Coulter Nissan

Coulter Nissan
Call
Coulter Nissan Info
About Coulter Nissan

Coulter Nissan is proud to belong to the Coulter family of dealerships, selling and servicing cars, trucks and SUV’s in the valley since 1923. Whether its new or pre-owned in your future, you'll find what you're looking for at Coulter Nissan! Description As a West Valley Nissan Nissan dealer, Coulter Nissan provides you with high-performing Nissan vehicles designed to thrill and inspire you. Now located in Surprise, Arizona, we're also a leading Phoenix Nissan dealer. We have been serving the central Arizona area for over 40+ years including Avondale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Surprise. Our brand new state of the art facility is located at Loop 303 and Waddell.

About Coulter Nissan

Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

"VERY VERY HAPPY"

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP. THEY WERE GREAT. I BOUGHT A 2011 CHEVY IMPALA. I WAS JUST IN A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT AND TOTALED BY CAR. WHEN MY MOM AND DAD WENT TO LOOK AT THE CAR THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH IT WAS THE TIRES. IT MADE THE CAR SHAKE.. SO MY DAD ASKED IF THEY COULD PUT DIFFERENT TIRES AND THEY NOT ONLY PUT TIRES BUT THEY WERE BRAND NEW.. TO MAKE MY DRIVING EXPERIENCE GOOD AGAIN. THEY ALSO SENT SOMEONE OUT TO REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD BECAUSE IT HAS A FEW CRACKS... GREAT PEOPLE AND PLACE...

MIGUEL AVILA

"Unprofessional behaviour during Used car purchase"

I am in the market for a used electric car on a fixed budget of $16K. I exchanged emails with Dealer's Internet Director Molly ref their 2011 Leaf and my limited budget. I was told they are open to negotiation and have a summer clearance event. At their request on September 5, 2014, I drove over 50 miles to visit and test drove the Leaf. When discussing final price, etc with the Sales Rep I asked if this used car came with two Smart keys and was promised by the Sales Rep (Miguel Avila) that if not, they would provide the second key at no cost to me. Following further negotiation with Sales Rep and Shift Sales Manager Richard Lazo I received their best offer which was above what I had communicated to their Sales Director Molly. Anyway, after discussing with my wife that night,, I agreed on the higher price as long as a window tint was also provided. They agreed to do do so. Upon my second visit to sign the "papers", I was told that the promised second key would cost extra. Their shift Manager Scott was completely disinterested in the promise made by his staff and was the stereotypical Sales person that we all abhor - condescending and disinterested in his customer. I wont be buying from Coulter ever.

September 09, 2014

I would like to start off by apologizing for the lack of professionalism you feel we had with your transaction here at Coulter Nissan. We try to do our best with every customer to make them feel like they are part of our family. As I told you today when we spoke I deeply apologize and will be happy to honor the numbers you were last quoted including the spare key. We price our cars very aggressively online and I am confident our pricing is second to none. Please contact me directly with anything on this matter at 623-934-3444. Thank you. Sincerely, Rich DeJesus General Sales Manager Coulter Nissan

"Awesome Dealership, would highly recommend to everyone"

My name is Rudy and I live in Cocoa, Florida. I purchased a set of brake pads for my son's 2001 Nissan Maxima and when I got them I discovered that Nissan had switched rear brake calipers in mid 2001. So my Maxima carried 2000 rear calipers. I called Brad Martin and he immediately checked my VIN, then he ordered the 2000 model brake pads. The pads came in the next day, Brad sent me a photo comparing the old and new pads, then I confirmed that my Maxima carried the older pads. Brad then immediately shipped the 2000 model pads to me, trusted me to send him back the 2001 pads, and I put on the correct pads this past weekend. That is the best customer service I've ever had. Brad Martin is hands down the most courteous and effective representative of this dealership. This experience makes me want to do all my car dealings with Coulter Nissan. I wish that I lived in Surprise Arizona, I would buy and service all my cars at this dealership. I highly recommend Brad Martin to all Nissan owners and buyers, over and over again. This is my experience, and I stand by my recommendations. Sincerely, Rudy I.Khan

Brad Martin

"I drove almost an hour and a half to see a used Madza..."

