A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
Jerry43
9/02/2015

"Why I returned to A1"

I bought 2004 Hilander from A1 and at the 184,000 mark, my service writer, Tony Horan, gently wondered if it was time to consider a new vehicle. At that time I was facing a big service bill, Becky gave me a loner of a RAV4. I was hooked. After that I was introduced to Quincy Smith and off we went. Quincy didn't have to sell me on the RAV4,, but he did walk me through the purchasing process. He also took a lot of time to introduce me to the myriad features of the operation of the vehicle. To be perfectly clear, Tony Horan is the reason I purchased at A1 (although there is another Toyota dealership closer to my home) he then connected me to Quincy, who then helped with the purchase. A1 has built a great team. Thank you.

Carlos, Angel

Speedy
8/30/2015

"Great Car Dealership "

I would liked to visit A-1 Toyota again. They are the best car dealership, I was there three years ago and I dealt with Eddie Oliveras he is such a great salesperson and sold me a 2012 Toyota Yaris what a great small vehicle. Paul Wright is also such a great person who knows everything about selling cars. Thank you A-1 Toyota!!!!!!

Monikapl26
8/29/2015

"4th purchase at A1 Toyota"

I've had a great experience every single time I purchased my car. I always deal with Quincy Smith. He is professional, extremely nice and always goes above and beyond in what he does. Carlos did my paperwork. He was very pleasant and walked me through everything I needed to sign. Very knowledgeable.

Ralph_N
8/29/2015

"I leased a car with A1 and we just purchased a car with A1"

Everyone at A1 was great to work with! We live less than 2 minutes from another Toyota dealer but they are impossible to deal with! We are lifetime "members" of A1 and will continue to purchase / lease from them for years to come! Sunny and Angel were great to work with!

hunter72
8/27/2015

"My First Leased Car !! "

The staff are amazing ! They know exactly what you need and work hard to get the job done !! I enjoyed meeting with Quincy , he made the ride smooth and enjoyable !

teammarti3
8/26/2015

"A pleasant car buying experience!! "

My 91yo grandfather recently purchased his 5th Toyota Camry from A-1 Toyota & although he had never bought them from this dear before he knew exactly what he wanted & having Quincy as a salesman made it so quick & easy to make the purchase! A smooth process from the start! Thank you to all the staff at A-1 Toyota for making his last new(er) car purchase a pleasure! He is like a kid in a candy store! THANK YOU ALL :-)

Harriett
8/21/2015

"Buyin a car"

This is the first time I bought a car by my self. I found the sale person very nice I told him what I was looking fo. He should me two car,i bought the second one he show me. I then saw Paul wright who was also very nice an very helpful answered all my questions. I would recommend any of my friends to A1 Toyota..

emr521
8/14/2015

"Return customer. Very happy with purchase"

This is the third Toyota we have purchased and each time Paul Evans was our salesperson. He has always been very helpful and understanding of all our concerns. I would highly recommend him. Truly a get salesperson. Made us feel comfortable with our purchase. Like that we were given the price no haggling. We felt we got a good deal and a fair trade in on our old vehicle Paul Wright came in on his day off to accommodate our final signing. He did a great job getting us the best financing available. We had a budget we had to work within and Paul did all he could to help us. Have come here several times for services for our 2013 Corolla. I have always been pleased with the service and the comfortable waiting area

NicoleD
8/12/2015

"Warm and efficient. A wonderful experience."

This was my first time at A1 Toyota; I had been putting off purchasing a new car, dreading the process but was pleasantly surprised with my experience at A1! The staff was warm and knowledgeable and patient with all of my questions. I know very little about cars, financing or the process of buying a car so I had a lot of questions. Quincy Smith answered all my questions and I never felt rushed or pressured to make a quick decision that might be wrong for me. They offered me a a fair deal on my trade in and Paul Wright was wonderful in working to get me the very best financing. I am genuinely impressed by the staff's commitment to getting me into the best car for me at the price that worked me. I truly love my Prius! Thank you!

Joe
7/21/2015

"Efficient and fair sales process"

I purchased a 2015 Rav4 two weeks ago. A-1 Toyota was a breath of fresh air! I received a very fair sales price without any of the back and forth baloney. The trade in offered was good and the deal was done. Thirty-five minutes from walking in the door to a complete deal and they delivered the car six hours later! If felt like my time and intelligence were respected. I would recommend A-1 Toyota to anyone who wants a good deal and wants to be treated in a fair and professional manner.

Reviews of Quincy Smith