Doug's Hyundai

Ford Hyundai of Kirkland

Brian Hovis
12/08/2014

"Excellent Buying Experience"

We had an excellent experience buying from Doug's Hyundai. Larry Peden was very helpful throughout the entire process and went above and beyond in locating the perfect car for us at the right price. He was great to work with as well as everyone else at the dealership. The process was very straight forward with no pressure in any regard. We would highly recommend Larry as well as Doug's Hyundai as a whole!

jewelje
11/24/2014

"Great Experience"

After a bad experience at Everett of Hyundai, I decided to Google different locations and found that Doug’s Hyundai had the make and model of what we were looking for. My boyfriend and I didn’t need a new car, we wanted one for our growing family, so we decided to go look at the car and see if the numbers would be what we were looking for. Since our previous experience with the Everett dealer was less than satisfactory we weren’t expecting to walk away with what we were looking at. Upon arrival we were greeted by Larry Peden, who opened the door and asked what brought us to their location. We advised we saw the 2011 Hyundai Tucson online and were interested in looking at it. He immediately told us to get comfortable while he drove the car around. Once we were looking at the car, he was knowledgeable, friendly and not pushy. He asked if would like to test drive it and even let us do the test drive without him in the car. Upon returning from our test drive, he asked if we would like to look at the numbers. At no time did he push us to buy, he let us discuss our options or decision without hovering or being at the table and he gave us a fair trade in value and price on the car. All in all we were extremely happy with the dealership and especially our sales person. We don’t buy cars all the time, but the next one we do will be at Doug’s because of our experience. We will definitely recommend Doug’s and Larry to my friends and family for we are extremely happy with our purchase and the experience we had during the buying process.

nshea64
11/06/2014

"A lesson in Used Car buying"

I went to Doug's as a first-time car buyer and was generally very wary of the whole process. But the salespeople were very welcoming at first and did not seem very pushy...I came in with a car in mind, and I was able to test drive it and take a look at it right away. My first red flag should have went up when my sales person tried to borderline trick me into signing off on the car as is, before the bargaining process had even started. Vila initially came across as very nice, but it was kind of disconcerting when she tried to get me to sign off on the car while I was in a flustered state. After doing my best with the bargaining process and still not feeling as though I was getting a fair deal, used car manager Kyu came in to finish the deal over Vila's incompetency and threw in a couple of "We Owe" measures that sweetened the deal enough for me to sign off on. The problems truly started when I went to cash in on my "We Owe" for a timing belt and water pump fix. I have to preface this by saying everyone in the service department has been great to deal with for the most part and that there is clearly a disconnect between the service and sales department here. After getting my timing belt replaced, I realized my car was heavily vibrating whenever I was in idle, something that was most definitely not happening before hand. I've had the car for less than 2 months at this point and was not expecting to have to commit to major fixes this early on in the game. Doug's claimed that the vibrating was unrelated to the belt fix and I would be paying out of pocket for the fix (Even after opting for the alleged "Gold" protection plan, which happened to be sneaked in at the end of the paper-signing process). I then had what is the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life when talking to Kyu. His only responses to me were "Everything was in the contract" and "Ok". This is extremely frustrating when you are dealing with one of the largest investments you can make in your life. He ended up offering me a "discount" on the fix. I use quotes in this case because this "discount' was quickly overridden by a much better offer straight out of the service department. Again, I'm sensing a disconnect between departments. I never asked anyone to jump over the moon for me, I simply expected to be treated fairly and with courtesy. I have to say Kyu and Vila and most likely the rest of the sales team here should probably take a class or two on customer service. Kyu is as backhanded as they come and could clearly care less about me as a customer because I had already signed my life away on the paperwork. Although I thought I came armed with a decent amount of car knowledge, it became increasingly clear that no one at Doug's was going to go out of their way to tell me everything I should know about the vehicle. Slimy salespeople at their finest. So although my experience at Doug's was mixed, I cannot recommend shopping here solely on the basis of having to deal with some of the personalities on the sales and management teams. It's just not worth it. I often wondered how these people sleep at night given the two-faced nature of their profession, but I now realize they probably sleep soundly on a pillow stuffed with my hard earned cash.

