Don Mealey Chevrolet

Makes: Chevrolet|Service Center

Don Mealey Chevrolet
Don Mealey Chevrolet Info
About Don Mealey Chevrolet

Welcome to Don Mealey Chevrolet, your Orlando Chevrolet dealership located in Clermont, Florida. If you are in the market for a new or used car, truck, or SUV, we are the dealership for you. Our friendly and professional staff is here to help you find the right car in a hassle-free manner. We want you to keep coming back to our Clermont Chevrolet, so we put extra emphasis on customer satisfaction. If you live around Orlando, you will want to come in and check out our great selection of the newest and most popular Chevy vehicles out there like the Cruze, Silverado, and Camaro. At DM Chevrolet, we are proud to be your South Florida Chevrolet dealership.

About Don Mealey Chevrolet

Wednesday 9:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Thursday 9:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 AM

Sunday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

"Excellent Service"

On May 4, 2014 I purchased my new 2014 Chevy Silverado and I must say that this was my best car shopping experience ever. I reluctantly needed to purchase a truck and was hesitant to trade in a car I loved. After a long painful day of truck shopping I decided to make one last stop at Don Mealey Chevrolet where I was greeted by James Lee. James approached me, listened to my needs and wants, made me feel comfortable without being pushy and showed me several truck options. James was very informative, answered all my questions, was patient and worked very hard to get me the payments I wanted. This was a refreshing experiencing as nowadays, it commonly seen that car salesmen just don’t care enough and their only objective is to get money out of your wallet. But, a salesman like James delivered an incredible service and provided a very pleasant experience. I will definitely be coming back to Don Mealey for my next purchase. Thank you!

James Lee

"Several issues I have had: 1) I told them I was a time..."

Several issues I have had: 1) I told them I was a time crunch and I had contacted them several days before arriving and told them I was going to be in time crunch. I was handed of from person I was deealing with-who was not with a customer- to James who knew nothing about me. 2)During test drive I was told about maintenace package and other items that would be included if I got equinox and right now I have no way of redeeming since he did not gie me any paperwork explaining how to redeem. 3) I had to negotiate for over 90 minutes for price that was reasonable. The reason this is so galling is that I had told him that this was very reason that I was not going back to the GM dealership that I had previously bought from. I came in with information I needed and he still started $100 more per month than reasonable. He also tacked on an additional $2.50 per month to agreed upon amount. This is absurd since the last negotiation was literally over $5 per month which I finally relented on. 4) The financing took another hour plus and caused me to be late to where I was going after. I did consider walking in middle of this time but thought that since I had made my schedule known prior to arrival they would not make me later than needed. 5) After leaving and realizing some of issues I have emailed James, and two other employees only to get no feedback except " I will look into it". 6) recieved postcard in mail stating I owe them more money since they made a mistake on paperwork. I read these reviews and maybe my mistake was not to ask for one of the other salesman. Overall though this experience has soured me not just on Don Mealey but all of GM because I have bought 5 cars in my life and the only two bad ones are at GM dealerships.

James Bellows

Don Mealey Chevrolet responded to this review

April 16, 2014

Tim, In response to your review, I can only say that I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. The fact that we dissapointed you is cause for great concern, not only for me, but the entire staff here at Don Mealey Chevrolet. Our desire to meet the expectations of our customers and to create an enjoyable experience is written on everything we do. Once again I apologize. My name is Jere Plumley and my number is 352-394-6176 ext. 1265. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

"I always receive great service from Don Mealey Chevrolet...."

I always receive great service from Don Mealey Chevrolet. Their staff is always friendly and professional. Their technicians seem well experienced in their abilities to diagnose and repair. The staff and technicians will take the time to listen to my observed symptoms with sincerity. In my opinion, they are second to none in the Orlando area based on my experiences with other dealership service centers and other brand name shops in the area. Their prices are also very competitive even with non-dealership shops. They quoted me over $1,000 less on a break job than a non-dealership shop who claims to be cheaper than anyone else. On any given day while at the shop, I see numerous Corvette's, Camaro's, trucks, and a variety of other vehicles of different makes and models being serviced.

"I have been going to the service department at Don Mealey..."

I have been going to the service department at Don Mealey for awhile now and Ricky Jordan has always been outstanding in his service to me. Ricky is very friendly and will greet me immediately when he sees me pull into the service area. He listens to what I have to say about the vehicle and will thoroughly explain what repairs need to be done. Ricky will also work diligently to get me the best price on parts needed and gets the repairs done in a reasonable amount of time. I always make sure to ask for Ricky when I take the vehicle in as I know I will get the best service possible.

Ricky Jordan

"I appreciate the attention given as a result of being a..."

I appreciate the attention given as a result of being a long-time customer of the service department of Don Mealey Chevrolet Clermont. The employees I normally deal with (Jerry Merriman and Eva) and always respecful, friendly and efficient. I also value the convenience of the shuttle service provided to and from my home and the benefits of the customer lounge when I wait on my car.

"We took our Pontiac to Don Mealy because they're the..."

We took our Pontiac to Don Mealy because they're the closest GM dealer. Our Pontiac was recalled. We took it in and they needed to evaluate it. We were called in about an hour and they replied that a part must be ordered. They promised to call us as soon as it arrived. Well, in a week we hadn't heard from them and decided that we'd better call. The person that took the call said that they didn't phone because their computer does not call cells. My wife said that we were in the book and this employee's response was " that would take some brains and effort ". We made an appointment for the next day and delivered the car around 1:00. We told them we were there because of a recall. In about an hour we were called by another employee and he said they had done the evaluation and they needed to order the part. I just about jumped through the phone. He came back a couple of minute later and said it would be done in a couple of hours. When my wife signed to pick it up, she said the lady behind the desk was completely unfriendly and bordered on being rude. This used to be Bill Siedell Chevy and they had a horrible service department. I thought since the owner was changed, maybe the service had changed. Apparently not.

Ricky

"I came looking for a car to replace my totaled car. You..."

I came looking for a car to replace my totaled car. You didn't seem to have anything that interested me. But bob didn't give up. He looked in his new arrivals and found the perfect car for us. He stayed late and even watched my grand daughter while we did the paperwork. Great job Bob. Sorry I can't remember all the names of the people that helped me that night, but everyone stayed late to help me buy that mini van. I don't believe you made that much profit from my sale. But you all treated me like I just bought the most expensive car on the lot.

"Knowing the credit I had, and The situation I was in with..."

Knowing the credit I had, and The situation I was in with a previous vehilce I had, I didnt believe I was capabile in getting into the car I wanted. But after seeing a commercial on TV about The memorial Day sale (I negelected to read the small print) I went into Don Mealey Chevy with nothing But hope. I worked With Ben Whittman, who worked his magic, in getting the car I wanted with a price I could afford. It was a great experience working with every one.

"I never bought a car online before, but my experience..."

I never bought a car online before, but my experience with Sales person Rodney Allen made it great. His communication through email and follow up with any questions that I had about the car were great. Rodney also took his time to ensure I knew everything I needed to know about my Cadillac before I bought it. I definitely would buy a car from Rodney again, because his geniune interest in making the customer happy is A+ in my book.

"I went to the dealership just to look and was not..."

I went to the dealership just to look and was not interested in buying a car. I looked at other dealerships and test drove other cars. Biker bob did not act like the typical car salesman. He talked to me like we weren't doing business. I test drove two cars. Same make and model but different years. I ended up buying the second car I test drove that day thanks to the help of biker bob. I would Deffinitely recommend him to every or that is wanting to buy a new car. I told one of my coworkers to come see him on her day off because she is interested in buying a car.

Jason Butera