A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road,
New Haven, Connecticut 06515
A-1 Toyota Info
About A-1 Toyota

In the early 60’s, the owners of a local garage received a postcard announcing the production of a new four-wheel drive vehicle. At the time, the automotive industry was producing only one other vehicle in this category, so the owners thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce a new four-wheel drive vehicle that they would be able to sell as well as service. The postcard was answered and the response was the founding of the first Toyota dealership in New England and the beginning of what has become a very successful endeavor for Dominic Galardi, Anthony Buglione and A-1 Toyota. The history of A-1 Service began before this. In January of 1951, Dom joined his father-in-law, Tony Buglione in a partnership that included a gas station and used cars. The station was located on the corner of Olive Street and St. John in New Haven. In the late 1950’s, a new highway system was breaking through the neighborhood, people started moving to the suburbs, and with the limited space they had already outgrown, A-1 looked for a new location. The new site they chose was in East Haven. The partnership grew to include Dominic’s brother, Andrew. Their new location, occupying a city block on Main Street and the sign reading A-1 Auto Service, Inc., became a landmark for many. In 1963, A-1 completed the building of the first Toyota showroom on the East Coast. In 1966, just three years after opening their dealership, A-1 became the second largest Toyota dealership in the country. Toyota’s line-up featured only two vehicles at the time, the four-wheel drive Land Cruiser and one of the first economy cars, the Tiara. Over the years, A-1 Toyota continued to grow and in 1980 moved to their current location on Amity Road in New Haven adding the Dodge franchise that dueled with Toyota until 1990. A-1 Toyota’s line-up looks far different than it did in 1963, but the basis for a successful business has continued. The business is still owned by the same family, and Domin

About A-1 Toyota

• Full Service Cafe
debbie
5/03/2016

"Quincy is simply the best."

Quincy had the perfect blend of prompting us and allowing us to take our time to figure out which car we wanted, and when. He held our hands throughout, and guided us with clear expertise to the new blue Prius we adore, with just the trimmings we like. I hope only to buy cars with him in the future, and would say that to any car shopper on the planet.

diana
4/27/2016

"friendly, professional, Quincy is great"

I have purchased and now leased several vehicles from Quincy. I have referred other customers and will return because of my positive experiences. I would recommend this dealership over others that are located closer to my home because of the customer service and family-like atmosphere.

JoJo
4/20/2016

"17 years of beyond excellent service!"

Once again my experience with A-1 Toyota and Quincy Smith was exceptional! I have lease my last 6 vehicles from A-1 and have been dealing with Quincy Smith on 4 of them. He always goes above and beyond for me to make sure that I get the vehicle that is right for me and always answers all of my questions/concerns...he truly makes the whole experience awesome! Paul Wright did my final paperwork and he was a true professional with a smile! I also would like to mention that even after I have leased my vehicles and I am in A-1 for service, Quincy always takes the time to say hello and make me feel like a valued customer! I really can't imagine going any where else the next time around and I highly recommend this fine dealership and of course a great salesman like Quincy!

Ami123179
4/19/2016

"Always a pleasant and easy leasing process!"

I recently leased my 5th Toyota, and I work with my salesperson, Quincy, every time. Quincy is personable, dependable, and always treats me as I would expect him to treat a family member. I feel like I'm in good hands and he works to make the car leasing process fit my family's needs and be as easy as possible. I would highly recommend visiting Quincy at A-1 Toyota when YOU are in the market for a new car.

Helen Riviere
4/13/2016

"Excellent service! My salesman, Quincy Smith was terrific!"

I have been leasing Toyota cars for many years now. This was my first experience with Quincy Smith at A-1 Toyota. His knowledge, patience, and attention to all my needs was first rate. No question was left unanswered. He made me understand the choices and process from start to finish. I feel like I can call him with any issue that may arise with this new vehicle. I have been highly recommending him to family and friends!

Zouzou60
4/13/2016

"Nothing but excellence in Quincy Smith! He is the BEST!"

I have bought several cars over many years from Quincy and every single time, I have been extremely satisfied not only with the car I bought but also with the whole process. He is still available to me whenever I need him to answer whatever question I ask him, no matter how simple or complex, I can always count on him. I trust Quincy and having bought cars for my children as well as myself over al these years, I could not ask for better! Thank you Quincy!

wandacpic
4/13/2016

"4-time Rav 4 leasee! Great service!"

I have been working with A1 Toyota and Quincy Smith for many years now, and would not consider going anywhere else to lease or buy any vehicle. They have always exceeded my expectations!

jca1386
4/05/2016

"Great people and attention to detail!"

The thought of buying a new car is usually a stressful situation and something that we all avoid at all costs. I for one was pleasantly surprised and happy with my experience at the dealership. There was not one ounce of sales pressure as well an understanding of my needs from the word go. The employees and staff at A-1 are top notch and deserve that recognition! From the test drive to the pickup of the vehicle everything went smoothly and I look forward to buying my future vehicles from the fine folks at A-1.

Mara
3/21/2016

"Always Satisfied.......Ms. Moodie"

I've received nothing but the best service from A1 Toyota. Mark Mastracchio is awesome. Efficient, polite, courteous and reliable. He's a great asset to this company. This is my 3rd Toyota dealership and by far THE ABSOLUTE BEST! Thank you Mark Mastracchio!!

LAP
3/21/2016

"Best Service In Town"

I won't go to any other Toyota dealership or mechanic for service. Toyota keeps doing what they always do and that is being professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I never feel as if the "wool is being pulled over my eyes" when it comes to having things done to my car. I like and appreciate how they explain what and why things are being done. I would highly recommend A-1 Toyota!!!!

Reviews of Quincy Smith