Earnhardt Ford

Call
Earnhardt Ford Info

Robert Horne Ford

Camelback Ford Lincoln

"They will bait you in with a price and shock you aftwerward "

Want to provide my experience with Earnhardt Ford (Chandler, AZ) today after having ordered a car through them. Their address is: 7300 W Orchid Lane Chandler, AZ 85226 Telephone: (480) 893-0000 So, back in May 20, I had ordered a 2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition from a dealer in Virginia for an agreed price of $5,000 above MSRP. In May 21st, I contacted various dealers in Arizona inquiring about their allocation for mentioned cars. After having talked to three of them, an internet sales manager (Gilbert De La Cruz) from Earnhardt Ford (Chandler, AZ) agreed to selling me one of their allocations for MSRP. After the agreement, I provided a deposit for $5,0000 (refundable). Given that we had agreed upon MSRP for the car, I had another friend whom was looking for the same car contact the same salesman, whom took a deposit of $5,000 after having agreed to sell him another car for MSRP. I received the order confirmation with the price of $48,190 (MSRP on it). I had multiple conversations with the salesman, all in which he stated that agreed sales price was MSRP. By late October I had requested a non secured loan to pay for the car since the estimated delivery date for the car was November 12th. The bank was requesting a document from the dealer asking for agreed sales price, estimated sales tax, estimated title and registration, estimated dealer document fees so that they provide funding for the loan. I requested mentioned documents through emails, text messages, and voicemails and the salesman kept saying that he would have them ready, which he never did. By November 2nd I sent an email requesting information to be provided no later than 8:00pm on mentioned date. I did not receive an answer back. My loan was funded on November 18th and money was deposited on my account. A cashier's check was then received on same date so that I could pay the dealer. On November 20th I received a call from the salesman saying that car had arrived and that I could pick it up by Saturday. I decided to stop by the dealership today (21st) since I wanted to see the car. The salesman said that he could have it ready for me by the end of the day. So, I decided to go out, see the car, and take pictures. I was so excited to se a Sold sticker, knowing that I was the buyer. After having spent about 20 minutes looking at the car and taking pictures, I went inside the dealer. Another sales consultant (Ron Qayumi) came to "help me out" and he pointed to another 2015 Mustang GT, saying that all cars have an added mark up due to being a new commodity. I stated that I had agreed to MSRP with internet sales manager and that I was not going to pay more than agreed. He mentioned that he said that he was going to help me out. Went some place and came back saying that markup was $10,000 since I was getting a limited edition car, to which I said no. I said that I was paying MSRP. He went some place and came back and said that we could work something out at $6,000 mark up, which , once again, I said no since I had an agreement with internet sales manager at MSRP. He, once again, went some place, and came back, at which time he said $5,000. One more time, I said no, that I was not paying anything more than MSRP. I then went outside, just to clear my head. The Internet Sales Manager with whom I had made the original agreement with, came out and started apologizing saying that the Sales Manager had overridden his offer to me since he was not going to let got a limited edition car for less than $5,000 markup. I told salesman that I was not going to pay above MSRP since we had an agreement and that he needed to help out. After our conversation, he went inside and came out saying that mark up would be $3,000, to which I said no. He went inside and came back and said that he could make it work of I was willing to give $1,000. I said no, because we had an agreement, but, since I wanted the car, I would give the dealer $500 above MSRP. He went inside and came out with the Sales Manager. Once the Sales Manager (John Ferrier) came out, things went downhill rather quickly. First he said that, since there was no written agreement, it would be a "he said/she said" thing which meant nothing. At mentioned time I said that I had the order confirmation with the MSRP price, to which he said that I only had an order confirmation and that it meant nothing. I then said that, I gave a $5,000 deposit after having agreed on price and that I would have never given the dealer any money if there was no price agreement, to which he said that a deposit does not guarantee anything. He then said that, he did not care if there was an agreement for MSRP, that he was just not going to let car go for less than $5,000 over MSRP. At that point I mentioned that such a way of conducting business was not professional; that they had actually baited me in to the dealer and now where trying to get more money from me since I had given a deposit. He said that they never do such a thing, to which I said that you are actually doing it to me as we speak. He got upset over my remark and said "take it or leave it", to which I replied that I was not going to make a decision like that, that I had agree on MSRP, and that I was willing to give $500 over MSRP. He said no and said that he was done with me. At that point, I told him that I was leaving the dealer and that I was going to have a conversation with my attorney since a contract had been made at time of receiving order confirmation with MSRP price and having handed $5,000 to them. He mentioned that they had a legal team and that I was more than welcome to do so. He asked me to go inside and get my deposit refunded, to which I said no since I had to talk to my attorney. Sales Manager then left. I went to my car and called Ford Customer Service to inquire about what were my options. They said that there was nothing that they could do since dealers are independent contractors and Ford can not dictate they way to do business. They suggested that I called the Business Better Bureau. I called the Business Better Bureau and they stated that they could not help and that I needed to contact the State Attorney's office. I then called the State Attorney's office, whom oriented me as to what to do. I then left the dealer for a lunch. After having talked things over with my wife, I decided to pay the $5,000 so that I could have my car. So, I decided to stop by the dealer after lunch. I talked to Ron, whom said he was going to see what he could do. A few minutes later Gilbert De La Cruz brought me a bottle of water. After having waited for more than 20 minutes, the Sales Manager (John Ferrier) comes out and asked me to sign a document, to which I said no since I needed to know what it was. He, once again, on a disgruntled manner, asked me to sign the paper, to which, once again, I said no. He said that he was not selling me the car because I had called the cops on him, to which I said that I had not called the "cops". He then said that, if I had not called the cops, I had called my attorney, to which I said that I had not contacted my attorney. He then says that "his guys" over heard my conversation with someone that I was talking to about the incident, asking for advice as to what were my "consumer rights". I said that, as he mentioned, as a consumer I do have rights and that there was nothing wrong with me trying to find out what my options were. I then said that, it did not matter with whom had I talked, but that I was willing to give $5,000 above MSRP, to which he said that he was not selling the car to me despite the car having been ordered for me. He then walked out to the front lobby. As I am walking out of the lobby he tells me whether I wanted a receipt for the reimbursement for my deposit, to which I said "no thanks" and left. Later in the evening I received a text message from original salesman, apologizing for what had happened and that both him and Ron where trying to work out a deal for me with another Sales Manager. I don't know what to do at this time. I am so frustrated with this whole thing. I just saw it coming after they refused to provide any documentation. And to think that I had an order with another dealer for $5,000 above MRSP... It is sad to see that Ford is not willing to step in for their customers by saying that dealers are independent contractors and there is nothing that they can do. It is sad to see that, despite having a written agreement, shady people do not want to honor an agreement just because "he is not willing to let it go below a markup of $5,000". As a Mustang fan, I had been looking forward to this car for a long time. It was a long 6 month wait since it was ordered for nothing. So, now I have a loan to pay and no car.

