Competition BMW of Smithtown

Competition BMW of Smithtown
Call
Competition BMW of Smithtown Info
About Competition BMW of Smithtown

Thank you for considering us for your automotive needs. We sell the exciting new BMW models, as well as a comprehensive array of used cars, trucks, crossovers and SUVs. Our courteous, experienced and professional staff is waiting to assist you. Browse the Competition BMW of Smithtown new and used car inventory online, submit any applicable forms, then come in for a test drive and talk with us about our fantastic car loan and lease options. You can also request more information about any of our new or used vehicles, auto parts, or auto repair and service, by using our contact form or by calling the number above. The Competition BMW of Smithtown Car Finder form is a convenient way to have us search for the vehicle you want. Submit it right now, and we will contact you when we find the vehicle you have described! Our new and used car dealership is located at 599 Middle Country Road. We have served customers across Long Island, Suffolk County and all over the greater St James area.

About Competition BMW of Smithtown

Sunday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

"My 2015 X3 experience"

In my experience at Competition, my client rep, Jason Phelps was a friendly, and very professional. First off, I have to say, I am not the normal person to write reviews but I have to say I had a extremely pleasant experience with Jason. I placed my order for the 2015 X3 over a month ago(had to wait for it to be built) and I had changed the options multiple times since I was indecisive. Every time I would email or call him, he would respond quickly and had a great attitude! He even replied after hours, now that is exceptional service! They gave me a great price from the beginning and never pressured me at all! I had other dealerships who were willing to match the price however, I decided to give the best dealership the my business since they gave me a price with no hassle or haggling. I would definitely recommend Jason and Competition.

"practically shop is closed an hour before closing hour"

Just left this dealership. Was going to buy an X-5 there, but, waited for an hour and no sales came to help. General manager couldn't even get anyone to help. We left for another dealership without any regret, just wasted an hour of time.

no encounter except the manager

"BMW M3"

William DeRosa – the car apparently is yours if you want it – see review below. I was the person who was going to buy the car! I had put a deposit on this vehicle almost a month ago, and now Chris (Pre-Owned manager) has decided to pull the deal one day before I was scheduled to pick it up because he didn't think it was going to be a "good fit". When I first came to see the car, it wasn’t even ready to be test driven, so I put a deposit on the car and placed a contingency of test driving the vehicle before purchase. Also there was a light on the dash indicating a TPMS issue (so Jonathan the new car sales manager stated) that could not be fixed, and I had to acknowledge this in writing. I asked for a receipt showing what the out-the-door price of the car was, and I was handed an invoice indicating the price along with other dealer fees. I was going on vacation the following week, and the salesperson was going the week after, so the earliest pickup could be was Labor Day weekend. I was ready to pick up after I returned from vacation, but the salesperson insisted on being present. I wrote the salesperson after she returned from her vacation and was informed the car could not be prepared in time for Labor Day Weekend, so it would have to be the weekend after. In the time I was waiting, I had done some research on the TPMS issue and found that this was an easy fix. So I called the dealership to have them take a look – it turned out it was a brake sensor light issue due to an aftermarket brake kit installed on the car (even thought it's written as a TPMS issue on my invoice). Again, I called on forum friends and other BMW EXPERTS if this was a fixable issue, and of course the answer was yes. So I called back to demand this be taken care of – and the response – was I going to pay for that. My thought was why would I pay for something that would be an easy fix for the dealer who was getting the car ready for sale? If this light was on and it's an easy fix, why didn't they just do it to begin with? Before picking up the car, I wanted a copy of the maintenance history that had been done on premise, a checklist showing what had been inspected on the car prior to purchase, and a paint micrometer handy to show if any work had been done, and a test drive. I don’t think those were unreasonable requests. Jonathan agreed. I went and got the check two days prior to pick up. The final straw came down to what I perceived to be hidden fees. I live in CT and was looking to buy the car in NY. The title transfer fee would be an additional $500 – something never mentioned in my original conversation nor was it noted on my invoice. This was in addition to the dealer fee and the optional dealer fee for processing titling paperwork. I asked if I could do this myself since I was paying cash and had to go to CT DMV for a different reason. A title transfer in CT is $25. Add some other DMV fees and it would amount to $75 give or take. I was told by Chris the car was not driveable off the lot without having this in place. I called NY DMV and and guess what they said – this is NOT A STATE LAW. I called CT DMV and guess what they said – Go to DMV for title transfer. I again went to the forums and and asked others who had bought their cars in NY who live in CT. Other people who purchased vehicles in NY were only charged CT fees – other responses I received before closing the thread were less kind. So is it my loss? Sure, as I’m sure the car will sell. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a better offer from Mr. DeRosa and were just looking for an excuse to back out. But there are plenty of fish in the ocean. Competition BMW – KNOW YOUR PRODUCT. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BMW EXPERTS. I’m the one figuring out how to fix your product – sorry if doing your homework for you offended you. And secondly – BE MORE TRANSPARENT with your customers – who is not going to complain about an additional $500 fee the day before pick up? Of course there’s going to be a lack of trust if what you say isn’t fixable actually is, and if last minute fees are sprung onto your customers.

