
5/27/2015

"Quncy Smith, THE salesman"

We have purchased three vehicles from A-1--each sale was orchestrated by Qincy Smith. And, yes, orchestrated is the right word; sales for Quincy is an art form. He does his research, remembering what we purchased last and what we might be interested in this time. He is interested in our families and volunters information about his own family, all while directing us effortlessly and cheerfully through the buying experience.

Delightful1
5/20/2015

"Excellent "

My experiences with A1 having leased for years and now purchase and working with Quincy and Paul Wright has been beyond wonderful. Keep up the good works guys I appreciate everything you've done to make my experience a great one.

corollagirl513
5/14/2015

"I had a great experience buying my second car at A-1 Toyota"

Walking into the dealership you feel very comfortable and the atmosphere is very bright. Quincy was a big help and he is awesome. This is my second time buying a Corolla at A-1 and I'm very happy on the service I received there.

Lee
4/29/2015

"Great service from start to finish"

Was helpful to have appt made by Ken at the time of previous service. I put it on my calendar just so I wouldn't forget Service Advisor Ken was pleasant. Makes bringing the car in for service a pleasure. He set up my next appt. too. Loved having not to go searching for my car.

lilimay
4/28/2015

"Love doing business with A-1 Toyota"

Making service appointment is so easy. Called before going because my glove compartment broke and wanted to be sure they could fix it that day. Service representative said that I should get car in earlier than my appointment because I was at the 20,000 mile mark and he was able to give me an appointment 2 weeks early. Very friendly, accommodating and very professional employees. In fact, I told service rep about the glove compartment and he was able to fix it right at that point. He also came to me while waiting for service and showed me a filter that needed to be replaced because it was dirty and to get my consent to replace it. Service here is always done correctly the first time and never have to wait longer than the time they tell me. Never have to worry when my car is in A-1 Toyota's hands!

Shelly11

"Awesome !!!!"

Quincy is The Best!!! This is my second car from him. He is very thorough and extremely helpful !!! I would definitely recommend him to anyone. He is also a joy to work with and to be around !

Katie18
4/23/2015

"Fabulous service making it an exceptional experience"

As a return customer I was once again extremely impressed with the professionalism, friendliness and knowledge possessed by Quincy Smith and all the A-1 Toyota employees we delt with. Quincy is by far the best Auto Sales person I have ever delt with. He is extremely knowledgable but brings an easy manor to his technique making it a comfortable and enjoyable experience to buy a car. That is very rare in this industry and I very much hope it is appreciated by the dealership. I would highly recommend A-1 Toyota and would insist anyone I sent ask for Quincy.

EGE

"Quincy was great!"

For the second time - Quincy did a great job for us.... He made the experience of purchasing a new car both pleasant and enjoyable. Thank you.

Alice

"Great Experience!!"

This is my second purchase from Quincy. With any luck, we will make it a hat trick! Quincy has the unique quality of listening. We talked about my lifestyle and driving habits and he matched the vehicle perfectly. He knows the product upside down and backwards...answers the questions before they are asked. His presentation is first class and keeps the customer interest and needs as the problem at hand. I thank Quincy for who he is and what he knows and would recommend him above and beyond anyone.

Mga619
4/22/2015

"Excellent service department"

I Went in today 4-22-15 for my 5000 mile check up and I was first created by Tony Horan. Tony was great very professional kept me informed of the process during my time waiting . Over the last week or so I noticed a rattle coming from my door panel when the window was down I brought this to the attention of the service team ....kevin Wheeler Jr. , Mike Quefeld and Dan Wheeler went above and beyond !!! to take apart the whole door panel to to determine the root cause and fix the problem.... In my past experience with other dealerships they would normally have me come back and make another appointment but Not A-1...... Right after finishing the 5000 mile check up they proceeded to fix the window problem. I am extremely happy with the service that I have been receiving. Thank you!!

Reviews of Quincy Smith