Gilbert De La Cruz, Ron Quyami, John Ferrier

"Three Words: DON'T GET STARTED!"

First impression is their great but over time that feeling declines. I purchased my Pre-Owned 2007 Ford Explorer in December of 2010. I have always taken my vehicle to Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, AZ. I figure what better people to bring it for maintenance and upkeep than the very dealership. However recently, I have made the decision to go elsewhere to maintenance my vehicle. And here are the reasons why: My vehicle has an ABS issue. At times when driving my truck all of a sudden I feel the whole front end shift (into what feels like a lower gear), I then place my foot on the break and I can feel a pulsating sensation under my foot and a hard metal to metal grinding noise. The ABS traction light comes on immediately. Sometimes the light stays on and other times it goes out. I have brought my truck into the dealership on numerous occasions regarding this issue. October of last year, 2013, I was told it was the Yaw sensor causing the issue. I paid my $100 deductible (under my extended warranty) to fix the issue. Not long after replacing the Yaw sensor the problem soon arouse again. I purchased new tires in March of 2013. I had a flat replaced in February of 2014. When I brought my truck in in March of this year, 2014, once this issue occurred again, I was told the ABS issue was possibly due to the tire circumference from the one new tire than that of the other three. Mind you, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard as this ABS problem was happening before I purchased the new tires. I have 98,000 miles on my truck. When I reached out to Service Manager, Jim Fitz, I asked if Ford was waiting for my extended warranty to go out. Jim replied, no, that’s how he gets paid. Please explain that to me because I find that hard very hard to believe. When speaking to my Service Advisor, Suzette Beam, I asked, if my extended warranty goes out and they finally diagnose the issue, would it be covered. She no, it would not. Ok, that’s extremely frustrating. It should be since Earnhardt Ford has been working on this for a year now. This is a serious safety issue. I don’t feel comfortable trading in this truck nor selling it to anyone. It would be the wrong thing to do. The last time the problem occurred, the front end shifted so hard that I immediately looked in my rear view mirror to make sure I wasn't going to be rear-ended. Luckily, no one was behind me. It took me breaking several times for it to finally let loose and drive normal. For nearly a year now I have taken my truck to the Earnhardt Ford dealership for diagnosis with no resolution to the problem. The customer service at this location has really changed over time. I have left messages for my Service Advisor, Suzette Beam, on numerous occasions - receiving no such response in return. A while back in trying to reach her, her voice mail said she was in the office but I soon found out she had been out ill for a long period of time. Her voice mail should have been changed to say otherwise or forwarded so someone else could have assisted her customers or someone should have made it a point to check her messages while out. And when she returned she made no necessary follow-up calls. Why wouldn’t she? That’s what you call great customer service. Recently I’ve tried contacting her to receive her voice mail once again. I asked for a call back and once again, received no such follow-up. In calling the front desk I’m told she’s in. Service Manager, Jim Fitz, has made it a priority to assist when I’ve reached out to him regarding my ABS issue. The last we spoke, I told him I wanted my money back regarding the YAW sensor as that’s what I was told was causing the ABS issue and it’s not. I told him I wanted to bring my truck elsewhere to be serviced. He asked me to bring my truck in, and I did, but once again nothing was diagnosed and nothing further was said about getting my refund on something that did not fix my trucks issue. I sent him an email dated June 18, 2014, basically telling him I would no longer be servicing my truck at that location as my frustration lies in that, I find it hard to believe that Ford cannot diagnose my truck’s ABS issue and also mentioned the horrible customer service by my Service Advisor, Suzette Beam. I never received a reply from him regarding my sent email. I then felt it necessary to contact Jim Fitz’s manager and was told that person was Larry Stornjohn. Throughout my first initial conversation with him he tried interrupting me a couple times but I kept on talking, as I wasn’t finished telling him my concerns of that location. He seemed more interested in asking me what he could do than to actually listen to the