I drove almost an hour and a half to see a used Madza Miata. When I called to set up the appointment and I made it clear that I was only interested in that car and asked Molly to be sure to call me if the car was not going to be available. When I got there the salesman (Mohammed) asked for all my contact information for the computer system then took me in the golf cart to see the car. Along the way he stopped to try to et me to look at several other cars which I had no interest in seeing. Only then did he tell me the Miata had been sent to the body shop for some touch up and would not be available till sometime next week. The trip to Coulter Nissan was a complete waste of time. They knew when Molly called the day before to confirm the appointment that the car was not going to be available. They have no regard for the customer and a shady way of doing business. I'm not convinced they ever had the car and weren't running a bsit and switch. Definitely undependible and I will never go there again!!!!!!!

Mohammed, and a sales manager whose name I don't remember

March 28, 2014

Hi, Stephanie. This is Rich DeJesus the General Sales Manager at Coulter Nissan. I know we just spoke on the phone but I would like to apologize again for the misunderstanding. We value our customers and would never do anything to mislead a customer intentionally. The Miata is having a bumper replaced at a shop away from our store because there were some deep scratches in the bumper. Our internet department wasn't aware of this and I truly apologize. When the car is done we would be happy to bring the car to you at your convenience. Sorry for the bad experience and I hope to speak with you again soon and have a chance to earn your business.

"I took my 2013 Nissan Titan PRO4X in for warranty work. ..."

I took my 2013 Nissan Titan PRO4X in for warranty work. I understand not being able to duplicate the issue on demand made it difficult to repair but when they decided to replace my wire harness as a maybe and I was concerned. The wire harness did not fix the problem but they damaged the passenger seat and headliner and stripped the skid plate screws. I had to take the truck to another Nissan dealership where they were amazed that someone let alone aNissan dealer had caused such careless damage. I had attempted to have the service manager remedy the problems but he seemed like I was wasting his time when I spoke to him. I would tell anyone to stay away from the service department at Coulter Nissan.

Mike Ellis

"I just purchased a new car at Coulter Nissan and this was..."

I just purchased a new car at Coulter Nissan and this was by far the best and least stressful car buying experience ever. My salesman was very friendly and helpful, the ladies in the finance department were equally friendly, and even the guy behind the "magic wall" is awesome. There wasn't any pressure applied like there is at other dealerships, just the facts and an overwhelming pleasant experience. I would recommend Coulter 100% to anybody who's in the market for a car. Not only will I take my car there for service, but they'll get the first look the next time I'm in the market for another vehicle.

Len (salesman), Amber & Diana (finance)

"Once again I am more than pleased with Coulter..."

Once again I am more than pleased with Coulter Nissan's sales staff , finance mgrs. and everyone . I purchased a New Nissan Rogue first part of September they had lots of rebate and Coulter markdowns thus making my deal possible due to a almost new trade in ! I really enjoy dealing with Coulter Nissan because of there low key approach , prices are always honest and very fair probably within a grand of the best deal price right from the start! On this purchase the original price of there car was the low internet price right up front no haggle , then my trade in was very close to KBB trade in value , with some haggling we struck a good deal . The finance manager saved me even more money by pro rating my tags on my trade in thus financing less up front . Even the back lot guy was great that prepped the vehicle for delivery (Was Raining ) He tried hard to have the car spotless for delivery . I would and do recommend this dealership often because of their honesty and integrity in dealing with their customers . On that note I called parts department just the other day to get some parts for flood lights , they took the extra time to research and find out I did not need any additional parts ! Once again great Dealership , great personnel , great prices and great service !

