CarMax

CarMax Info
Spoogee
6/09/2016

"Bad dealership "

Bought a 2010 Chevy Malibu with the max care which cost me an extra $72 a month but was told over and over that it was worth it. Had the car a year and it started jerking and sputtering so I took it to Carmax and they told me they couldn't fix it and I would have to take it to a Chevy dealership. The warranty company wanted receipts for oil changes two weeks before I bought the car until the time my car tore up. The service guy at the Chevy dealership said that it was an underlying problem when I bought the car and Carmax had covered it up. Needless to say I didn't have $4000 to fix the car. Guy at Chevy told me that it wasn't the first time he's seen Carmax refuse to fix a car!

Keesha

Gtwrg605
4/16/2016

"Carmax Sold me a vehicle with a salvage title"

Carmax sold me a car with a Salvage Branded title. Beware future Carmax Customers. They didn't even know it was branded. I found out years after I bought it, now I can't sell it. Carmax is bouncing me around, hoping the situation will go away. Can't trust the Carmax brand unless they're willing to stand behind their product.

Willie

carguy3456
3/29/2016

"Don't waste your time at CarMax"

Both my wife and myself took our cars to carmax for appraisals, the associates where very professional although not sharp in appearance, After spending far to mush time while they supposedly evaluated our cars my wife's Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited they found was worth $6,000.00 what a joke she sold it for $ 11,000.00 two weeks later. the purchaser asked us to take it to Toyota for a check up. when we picked it up the sales man told us I wish I had known you where selling this car it is excellent I could have sold it for you in two days, My Honda Element was worth $1,200.00 LoL I sold it the next week for $3,000.00 It's amazing they actually stay in business. do not waste your time. Maybe they are ok if you are upside down with a car loan ? but I very much doubt it

available sales person its a company thing how they price i am sure

DvineDziner
3/23/2016

"Poor Management and Customer Care"

The car I own is a pretty good car mechanically but physical appearance is a mess!!!!! I'm almost 100% sure this car was wrecked and instead of them repairing it the professional way they cut corners and TOTALLY messed the paint job up!!! I took it back "hoping" to get some cooperation from them and all I received was its a used car..... ITS A 2015, how used can it be????!!!!! WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN NOR WILL I RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THEM!!! Very UNsatisfied customer!!

Mack Finney

No Way
3/02/2016

"No Way"

I went to Carmax with the intent to purchase my son's first car. We met with a salesman and took a test drive in the car we intended to purchase. The car seemed to be exactly what we were looking for. When I told the salesman that we were very interested but wanted to have the car looked at by our family mechanic the deal began to unravel. He stated that it was against company policy to allow an independent examination of a Carmax vehicle. He suggested that we buy the car and then have it looked at by my mechanic. Carmax lost a 21,000 dollar sale that night. We will not return. Ever.

Tony

Bouldin1
12/28/2015

"Lied to about my faulty purchase"

Bought a 2012 Infiniti m35 hybrid...total heating system went out in a week..Service person told me I cud choose another vehicle bc repair was 3k...Managers then renigged on the offer to give me another choice. Hybrids have a massive electrical system that can be costly to fix. CARMAX does not keep their word or have any business morals.

Lisa, Lashanda,Matt

ctuggle8691
12/09/2015

"they sold me a lemon."

I purchased my very first car with carmax on 12/05/2015. I saved up my money and purchased a 2006 Hyundai Tucson from the Lithia Springs location in GA. I was happy with the test drive & carfax as well as the vehicle. I couldn't believe I finally had a vehicle to get to and from work as well as to and from my son's school. 3 days later my excitement turned into terror as I was driving the truck on the highway and it started to slow down no matter how hard I pressed the gas. I put on my hazard lights and started to try to get off the highway but an elderly woman almost crashed into me despite this. The car continued to slow down and stop while I was pressing the gas pedal during my entire ride home. I was traumatized and angry. I immediately contacted carmax and was told to have the car towed in at which point I was presented with papers to sign giving them back the car. every other car on the lot was out of my price range and I was ineligible for a loaner car because I had given the car back and loaners are only for people who currently have a car with carmax. When I asked why no one explained this to me before, the saleswoman Connie told me she didn't know. The sales manager, Richard told me he would not help me get a loaner and that my only option was to spend more money on a whole new car which I had absolutely no money for. I found a car $1,000 more than the Tucson at the Southlake location and decided to go there to try and get it. After financing the car I was told my note would go up as well as my down payment. I had been telling them ALL DAY that I absolutely can not afford for anything to go up and they refused to offer any type of discount for all my troubles or to compensate me. I was frustrated and disappointed. Even after speaking with corporate I was told that carmax does not under any circumstance offer discounts of any kind. I asked for my money back and was told that they should've given it to me at the Lithia Springs location. They of course did not so not only was I out of a car I was out of my money. I can not get my money back until I get an off day from work to go all the way back to Lithia Springs for a refund. Through my correspondences with corporate I concluded that the sales people at carmax do not execute their jobs the way that they are supposed to and their focus is not on customer service. I was sold a car that shouldn't have been sold at all as it was unsafe to drive. I will get my money back and go to a real dealership next time.

Richard, Steve, Connie, Jason

My 3 Sons
11/18/2015

"No carmax for me"

I emailed carmax about a 2015 kia optima. After speaking with a salesman he tells me after asking for information that he needed 5000dn and 2 other cars that were in my name. Need I say they were 2009 flex and a 2015 Volkswagen passat. The 2015 passat is almost 2x worth more than the car I wanted. These people are insane. I will look elsewhere. Never again.

Jesse

Al
11/18/2015

"Trade in value"

These guys low ball trade in values. They appraised my truck at less than half what edmunds and kbb listed on their low ( poor quality ) range, even though truck is in better than avg condition. I was not impressed. Decided to sell my truck private and it sold in 5 days for 120% of Carmax appraisal.

Shaun

mustang
10/21/2015

"what a joke"

I went to sell my car and they offered me $5000 under trade in value. The reason I went was I heard the pay more. Plus it took 45 mins to be completely insulted by these clowns . I feel my 1 star rating is to high. Stay way!!!