DARCARS Toyota of Baltimore

Adula Carr

Sales & Leasing Consultant
4.2

June 02, 2017

""WELL DID YOU GET THAT IN WRITING!?" - manager at DARCARS"

- JJL0924

Bought my brand new 2017 Camry from here 2 months ago. I got a chip of paint taken out of my hood after the purchase. I had brought my car in for an unrelated reason and had asked the salesman how much it would cost to fix this little chip. I asked because I had a great experience with this person and he kept insisting that he would "take care of me". I was expecting it to cost a hundred or so, its not that big but he said its not that big and he would "take care of me" and they could fix that for free. "it was no big deal" he said. I called in last night and had a conversation with a new manager (not the one I dealt with for my purchase apparently he has left) and he got pretty heated with me over the phone asking why I expected them to fix something for free that wasn't there fault? I was a bit taken back (both by what he was saying and the tone he was using to me) and explained to him that I expected nothing but was told it was a minor fix and since I just spent 20K+ at their establishment that they would fix this for free. He rudely interrupted me with a loud "WHO TOLD YOU THIS!?" When I told him he then proceeded to call me a LIAR and the conversation ended with him repeating the same UNBELIEVABLE sentence over and over again "WELL DID YOU GET IT IN WRITING!?!?!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Its like they he was trying to come off as shady and untrustworthy! I do not blame the salesman. Maybe I'm being naïve but I honestly believe he wanted to help. Maybe he overstepped in saying they could fix my issue for free I don't know. I honestly wasn't expecting free but hoped for a cheaper fix since I just spent so much money at there business. But to be treated like that from a manager that I have never met before. Its unbelievable. I wish I had recorded the conversation. Long story short the new manager was practically yelling at me over the phone "WELL DID YOU GET THAT IN WRITING!?" If that isn't textbook shady business I don't know what is.

New manager. Not sure about his name

March 30, 2017

"Appalling--avoid"

- rachelb

My husband and I have had an absolutely APPALLING experience with this god-awful dealership. I urge you—for the love of all things holy—go anywhere else for your car needs. Anywhere at all. We found a Toyota on their website that we wanted to buy. We phoned Darcars and spoke to Adula, who told us they had the car and we could come the next day at 10 to try it out. We got there around 10:20—no Adula. Apparently he just hadn’t shown up yet, so we waited and waited. When he finally got there, we learned that the car wasn’t even on the lot—it was at the Silver Spring location. Even though they told us it was there. Here’s the thing with the salespeople here—they just lie through their teeth to you. We were annoyed, but agreed to fill out all the paperwork there in Baltimore, and then Adula would drive us to Silver Spring, where our car would be ready and waiting to go. Apparently the manager, Eric, had called ahead and sorted it all out. Of course when we got to Silver Spring, the car was nowhere to be found. Seems Eric had lied to us about calling them, because the car was not only seven cars back but had a dead frigging battery, and Darcars Silver Spring didn’t know anything about it. We waited several MORE hours here, reaching such a point of irritation that the manager in Silver Spring gave us his own car and $40 to go get lunch. In all, it took over five hours for us to purchase our car. But it didn’t end there. To make up for their appalling, unprofessional, unacceptable service, Darcars Baltimore offered us free car washes and gas refills. Plural. I took the car once to get the gas refill, which took about half an hour. After that, they refused to fill it again. Yesterday, we took the car to get our free car wash and to pick up our permanent registration and plates. It took them over half an hour to wash just the outside of the car. When my husband inquired, they told him to “be patient, man” and that it would be another 15 minutes to wash the inside. We told them to forget it and left. Turns out they hadn’t bothered to put our old license plates back in the car—which we needed to return to the DMV—and when we called to ask where they were, we were told we had to drive the half hour back and pick them up ourselves. Couldn’t they mail them, we asked, since it was entirely their error? No, of course not. So here we are, having to drive a half hour back to this inept, sorry excuse for a dealership, all to fix yet another of their mistakes. We will NEVER return to this place and unless you’re a total masochist don’t set foot near it.

Erick Caballero
Adula Carr

March 02, 2017

"Thank you for placing me in a new SUV"

- Courtcourt

You are the most wonderful person in the world ! Thank you for getting me into a brand new RAV4. I love it ! Thanks you so much

Waverly Chambers