problem. At that time I told him there was nothing he could do as I was not planning on taking my vehicle back to that location. He told me to contact him if there was anything he could do. I then reached out to him the following week. Receiving his voicemail, I left a message that I would like the original $100 I paid to diagnose the ABS issue on my vehicle the first time I brought it in as well as the $100 I paid to replace the Yaw sensor. After a week of hearing no reply from him I then reached out to his assistant, Deena. Larry made contact with me telling me he never received a voice mail from me. Needless to say, when speaking with Larry this morning he said after reviewing all my service paperwork, that I was not charged a diagnosis and the only thing I paid for was the $100 for the Yaw sensor and I’m not getting that money back. He mentioned they did a lot of things on my truck at no charge to me. Well what things? And if you chose to not charge me, that was your decision. That still doesn't change the fact that my ABS system is still faulty and a major safety issue. When telling him about the last diagnosis they gave me about the circumference of my tires he then said, “O, you got new tries from us?” My reply to him was, “You would have known that if you reviewed all my paperwork like you just said you did.” He then firmly flat out told me he’s not giving me back the $100. I told him I was filing a formal complaint with Ford Motor Company. His reply, “You do that.” This dealership must remember one thing – the majority of the time they get customers by word of mouth.

See above

"Awesome !!"

Well we came in with a budget. I test drove a 14 escape and fell in love. Jason worked hard for us to be under our budget and we drove our new escape home that night. Thanks you Jason for your hard work and time with us.

Jason horn

"15 years later, still terrible customer service!!"

In 2014 Earnhardt Ford SUCKS just as much as it did 15 years ago when service advisors LIED about and tried to cover up someone drilling a hole right through the side of my brand-new truck in 1999. I haven't been to ANY Earnhardt Ford dealership for 15 years and have told everyone I know that they should NEVER deal with Earnhardt, EVER!!! I recently found they had just the truck I wanted and decided to try to deal with them again. They want to up sell you with $600 security systems that are apparently required by the insurance company (so maybe they should be free) and have told two stories now about their damaging dashboards to install LEDs for those expensive systems. If you don't buy the alarm system (with the included drilled holes in the panel below the steering column) you may or may not get them to replace the damaged panel! Jerry Samaniego told me that they replace those panels only on new vehicles and later Roberta McDonald told me twice that even on a brand-new vehicle they will leave the drilled holes in the lower dash that they drilled. "Your complete satisfaction is our goal!" WHAT A JOKE!!! They don't give a $#!+ about you after they have your $$! They have lost my business PERMANENTLY over a $70 (retail) part they refused to replace!!! Earnhardt's salesmen also failed to inform me when the seatbelt part for my truck finally came in so I could get it installed and claimed that the phone number they called went to a fax! There is no fax on my line and even if they messed up and got the number wrong, though they had used it before, they could have used email that they also had used before! EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES. Earnhardt's Ford Certification inspection on the 1.5 year old truck with less than 15K miles missed an obviously damaged seatbelt that must have been cut by the prior owner. I noticed the cut seatbelt damage immediately when looking at the back seat area. I have to wonder what else their inspection missed. These guys can't seem to get their story on warranties straight either! I was told THREE DIFFERENT VERSIONS of what the warranty would be on the truck. Only the last one from the finance guy was correct! There also were locations and phone numbers left in the computer on the used truck that appear to belong to a previous owner. Earnhardt Ford didn't even reset the computer/nav system prior to delivery! Now I'm sitting here finally getting the seatbelt replaced (two weeks after purchase) and was told it would be a quick 30 minutes and it's been nearly an hour! It just takes one or two bolts to replace the belt! Oh! They sent my clean truck to the wash!!! I'm WAITING IN YOUR SERVICE AREA TRYING TO GET TO WORK!!! The service advisor said it was "dusty". What, he can't simply ask customers if they would like to wait for a car wash??? Same crap from a crappy dealer!

