CarMax

CarMax Info
Dizzle_ash
8/16/2015

"Best experience "

I want to give a shot out to my sales representative Raul Dominguez from the Bakersfield Carmax. He was so patient and helpful for our first time car purchase. He helped us with every little question we had as we were scared to commit ourselfs. Our overall experience with Raul at Carmax was amazing. Would definitely come back.

Raul Dominguez

davsouth
7/07/2015

"Good experience buying 2011 Nissan Leaf"

CarMax had the best selection of used Nissan Leaf electric vehicles. You can select from all over the state of Florida and have them brought (as I did) to Gainesville. The car was in almost perfect mechanical condition (except alignment which was easily corrected) and I am very happy with it. The saleslady (Jess D) was great and very helpful. She was never pushy and let me take my time to get just the vehicle I wanted. There were no "hidden" charges and the financing process was excellent even though I had negative equity in the vehicle I traded in. For electric vehicles CarMax is the best (in my opinion) for buying as you have access to all their dealerships in Florida. For other types of vehicles their prices are generally a little higher than other dealers, but when they say the price is the price, they are truthful and don't try to add in other fees or services. I am very happy with my buying experience, and if I was to do it again, I would again go to CarMax for a Nissan Leaf. And hopefully would be able to deal with Jess D again.

Jess Dickinson

brentsweany
7/02/2015

"Expect to be lied to"

Great Sales experience, awful business experience. Expect to be lied to in the business office. If you meet with Tyler Sparks request someone else. CarMax will sell you a car that fails an inspection, offer you a refund on the fixes and then refuse to pay, saying they "don't do that."

Tyler Sparks

sarina8132
6/27/2015

"Great Experience"

Excellent service. Was ready to get out of my 8-seat SUV and get something smaller. I went in just to see what my car was worth and just to see what my options were..I was for sure they would low ball me on their offer but to my surprise, they offered me about what KBB said I should get.. Max was great and patient and found exactly the car I wanted at a different Car Max.. It was transferred here to the Merriam location within days. Went to finalize things and it was so easy. I don't have to do a thing..They take care of the DMV for you. This will be great seeing as going to the DMV is always a pain. What I love about CAR MAX is no dealing with used-car salesmen. NO hassle..No game playing. I did my research on prices of the car I wanted. I got a great deal. Newer car, less miles for less than what other dealers were asking. Got an amazing finance rate thru their financing.. Dealt with Nancy. She was great. Made the process simple. They also told me if I found a better rate in 3 days, i could call and they would switch it over. If I didn't like the car, I have 5 days to return it... Who offers stuff like that? That tells me, they are confident in their cars. Oh and the cars they have on their lot....top of the line. Beautiful cars. If you are not sure about what you want, go to CAR MAX. You will find it.

Max in Sales, Nancy in finance

csheridan
6/27/2015

"Appalling. "

The extremely short version: Every experience post sale has been horrifying. Within one month... would not turn on fifty percent of the time. Within two/three months... radiator gone. Within ten/eleven months... needs a whole new engine. The above does not include the excessive number of minor things that have been consistently malfunctioning since the purchase. POOR QUALITY. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. POOR COMMUNICATION (within the company). ZERO willingness to even look at the vehicle and begin taking steps to resolution. CORPORATE refered an extremely dissatisfiedcustomer BACK to the local dealerships. ADVISE: ANY and ALL dealerships are a better option than Carmax. Refrain from utilizing this establishment when looking to purchase a vehicle. If (or rather... WHEN) your newley purchased vehucle stops running correctly, Carmax is already disinterested in you as a customer; they have their sale, they have their monthly payments, you are no longer a concern to this company. Despite the lack of integrity (realized in hindsight) involved in getting you into the vehicle. Full disclosure is non-existant. A resolution for any future issues is non-existant. Do not do it. Learn from other people's mistakes with dealing with this company.

Negative- Gainesville: Jeffrey and Alex. Corporate: Jason and Jennifer. Orlando: Iglesias.

maria1952
6/22/2015

"best car dealer"

I bought my car at Carmax in Riverside, ca. Joe was great. I will go back and buy my cars at Carmax. Sales people are so friendly and no pressure. Thank you Joe your the best.

joe

carmax
6/13/2015

"Didn't have time for me"

I went into Carmax Colorado Springs shopping for either a Corvette or a Camaro. Idiot at the desk told me he could put my name on a list to meet with a sales associate, and they would call my cell phone when one became available "today or tomorrow." Lots of people in Carmax shirts standing around joking and smoking. I said no thanks, asked if I could just browse the lot. The guy just waved his had towards the door. I asked about Camaros, guy told me they had none. First thing I saw in their sports car aisle: two Camaros.

Don't know

Tara_kane
3/06/2015

"They only want high interest rate customers."

We did not accept their financing due to how high it was. Went directly through our bank with an acceptable rate. Called and let them know we had the financing available and were waiting for a van to be transferred. They never called us back. I called over a week later and they claim to have left me a voicemail that the van did not pass inspection and that they've never had that exact problem before and that I did not call them back so they assumed we found something else and they looked for another in that price point but were unable to find one. This cannot be true. Van was listed for 12. And that's what we would have paid. If we went through their financing we would have paid 17 over the 5-6 years. They want someone to pay that for the same vehicle we would have bought for 12. I will never drive to their dealership again.

Zack and Elizabeth.

madiscurt
2/17/2015

"Ripoff Artists"

I do not want to rant, but I do want to inform car shopping customers about this dealership because of how important of a purchase an automobile is. I went to Carmax in Lexington, KY to inquire about a beautiful 2011 Ford Taurus SHO. The salesman I dealt with was bad-mouthing a previous customer and other car lots to me, so I knew it was going to be an awful experience from the start; and what car lot does not offer you something to drink?! The car appeared to be in excellent shape; although I'm not 100% sure it was. Anyways, after conducting some research, I saw that the car was overpriced by about $1,000. What was worse was the trade-in offer they gave me for my 2011 Mercedes ML350 4MATIC with low miles; about $4,000 less than every other dealer. Their prices are "no haggle", which they act as if that is a good thing - it is NOT. After hearing the trade-in offer, I stood up, thanked the salesman, and told him that it was a beautiful car but I could find a better deal elsewhere. He said, "We win some and we lose some, no big deal," or something smug like that. A few days later, I found a beautiful 2013 Taurus SHO in a color I liked better at a MUCH better price and the dealership gave me a trade-in valued at $4,500 over what Carmax offered me. This car lot is known as Car Sales Express in Cincinnati, OH (I believe they are affiliated with King's Ford). The staff was wonderful (I did business with the manager Kody). I need to write a positive review for them under their dealership name. PLEASE do not let Carmax rip you off and treat you like a number! This car lot should not be in business.

John

ignitionmodule
2/05/2015

"Over priced."

I bought my first vehicle from Carmax in 2001 and I thought it was a very good experience. I have tried several times since and found it to be lacking in almost every aspect. The show room is run down and the sales team seems disinterested in the "one salesman per customer" concept. A manager even gave away half of my salesman's potential commission without explaining that that was what he was doing. In the end I did not buy their vehicle as it was missing features described in the description that were not spotted until after the transfer. In the end they did refund my transfer fee, which was the only positive incident through the experience. The same day I found the vehicle I was looking for with many more options, the same mileage, and priced about $4000 less than the equivalent Carmax vehicle. I will not likely shop there again.

Faheem