A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
Gholson43
8/23/2016

"Leasing a commuter car"

Quincy Smith has taken car of our family over and over. Everyone from the receptionist to the business dealer is cordial. We would advise all consumers to enjoy this dealer.

Patrick's RAV4
8/22/2016

"Excellent Experience"

We found that Kevin Wright listened to our needs regarding the lease of a RAV4. He listened so well that we leased two 2016 RAV4s.

MelindaS129

"Personable and reliable"

Whenever I contact frank for help with an appointment he always makes the process smooth and simple! He's extremely friendly and upfront and I respect that about him. He's also always reliable and gets me scheduled and has helped people I've referred!

Mfox

"Easy going"

Luigi made us feel relaxed and did not pressure us into buying. He answered all our questions and made our experience relaxing and hassle free.

Bob Nikituk

"OUTSTANDING "

I am a repeat customer. A-1 is TOPS to me as far as selling and maintenance. I just purchased a Toyota Prius 4 Touring, and I plan to be back when it's time for my next car.

Carlos
8/20/2016

"Easy, helpful, reasonable, understanding..."

If your looking for the right car at the best price A-1 Toyota can really do the job for you... Sales men were extremely helpful & fair... I purchased a 2016 Toyota corolla with the help of Kevin wright, I couldn't be anymore happy with my decision.

Zackery1998

"Great experience"

I had never purchased a car from a dealership and was apprehensive at first. The staff made it so easy for me to walk away with a safe and beautiful vehicle. Thank you, David and Carlos!

BB
8/20/2016

"Another great car purchase experience at A-1 Toyota"

This week my husband and I completed another purchase of a vehicle from A-1 Toyota. It was as easy and fun as the other times that we have used this dealership. This is the second time that we were helped by Fariz "Dado" Dadic. He is really fabulous. Besides his wonderful, friendly and helpful nature, his knowledge of the Toyota products is extensive. Every question answered accurately. All options presented clearly. Dado helped us put together just the right car for us. Paul Wright handled the financial end with ease. At no point did we feel pressured. We have enjoyed a long relationship with this dealership and highly recommend it.

Lily
8/18/2016

"2016 RAV4 XLE"

This was my first time at this dealership and I can say it was a very positive experience! David was extremely helpful, thorough, and personable throughout my entire experience at A-1 Toyota, even when my father was being a bit difficult during negotiations. I appreciate the fact that this particular dealership offers a bottom line price in order to ensure all customers are treated fairly and equally. He was very patient and treated me as if I were his own daughter, reassuring me that this particular vehicle (RAV4 XLE) was very safe and suitable for me as a young driver. We never felt pressured at any point during the decision making process for buying the new vehicle.

Jender Rivas campos
8/18/2016

"Amanda she helpe me and everything she is good "

Amanda she she is a good person she help me and my wife to buy are frist car she help me and all things the information the information need

Reviews of Paul Wright