Carla Pelayo , James Copley

"My experience with this dealership was less than..."

My experience with this dealership was less than favorable. First of all, I took the time to drive up to the dealership from Tucson expecting to make a deal on a Toyota Tacoma truck that I had taken the time to research on the internet. I was called two or three times by the dealership after sending an email to them via an online posting. So I was excited about going up to Surprise, purchasing this truck and driving home in a new vehicle. The truck appeared to have most of the items that I was looking for in a vehicle. I took a test drive and after consulting with my wife, we agreed that this truck would meet our needs. We then spoke to Saul who was very gracious salesman and we proceeded to inquire about the total cost of the vehicle. We discussed the price and at that point he brought Mr. Richard Lazo to negotiate. Richard refused to make any initial offer. He then insulted us by offering $2000.00 as a trade-in for our Ford F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab. We bought our truck directly from Jim Click Ford in Tucson and it had low mileage and we were given a clean Carfax report. We have taken extremely good care of this truck and according to Kelly Blue Book, we could sell this truck for about $7,000. The trade-in value was $4,300! Richard further alleged that the truck odometer had been rolled back. We were extremely surprised and insulted that he would insinuate this. We have always taken our truck to the dealership for service and repair and we have never had any type of issues. We informed Richard that we were not going to trade in our truck, and we were fully prepared to negotiate a deal and he would not consider our offer. He informed us that Kelly Blue Book priced the new vehicle for about $22,000 and would not consider anything less than $19,997. We continued to discuss with Richard for almost two hours, that we were wanting to purchase the truck and wanted our price to be no more than $20,000 "out the door". Now, I fully understand that Coulter Nissan is in the car business, but I also understand that we should be able to negotiate a better price. As Richard kept bringing the Kelly BB price to our attention for the new truck, we brought up the Kelly BB value for our truck. It is ironic that one value is regarded as being set in stone, but the same reporting agency is dismissed when giving another value for something else. It was also extremely uncomfortable that in this establishment, the sales people have private discussion in an open environment. During the time that we were there, we were able to hear personal financial information and private discussions in the cubes right next to us. A total of about 6 customers apparently either were not approved or Mr. Lazo was unable (or unwilling) to negotiate deals, so they all walked out. The final offer that was made to us by Richard was approx. $21,000. We offered him an even $20,000 "out the door" and he adamantly refused to negotiate the difference. We were fully prepared to make a good and solid down payment in cash and having a very good credit score, we were already pre-approved for an auto loan. We were also looking forward to driving the vehicle home that night. Unfortunately, by Richard refusing any offers, we did not even get to those details. Therefore, Coulter Nissan lost a sale that afternoon and a potential return customer. We certainly will share our thoughts and experience with our family and friends, so when they are in the market for a vehicle, Coulter Nissan is not on their list.

