A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
Patrick's RAV4
2/11/2016

"Extremely Satisfied"

Keep up the quality of service. This is my second time leasing and having a vehicle serviced at A-1 Toyota. Plan to do it a third time

Kmedi1
1/28/2016

"Happy"

I had a wonderful experience & everyone I spoke to was very helpful. They went far and beyond to ensure I walked out of there happy.

Vany16
1/16/2016

"I have a nice experience in this store."

I was so happy to come here because I need a car and I choose the correct car for me and the attention to the personal was excellent, they are number 1.

venza2015
1/12/2016

"I couldn't ask for better service."

Brenton Fisher was my salesperson. He was polite, professional and respectful of my choices and decisions. He was informative and helpful in every areas of my purchase. He certainly is a gentleman. Brenton was up front with the price and add on prices. I appreciate honesty. Every item was explained to my satisfaction. All my questions were answered. It went smoothly. Brenton went through the car with me explaining all the operations. He expressed his availability to assist if I need further help. I have brought all my cars from A-1 Toyota for the past 20 years. The facility remodel is great.

KPage
1/07/2016

"A1 is A1 !"

Salesmen was a total professional and Gentlemen. Outstanding customer service skills ! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone ! Great Job ! Very simple and easy process !!!

So long Ford
12/22/2015

"Satisfied Lease customer"

Toyota made our experience wonderful from the first minute my husband stepped foot into the dealership. It was a Saturday and my husband drives into the driveway driving a 2016 Toyota Highlander for me to look at and out pops David Bryce. Cheery from the get go and just a wonderful spirit. He made everything so easy from the onset. He was aware that we were having issues with our current dealership that we had leased cars from for 20 years and he picked right up on that and really assured us that we would definitely have a better experience if we were interested in looking at a HIghlander and he was right. Thank You David for being so compassionate and informative and spending the right amount of time with us to make our experience informative and easy. I hope we will be dealing with Toyota for another 20 years.

sia,d
12/19/2015

"sunny and paul wright,excellent service."

I have always been buying my cars from A1 Toyota and have always had a very warm and welcoming service from the entire staff. Sunny my sales consultant was a pleasure to work with, he was very patient and friendly to explain me about the features on my Highlander. Paul Wright my finance manager is always a pleasure to work with.

Cam05008
11/19/2015

"Great Car Buying Experience"

I purchased my new 2015 Toyota Tacoma at A-1 Toyota and had a very pleasant experience. It was nice not to have to deal with price negotiation or the manager coming in to "close the deal." Quincy Smith was very helpful and we didn't feel the pressure that we had felt at other dealerships. He stayed late on his birthday to help get the purchase done in a timely manner. Paul Wright and Mustafa also stayed until past 9:30 PM to help us with the purchase as well. Overall it was a nice car buying experience and I would recommend A-1 Toyota to anybody looking for a new car or truck. The Tacoma has been great as well!

Sue4563
11/19/2015

"Great Service"

I have been using A1.Service Department for 13 yrs now and I cannot say enough how wonderful they are. Mike Querfield, Service Manager, is the best, he is very professional and treats you with respect. Recently I was very ill and had to leave my Sienna their until I was able to get it, Mike went out of his way for me and even had the car delivered back to me so I did not have to go and pick it up. They are truly the best!

Rajesh
11/08/2015

"Truly professional and great service!"

I recently bought my Toyota Corolla at A-1, and I experienced a truly professional and courteous customer service from the initial moment. All of the staff that I interacted with at A-1 were great and made sure that I had complete satisfaction with my purchase. I highly recommend A-1 Toyota for anyone looking to buy a car, and I'm sure that you will find the experience as enjoyable as I did.

Reviews of Quincy Smith