A-1 Toyota

A-1 Toyota

Call
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
amentob
12/16/2014

"A stressful time made easy."

The experience was a great. I was treated more like a friend than a customer. All available options mechanical and financial were clearly explained without any pressure to purchase any additional items. I was more than comfortable with the entire experience.

Lloyd.GilliamJr
12/15/2014

"First Time Car Buyer"

It was a great experience. They was there for me as soon as I walked in. They answer every question I had & concerns. They were very friendly polite & respectful. They helped me get the car I wanted & the way I wanted it. I could ask for any better help. Then what I got. Thanks Quincy Smith & Paul Wright!!

ljmoyles
12/14/2014

"Time for a new Toyota"

The last new car we bought was a 2003 Toyota 4Runner in Atlanta, GA, and after so many years of excellent quality/service, we decided to look at the new 4Runners. (For the record, this makes the 5th Toyota I've owned over the years starting with a used Celica in 1981.) Since we'd had service a few times at A-1 over the years, we dropped in to drive the new 4Runner. From the minute we walked in the door, it was like we were long, lost friends. To a person, they made us feel important from the first. Then, we found out that they are a no-haggle (and I mean no haggle) dealership, we were even more impressed! When we decided we wanted to drive the Highlander Hybrid, they didn't have one, so we went to another dealership to take a ride. This dealership (which will remain unnamed) was a "full" haggle dealership, and after a few hours, we finally struck a deal. Upon reflection, though, we realized that we liked everything about A-1 more, not to mention that they were closer to us. When we reached out to them, they were super kind once again. As it turned out, though, they could only essentially match the price from the other dealership (I think it was less than $200 in total deal, including a trade-in of our 2003 4Runner). Even though we decided to stick with the initial deal, we had barely walked back into our house when the general sales manager of A-1 called to tell us how unhappy his folks were that we didn't strike a deal. After putting their heads together, they figured out a way to save us about $200 more on the accessories we wanted, and they won our business. To a person, we enjoyed working with the team at A-1. And since we already knew their service department, it was a no-brainer. Oh, and we were close enough to this dealership to take advantage of their free shuttle whenever the car was in for the scheduled maintenance. All-in-all, we can't say enough about all of the folks we met with and dealt with at A-1. To us, there's no better Toyota dealer in the area!

tdobs1990
12/10/2014

"Always a smooth process"

As a graduate student I wanted to treat myself to a special gift. I googled car dealership in the New Haven area and A-1 popped up. This was my first stop in buying my first brand new car. The experience was smooth and no hassle whatsoever. A year later I still go for my checkups and it's like the first time all over again. The staff is phenomenal there!! They've always been welcoming with bright smiles and very engaging in conversations. They're always ensuring that I was comfortable even if your just waiting for an oil change. There is no other dealership like A-1 Toyota. I have and will continue to recommend this place to any and everyone.

Nancy Mugno

A-1
12/10/2014

"It doesn't get better than this!"

"User-friendly" is the best way I can describe my total experience with A-1 Toyota of New Haven. This was Customer service at its best!

PFB
12/07/2014

"Smooth and easy process"

This was our third purchase from A-1 and the second from Quincy Smith. Everything went smoothly and Quincy was a delight to deal with. He accommodated my schedule. Despite being quite busy on the day of delivery, he spent all the time that we needed and we never felt rushed. He really is "truly exceptional."

bvitale1130
11/28/2014

"Never a complaint"

My wife and I have purchased/leased a total of 7 cars from Quincy at A-1 and each experience has been ideal. From Paul in Finance to the service staff, all the way to the guys who detail your car for delivery, every step of the way these individuals go above and beyond for you. We are incredibly happy with A-1

December 03, 2014

Thank you so much for your business and kind feedback. We are so proud to have loyal customers such as you and your wife. We will certainly pass your praises along to Quincy, Paul and the rest of the staff. We are so pleased that your visits have been continually pleasant, and we look forward to your next visit!

Janetrusso
11/15/2014

"Sales experience "

The process was quick and painless. Quincy was always courteous, respectful, and pleasant to work with. Everything happened considering my schedule. Whatever I asked for was considered. Never did I feel pressured or confronted - a far cry from my experience with an A1 competitor.

November 17, 2014

We are so pleased that you are satisfied with your visit. We are committed to customer service, and are so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We sincerely hope you enjoy your new vehicle, and we will certainly pass your praises on to Quincy. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Michael Ross
11/11/2014

"Another happy experience at A1"

This was my 5th car purchase at A1 Toyota. That is not to say I particularly enjoy buying cars. I don't! Fortunately, Quincy Smith been there every time and made the process straightforward, quick and even, at times, enjoyable. He was the same guy this time as he was the first time I met him 8 years ago. The entire staff at A1 is dedicated to the customer. And it helps to have a great product to sell and support.

November 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your business, feedback and continuous loyalty! We are so grateful to have dedicated customers such as yourself, and we are committed to our customer satisfaction! We will certainly pass your praises on to Quincy, who will be so happy to hear of your satisfaction. Enjoy your new car, and we look forward to your next visit!

Ritapita
11/03/2014

"New car love it!"

Quincy made me feel so welcomed and comfortable with the deal. I did not feel rushed or pressured in any way to get a new Corolla. The deal just made sense. I'm so happy with my lease deal. Everyone was very helpful and understanding. At first I second guessed myself but I'm now very happy with my choice

November 07, 2014

We are so pleased that you were satisfied with your visit and that you are happy with your new vehicle! We will certainly pass your praises on to Quincy, and we sincerely hope you enjoy your new Corolla. See you soon!

Reviews of Quincy Smith