September 05, 2013

First, let me apologize if the experience was less than favorable, it certainly was not our intention that this develop into a stressful situation for you. We had the vehicle in question a 2013 Toyota Tacoma with only, 8,303 miles priced online at $19,977. We have an online tool that we use to price our used vehicles as do most stores these days. It allows us to see our vehicle compared to all like vehicles within a specific mileage range and it ranks all the vehicles by price and price/miles. We had priced the toyota very aggressively using that tool, in fact within a 500 mile radius there were 10 like vehicles, three of which had been very recently sold. Our vehicle, the one you were interested in, was the lowest price and lowest price to miles of the 10 vehicles within the 500 mile radius. That is why our sales mgr. Richard Lazo was very confident that our online price was more than fair, we knew exactly what the market was for 500 miles. You didn't mention in your review that we did discount the vehicle an additional $1044 off of our online price. I'm sorry that you felt that wasn't a big enough discount. It is our belief that most consumers don't like or feel comfortable in a negotiating battle to try to buy a vehicle. We try to price our vehicles very competitively, and we also realize that the majority of consumers shop aggressively online before they make the decision to purchase and are aware of what is a good price. Whenever we can we try to beat the market like we had done on the Toyota and bring our pricing in lower than all our competitors. It was not an accident that our Toyota was priced less than the other 9 like vehicles listed online. By doing so we think it eliminates a lot of the stressful negotiating for the consumer just to get a fair deal. I wish we had done a better job of expaining why it was priced where it was and with the additional $1044 discount we offered you it was really a great opportunity for you. Last note, it wasn't Mr. Lazo's intention to insult you about your Ford truck trade in. Despite your care and concern for the vehicle it does have a "possible odometer rollback" listed online on CarFAx for all the world to see. That is why we wern't really interested in your vehicle, we could never offer it for resale with an open issue like potential odometor rollback. If you feel it was reported in error and have documented proof that the mileage is actual you can contact CarFax and request that is be removed. If you would like printed copies of anything I have referenced in this letter, the offer of an additonal $1044 discount, the CarFax with the "possible Odometor rollback" or the comparison to all other 2013 Toyota Tacoma's within a 500 mile radius, please let us know either by email or a phone call and we will send you the documentation right away. Sincerely Terry Lee General Manager, Coulter Nissan

"My name is Vincent and I work out of town 2 weeks a month..."

My name is Vincent and I work out of town 2 weeks a month and I need a new car. So I contact Ashley Butler via the Internet sales and she was a great help . We did most of the sale via email, the price she quoted me thru the Internet was the exact price I paid when I was able to make it to the dealership. This was the best experience I ever had buying a car and I have bought more then my fare share of cars . So in closing if you are interested in buying a Nissan I highly recommended Coulter NIssan.

Ashley butler

September 04, 2013

Thank you for the 5 Star review and for referring Coulter Nissan. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Sincerely, Coulter Nissan

"We drove over an hour, each way, to buy a car from..."

We drove over an hour, each way, to buy a car from Coulter Nissan and I don't regret one minute. The pricing they quote is absolutely what they sell for. While I couldn't get an exact "out the door" price over the phone or e-mail, I was promised the only additional costs would be the $399 doc fee, taxes, tag and title - and that's exactly how it was. All the dealers charge a doc. fee (some much higher) and the rest was exactly just what the government requires. You can easily add it up yourself to know what to expect. And Alyssa, my patient and pleasant internet sales manager, did give me a ballpark percent estimate which was pretty darn close to the actual outcome. When we arrived, we briefly met but didn't work with my internet sales manager. Instead we were introduced to Miguel, who showed me the car we were interested in, took us for a test drive, and pointed out the important features. He showed me the details of the sales numbers, got some more information from me, had me sign some papers and we wrapped up his part quickly and easily. No push for a more expensive model, no hard sale for upgrades or extras - no pressure at all. He understood what we wanted and left it at that. The extra was pleasant small talk while we waited for a finance person to become available. Next was Ryan for financing. The financing department also provides the extended warranty information and sales. Ryan went over those options, thoughtfully pointing out the parts he felt most valuable, and left it up to us to decide to buy or not. It wasn't as expensive as I'd remembered from previous car purchases, but I decided to decline. Ryan graciously accepted our answer and moved on - no warnings of certain financial doom, or chastising for being so "foolish." The actual financing part was trivial (I used the online application before we went in), our credit is decent so standard rates from NMAC and no extra fees or charges, just sign a couple of papers. And that was it. About two hours total - including the test drive, a tour of the shop and some brief waits here and there. I have never had such a pleasant end-to-end car purchase. No hard sell, no games, no tricky wording, no lies, no salesman “Jedi mind tricks." They've got a class act team and an exceptional way of doing business. I will tell everyone who will listen.

Alyssa Luistig, Miguel Avila, Ryan Coulter

June 12, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for your raving compliments of our staff. It was certainly a pleasure doing business with you and we sure hope we have made you a Coulter fan for life! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Coulter Nissan Management

Mollie Arnold