A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
Joe
7/21/2015

"Efficient and fair sales process"

I purchased a 2015 Rav4 two weeks ago. A-1 Toyota was a breath of fresh air! I received a very fair sales price without any of the back and forth baloney. The trade in offered was good and the deal was done. Thirty-five minutes from walking in the door to a complete deal and they delivered the car six hours later! If felt like my time and intelligence were respected. I would recommend A-1 Toyota to anyone who wants a good deal and wants to be treated in a fair and professional manner.

mkvenkat
7/20/2015

"Excellent service"

This is my first visit to A1 Toyota dealership. I have passed by the dealership many times in the several years. This is my first purchase of Toyota Prius III. Service was excellent. Qunicy Smith was professional and very knowledgeable about the Prius. I would rate him very high for his service and strongly recommend working with him.

cariduro
7/16/2015

"A True No Hassel Car Buying Experience."

I believe this is my third time dealing with Eddie Oliveras and he is great he knows Toyota. The next time im on the market for a new Toyota or any of my friends or family im going down to A1 Toyota and Eddie Oliveras. Paul Wright Is the men when it comes to the final paperwork been dealing with him since 1996. Leaving your car for service get Ezequiel Pizarro great service.

Lexar53
7/15/2015

"Professional service"

had a good experience--service advisor moved some things around to fit me in--I appreciated that. was very efficient- laid out what would be involved on next visit so I know what to expect. That is a nice touch.

Bonbontheway
7/15/2015

"Got my lovely first car!"

I would recommend this dealer for its fast response and warm hearted service. I bought a used car but they changed brand new tires for me and offered 21-days free car wash! Love it!

HT
7/07/2015

"Gorgeous Dealership!"

This is the first time I worked with A1-Toyota and I had such a wonderful experience, that I wanted to take the time to write this feedback. As a Fleet Manager, my job is to purchase and lease vehicles for my agency. I’ve been to dozens of dealerships in Connecticut, some more memorable than others and some were memorable for all the wrong reasons. A1 Toyota is memorable because they redefine exceptional service. It’s important for me to mention that A1 Toyota is nearly 13 miles away from my office. There is a Toyota dealership closer, much closer in fact but I choose not to go there. From the moment I entered A1 Toyota, I felt comfortable and relaxed, as opposed to the normal feeling of “here I go into battle again”. There I met an experienced consultant named Quincy Smith. This man understood what I was saying. He listened intently to what I was saying. I didn’t feel as though he just wanted to sell me something. I was able to exchange cellular and e-mail information with Quincy. Finally, someone who knows how to use technology! Quincy was responsive and attentive to my requests. Often times we would negotiate at odd times of the day. As I pondered about the deal, I would text Quincy a question and he would reply quickly! Needless to say, I put Quincy through the ringer! I had many questions and Quincy was always available with the answers. The dealership is calm, clean and inviting. It’s perfect for the working professional, as they have WI-Fi, food, drink, clean bathrooms and plenty of seating. The dealership even offers a place where children can play safely and a room for those wishing to use their own laptops! Although A1 Toyota wasn’t the lowest price, their service guarantee, personnel and accommodations made it the right choice for me. We leased a 2015 Toyota Camry LE and love it! YES, I could have paid $20.00 less per month. But that dealership was 60 miles away and, they wouldn’t offer the free loaners or personal business relationship that I was looking for. I want accountability. When the opportunity presents itself, I look forward to conducting more business with this dealership and specifically, Quincy Smith. Believe me, I’ve done my homework. If you’re planning on getting a Toyota, give Quincy Smith at A1 Toyota your business. You won’t regret it!

Karen M.
7/07/2015

"Best experience ever! A1 Toyota is amazing!!"

I have been to many dealerships over the years and purchased many new and used vehicles with a feeling of either not being satisfied completely or an ok experience. At A1 Toyota my experience was top notch from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out. Completely the best experience I have ever had! My salesman Quincy went above and beyond to accommodate my husband and I, especially with our busy work schedules. Quincy was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and one of the most professional people I have ever met. Best assets, he is a great listener and a people-person. He even entertained my son, while my husband and I filled out paperwork. Truly a wonderful experience we ever had with a car dealership!!! A1 treats their customers like gold! A1 staff is truly amazing!!!

rubin8or89
6/29/2015

"Bought first car!!"

Thanks A1! Dadic is super friendly and my parents have bought their cars from him. I didn't buy my Highlander from him, as I was buying out my expiring lease, but he knew me and gave his best to my family. I didn't end up getting a Rav4 from Brenton a few years back, but he was very nice and greeted me well getting this car. Nancy at the front desk is Filipina like my mom and surprised my mom when she bought her car with pansit noodles-- they were delicious. Carlos is my dude. Helped me find a super low rate buying out my lease. Completed nearly everything in a day. Let me plug in my iPhone to his speakers to jam out filling paperwork. He likes kung fu. Brought my car to get brakes and John helped me get out of there in a few hours. Webster saw that I was a DJ and asked for headphone advice. So he took extra special care of resurfacing my brakes. He's super friendly and smiling!! He likes bowling. ;p A1 Toyota= Like Frank Sinatra says... "Ayy #1." Great cars. Great people. That's how it should be.

Joy Paladino
6/28/2015

"Steering wheel shaking"

Your comment(s): Ken Perone is awesome! He even explained what was happening to my car that the steering wheel shook and got it fixed. The shaking on the steering wheel was fixed and it is Awesome!

FrankieT
6/16/2015

"Why I now have 3 A-1 Toyotas...."

Throughout the last decade-plus, my family has put over 300-hundred thousand miles on our two A-1 Toyotas. Over all of those miles, almost every bit of service was done at A-1—from oil changes and tune-ups to thunks, clunks and timing belts. Never had to worry about the quality of the work. Never felt pressured to make a decision, and always felt confident in the knowledge and trustworthiness of the staff in any part of the building. When it was time this spring to add a newer Highlander to our family, I knew I'd look no further than A-1. And, as in the past, it was the right decision. This time in sales I had the pleasure of working with Quincy Smith. Always available, and quick to respond to a text, email, or phone call, Quincy is a careful listener. He was patient and helpful throughout—even with my puzzled questions about the significant display differences, choices, and challenges between my old and new Highlanders. Quincy has been no exception to my positive A-1 experience. I have no hesitation in recommending Quincy and those with whom I worked closely on this last purchase to anyone. And that goes for A-1's service, too. They've always given me their best, and I thank them for the peace of mind it has given me.

Reviews of Quincy Smith