"Used M3 "

After much initial confusion on whether this particular M3 was actually for sale , Jonathon Bottomley and Russell Caccace handled a difficult situation with dignity and elegance. Although I did not end up purchasing actual vehicle as it was actually sold to another party I appreciated the effort by this dealership to smooth over some misinformation. Although I purchased 2 3 series from Manhattan BMW few years back I highly doubt they would have taken the time nor made the effort this dealership did .

"Spoke with Jason last week to get a trade in value on my..."

Spoke with Jason last week to get a trade in value on my trade. He knew the history of my car and gave me a trade in over the phone to match other dealers. I travelled 45 minutes to the dealer today only to be told they can give me $2500 less for the trade than what he quoted over the phone. I don't appreciate wasting my time by a dealer that thinks they can be so misleading and insincere.

"I confidently purchased a certified pre owned 2009 X5 in..."

I confidently purchased a certified pre owned 2009 X5 in October of 2012. The truck had many problems which caused it to be serviced 8 times in the year that I had owned it. Six months into the purchase I realized that I could not rely on the vehicle so I asked the dealer to take the truck back and give me something I could rely on. The dealer offered me 25% less than what I paid to trade the truck in. Losing $10,000 in six months was appalling to me so I was then referred to Corporate. I was disappointed to find out that Corporate Customer Care was also horrendous. I ended up chasing my tail for weeks. Even at the Executive Corporate level, they couldn't explain why I was receiving terrible service and apologized that it occurred. Had this not been the case, I would still be a customer. The only one who is sorry now is me - that I put my faith in what i believed to be a reputable company - and wasted a lot of time and money. ALWAYS check Consumer Reports etc... before you purchase a used vehicle. Especially from BMW.

"What a great dealership. The service is impeccable. And..."

What a great dealership. The service is impeccable. And their pricing is great. Just purchased a car from them. Highly recommended! This is the 5th BMW I got from this dealership and I will not go anywhere else.

"visited this dealership in april 2013,my experience was..."

visited this dealership in april 2013,my experience was second to none.my sales rep was jason phelps,have never own a bmw and had many questions for which jason know the product and his recommendation,s were very helpful..i rate jason and competition bmw second to none and a rating of *TEN*.....thanx jason. john fierro

"Jeff, our sales rep was great from order to delivery to..."

Jeff, our sales rep was great from order to delivery to post delivery. James, our finance rep was so helpful. Parts and service responded quickly to our inquiry. Everything that we needed to have taken care of was addressed in a timely manner. There was none of the high pressure that we experienced at other dealers. Everyone was courteous, responsive, and respectful. It was and continues to be a great experience. This was Competition Subaru of Smithtown not BMW. Selection above keeps reverting to BMW?. We dealt with Competition Subar

Jeff and James and Evan

"Ordering process was a breeze. I was in and out of the..."

Ordering process was a breeze. I was in and out of the dealer fast. I went in knowing what I wanted. Doug did not pressure me into anything I didn't want or need. Helga (Finance Manager called me a few days before my pickup. She went over all the settings I wanted programmed in the car such as how the doors unlock, alarm chirping, pathway lights, etc. She was very friendly and never tried to push anything either. Pickup process- Picking up the car was also a breeze. Doug took me outside and spent a good 45 minutes to an hour showing me the details of the car. Car was in excellent condition. Doug was friendly and I never felt rushed. Signing the papers to get the car was just as easy. No pressure on me declining the additional packages and warranties unlike other dealers who spent 20 minutes after you decline. This dealer is so modern. I hardly had to fill out any paper work. Most stuff was electronically signed. I would highly recommend this dealer and Doug Monette

Helga Carroll