Jerry Samaniego, Roberta MacDonald, Mark Molus

"Service"

My recent experience with Earnhardt Ford's service center was excellent!!! Suzette was informative and communicated all my vehicles needs and which issues were a priority as my Ford F-150 has 250,000 miles. When I asked to speak to the service manager Mr Fitch answered all my questions, in a timely manner, and provided the service I expect. I would, and have recommended Earnhardt Ford service center to all my friends and family. Thank you!!

Jim Fitch, Suzette Beam

"Great customer service "

I was very happy with the great level of customer service, Jerry was very patience and knowledgeable, he answer all of my questions and a very professional manner, I would definitely recommend this dealership ..THANK YOU !!!!

Jerry Samaniego

"Amazing!!"

My Husband and I had been looking to purchase a new vehicle and had been searching for quite some time. We were just about ready to give up when we received a call from Victor Teye over at Earnhardts. We had met with him about 6 months ago and they did not have anything that we were looking for at the time. He did not hound us or harass us like most sales people do. He only contacted us when he got exactly what we were looking for. He called us the day they took in this vehicle and had us come right down. I fell in LOVE! Victor and all the Earnhardt staff made me feel so welcome and helped answer every question I had and made my purchase so easy. I will NEVER go to another dealership and would recommend Victor to everyone!!

Victor Teye

"Almost bought a ford focus, everything went ok until we..."

Almost bought a ford focus, everything went ok until we came in to make an offer, the price of the car was written on paper before we came in. This car went up in price when we sat down make an offer. we just spoke on the phone and via email and she said she could still give us the car for the price agreed, nothing was sad about it going up because it passed its certification. we felt this to be very unfair and unprofessional and maybe just a trick to try and talk us into a new car and unfair to get my son excited about it just to change the price.

rather not get people into trouble but this needs to be addressed

"I absolutely do not recommend this place to anyone! ..."

I absolutely do not recommend this place to anyone! The salesman wasn't very good and would make a big deal about totally standard features like "so, it's got tires, nice, nice". I wish I were exaggerating, but I'm not. We weren't looking to buy that day, just test drive and if we were happy with the service and offered a reasonable deal would have returned to buy/further negotiate. However, they must have thought we were either insane or extremely stupid, because they attempted to sell us a Fiesta SE (MSRP about $15,500) with the only add-ons being an alarm and tinting, for $21,000 ($24,000 out the door) with a "great" interest rate of like 5% or 6%. And no, they would not come down on that price, it was the best they could do. Laughable. The other issue was that they would not accept that we weren't buy *that day* and held onto the driver's license much longer than needed to keep us there as well as continuing to try to pressure us into buying that day after we made it clear that was not going to happen. I understand that they want to make the sale and they don't want to let customers go, but the way they handled it just ensured that we would never come back. I very rarely bother to write reviews either, but our experience there was so bad, that I felt the need to warn other people! We ended up purchasing a Focus at the Camelback Ford dealership for well under that and had a much better experience.

I think it was Andrew or Andie

"Never NEVER, go to this dealership, it's like your were..."

Never NEVER, go to this dealership, it's like your were put in jail and interrogated for hours, They only offer 20% of the value of your trade in. They won't give up trying to sale you what you don't want of need till you break and give in just to get away, They take your keys of your trade in and do not give them back and after telling them a dozen times no, they still insist you buy their vehicle, First don't buy a Ford, I tried 4 of them in the past 10 years, 2 leases 10 years ago and 3 just this month, none was accept cable vehicles, except the F150 was ok, I actually lost about10 to 13 thousand dollars by not being satisfied with the vehicle and trading till I gave up and went back to Dodge/Chrysler. Yes it can be said my fault for giving into them, but I had hope they could make it right, I was wrong, and the way they treat you at Earnhardt Ford compared to others is ridiculous, however Ford In Ohio operates about the same Way, needless to Say ,, I will never step foot on a Ford lot again. Oh yes, they also make you check in and out at the gate, you can not just drive in and look around without supervision treat you like a crook.

saleman supervisor