Vila Lind, Kyu Yoo

woodburne
10/28/2014

"Very knowledgeable and helpful"

I didn't think i would buy a Hyundai, but after seeing and driving the Sonata, i was so impressed that i purchased it that day. Thanks for your help.

Kari Byrd
10/28/2014

"Vila Lind & Doug's Hyundai Lynnwood, WA."

I was recently referred to Vila Lind - Internet Manager at Doug's Hyundai Lynnwood, by a close family friend. Vila and her team were fantastic! My interest rate started off fairly high due to lack of credit in general, as well as being self employed.. ( always fun to prove your income to the banks.. ) but Doug's finance team worked their magic, and saved me $1,000's in financing fees, by getting my rate down by 61% over a 2 day period.. This was the clincher for me in bumping up to a "Fancier Car"( 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0 Premium Turbo w/only 7,950 miles to be exact ), and was still able to afford my payments. I was treated with kindness, respect, and would purchase a car from Vila Lind, and Doug's L:ynnwood Hyundai in a heartbeat. Long review short... I LOVE MY NEW CAR, and so does my 16 y/o. Thanks again Vila :O)

Vila Lind

brooke.a.berentson
10/15/2014

"Larry is the man"

The experience started off very welcoming. The entire experience was pruned to exactly what I was looking for in ways of car, pricing, payments. I didn't feel pressured to buy, but more like having a layout of options available.

erin.loeffler
10/03/2014

"Great experience at Doug's Hyundai"

Great experience at Doug's Hyundai in Lynnwood. Larry P. was very knowledgeable about the Accent I bought and helped me though the buying process. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Very happy with my new car and the service at Doug's.

nickishinn
10/01/2014

"Larry made our car-buying experience super easy!!!"

Larry helped my husband and I find a great used car for our 19 yr old daughter. He was very nice and sweet to help us, considering the car we were interested was older and very inexpensive compared to the other cars on the lot. He helped us out with the price, so that my daughter could afford her car payments. She felt comfortable with speaking and dealing with him (we kind of sat in the background, and let them do all the work ;) We have had the car for a month now, and my daughter absolutely loves it. Larry made the process very simple and painless... and we would definitely give him a call when I am out of nursing school, and ready for a new car of my own. Thanks again Larry!!! You're pretty awesome!

jensbodal
9/22/2014

"Great experience buying from Leonardo at Doug's Hyundai"

I spent my entire Sunday between Doug's Mazda and Doug's Hyundai, I even was bought both lunch and dinner while I spent time finding out which car I wanted to leave with. Leonardo was incredibly helpful; I test drove 3-4 cars, then was given a fantastic lease offer on a 2015 Sonata which they allowed me to put on hold while I left and test drove cars at the Mazda dealership and elsewhere. Ultimately I came back to the Hyundai dealership and traded in my Volvo S40 for a leased 2015 Sonata. My monthly payment is only $8 more per month, and I have a brand new car. Very happy with the experience and would definitely recommend talking with Leonardo here -- thanks!

Leonardo

MokiMe
9/19/2014

"New car and new dealership."

Larry!! Wow! He really worked hard to bring me a deal for the money I had... I had been to several lots and a few dealers. My money was limited and I, really, just stopped into this store - feeling kind of wistful that I wouldn't have a Hyundai anymore. But then there was Larry - so kind, funny, patient and considerate. All the things I don't expect in a car salesperson. When he found a car that would work - I actually wept - it was such a relief and surprise. I LOVE my car and my new dealership. Yay! (Also - Alan - who did all the paperwork - was great - droll and a great story teller).

Larry & Alan