Bob Bell Chevrolet of Bel Air

About Bob Bell Chevrolet of Bel Air

STILL WAITING
1/20/2016

"Still waiting "

Here for a computer update. I was told it would take a little over an hour. My "appointment " was at 8am. Car in at 7:45am it is now 10:27am. I will definitely move on from this dealership.

DontaeO
10/06/2015

"BELLCARE with a stipulation"

If I could give the dealership a NO STAR I would. First let me say that they have the most dishonest employees working for them. I had purchased a equinox with them which included Bellcare Advantage, this quote is taken right from there website (When you buy a new or certified pre-owned vehicle from Bob Bell you can buy in confidence, knowing that your Bob Bell Chevrolet of Bel Air serviced engine is guaranteed for life. You'll also enjoy free oil changes and tire rotations for the life of your vehicle). Well about 2 months ago my crossover's check engine light came on and I took it in knowing that I have what it stated above. They called and said that 2 of my engine sensors located on the ENGINE need to be replaced and that its not covered. Well I went right to the Bob Bell's website and the flyer they gave me when I brought the car and it says "Engine Guarantee for Life" no ifs, ands or buts. I told them to look at there own website and read what it says because it doesn't have an asterisk that says ask sales for more details or have small fine print at the bottom that explains whats covered and not. She then proceed to say that its only INTERNAL engine parts they cover and that my sales person's should have told me that when I purchased the car and that there is nothing they are going to do about it if i want it fix I have to pay. I have my car back NOT FIXED and I'm still trying to make them pay for what is clearly a mistake they made. This is not the right way you do business and treat loyal Chevrolet and GM customers and after 3 cars purchased from them I will not be doing any more business with them again.

Trina

Kkrriizz
6/23/2015

"No pressure sale"

Bought used. Dealt with Jesse. Showed me cars in my price range. Very personable. No pressure or "let me ask my manager". Got a good price. Dealt with other friendly guys there as well. Again no pressure, no pushing. Easy to talk to and deal with. Would have liked a full tank of gas and coolant but I guess that was for new cars. Did get napkins in back and a CD in player. Minor issues. Will come back to buy again.

scott1043
6/07/2015

"read carfax closely"

Hi I have bought 3 previous cars at dealership with no issues. Fourth time it fell apart. Was told used jeep liberty had clean carfax. My fault took their word for it. Brought it back immediately when I found accident damage. They gave me trade in value for car I just bought. This happened a while back but I am still pissed at dealership since I was a regular customer. Question their integrity gm at that time was extremely cocky and arrogant

cbenson
2/12/2015

"Great Staff Hard Workers"

After looking at a lot of different cars I decided to look at a Sonic RS. When I arrived at the dealership I was promptly greeted by my salesman Jesse Fletcher. I went and got the car immediately and we went for a test drive. After we went to the office to go over the numbers but at that time they didn't work out. I don't have the best credit and knew it would be hard work. After two weeks instead of giving up he kept trying. My salesman and his uncle, who also works their, kept at it. Finally getting me the price I want on the car that I wanted. Also they cut my interest rate in half. I would recommend them to anyone I know. It was a awesome experience

Jim G
1/30/2015

"Best sales and service around! "

I live in Pennsylvania, and I will go nowhere else to purchase and service my vehicles. I have bought several cars and trucks from Mark Conrad. His knowledge, passion, personality, are second to none. He has earned my trust and always gives me the best deal. I will never second guess his honesty and integrity. I will always drive a Chevy!

CudaJoe
1/27/2015

"Equinox purchase out of state."

Purchased a 2013 Equinox in October of 2014. The price was fair for the vehicle but their trade in offer for our 2012 Cruze Eco was very low. Apparently chevrolets depreciated at unimaginable rates only within the walls of chevy dealerships. We are having a baby in February so we traded the sport compact in for an SUV so we could tote around baby stuff and actually fit a car seat comfortably. We live in Delaware but since I have had a previous good experience with Bob bell of Bel Air, I decided to go back to buy another car. The overall salesman aspect of wheeling and dealing was fine. I was okay with that. But when it came to tags and title documentation and registration for another state, they didnt have a clue. We were told they would order our tags for us and mail them to our house. We were told by the dealership to turn in our our DE tag since they were not "SUV tags" at our DMV and we needed to just wait to recieve the new DE tag. Well, once we went to the DMV, we were told that we did not need to turn in these plates and that they were good for vehicles up to 3900Ibs. Too late, Bobby Bell has our money and new plates ordered... 2 months go by and no plates show up. I recieve an email from the salesman telling me I need to go get the vehicle inspected and I need to mail the inspection paperwork directly to their title company. I go and get the inspection and DMV service rep in the inspection line says they dont need to inspect 2013's... Did the inspection anyway and overnighted the form. Meanwhile the paper tags are on the verge of expiring and still no plates. Paper tags expired Dec 31. I called the person in charge of tags over at Bob Bell in bel air, Roberta. I asked if they needed anything else for me in order to get the tags mailed to us. She informed me, No, theres usually a long back up period for them to mail the tags. She issues us another temporary tag till January 30th 2015. In 3 days, I will not be able to drive the SUV legally. I told Roberta this and her response is "Just dont get caught" with a light chuckle. Now I am wondering how I was talked into letting them go ahead and save me the pain of going to the DMV to get tags and registration when I could have them streamline it for me? I can go to the DMV right now, throw down the $140 or whatever the cost is going to be and have my tags today, no 5 month wait period. This is out of control. I am not a person who easily complains about a service. If I get cold eggs and bacon at Dennys, I eat it and leave a tip. Ive called and talked to Roberta 4 times. Each time she cant tell me any new information on my tags other than theres a wait period. She cant issue me another paper tag which will force me to go get paper tags myself. Todays date is 1/27/2015 and I purchased my vehicle October 30th 2014. Our baby is due February 20, 2015 and a vehicle I bought to welcome our new child into this world will not be legally driveable. I guess I will have to take my wife to the hospital on a bus or the hotrod race car in the garage... I wouldnt buy a used bicycle from these people. Just my 2 cents. My previous experience was with Mark Conrad before all this tags and title shennanigans. He was great to work with. Got me the car I wanted and at a price I could handle. Even worked with me on the trade without a problem, no haggling. Just agreed to the terms. Bought the car and was out the door in an hour or two. This was back in 2009. I was hoping I was able to work with him again but I did not see him there. Update: I dont know if this review the result of it but I recieved a call from Roberta and they picked up my tags and overnighted them immediately. I recieved them this morning 1/28/2015.

Roberta

Beachin29
1/14/2015

"Great Experience"

I have bought two vehicles from this dealership, a Tahoe and an Escalade. I bought both of my vehicles from Sam who provided me first class customer service and goes above and beyond for all of his customers. The dealership now offers free lifetime old changes and tire rotation which definitely saves you money when driving a large SUV. I recommend this dealership to all of my family members and friends who are looking to buy a new vehicle.

Clblount
5/23/2014

"Minivan Purchase"

Our family was ready to upgrade to a minivan, and after extensive research settled on a 2012 Caravan. Even though Bob Bell is a Chevy dealership they have a decent selection of used cars from other manufacturers. Patrick Bayles is a new employee at Bob, but he didn't hesitate to approach and offer assistance. I didn't feel pressure to look at anything else on the lot except what I came in for. After a test drive I already had a number in mind on what I considered to be a reasonable offer. When it came time to look at pricing I didn't feel the typical stress that comes with negotiations. The staff seemed to work together and didn't quarrel over sales like I had seen at other places. Since Patrick was new several of the other salesman would assist from time to time but didn't try and push anything and I liked that. When they brought back a worksheet with pricing I was a little shocked to see how low the initial write up was - it was only 300 off my number, and after some further discussion my request was granted and my price point was met. It didn't feel like haggling, it felt like casual conversation. I didn't feel any pressure to finance whatsoever, and I didn't have to sit through hours of warranty protection. From price to closing the sale was less than an hour. Since the dealership was nearly closed I was given a promise that some small issues would be wrapped up the next day and a good detail would be done in the morning. I realized that the van was only at a quarter tank of gas too, however as promised Patrick stayed on top of all the maintenance, detailing, and ensured I had a full tank. He asked me several times to make sure everything was how I wanted. I appreciate the level of professional service I received from the sales department. This is my second purchase from Bob Bell. I would look forward to doing business here again.

Patrick Bayles

Bob Bell Chevrolet of Bel Air responded to this review

May 23, 2014

Congrats on the purchase of your New Minivan! I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here with Patrick. He is a new hire and we are happy to hear that he was more than attentive to your needs. We appreciate the continued business and hope to see you and your family back again for another vehicle! Thanks, Tony Palumbo Sales Manager

clairebrown1095
4/20/2014

"Now a Bob Bell customer for life"

After having a negative experience at another Chevy dealership, I traveled down the road to Bob Bell. I had spoken on the phone with Allen and the service was great from that very first phone call. When I got to Bob Bell, Allen went over in detail the options on the Equinox that wasn't explained to me at the other dealership. The customer service alone was worth the trip to Bob Bell. The icing on the cake was the price on the vehicle. I am now a proud owner of a brand new Equinox LT and I couldn't be happier with my entire experience. Thank you Bob Bell.

Bob Bell Chevrolet of Bel Air responded to this review

April 21, 2014

Welcome to the Bob Bell Chevrolet Family! I am happy to hear that you had a great experience here with Allen. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and great pricing. We appreciate your business. I know you are going to enjoy your new Equinox for years to come. If there is anything you need, please let us know. Thanks, Tony Palumbo Sales Manager

Reviews of Sam  Walters