Gillman Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Gillman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Info

Ylgrant21
11/24/2014

"not honor warranty"

Mr. Chapman...Alan Scott...are bad service rep as well as General Manager. Took my truck in for bad factory paint job on my sunroof. When i open sunroof the glass is scratching from the paint bumps. You cannot see it when washing vehicle...once you open roof and stand from a distance you see the ugly workmanship done by Chrysler. Chrysler rejected because they said it was due to a previous accident. The only work done was a bumper and fender...no work on the sunroof. Mr Champan had me to take vehicle to a auto trim shop...someone who lied to us. Christian at auto trim on Bissonnet. She stood on the floor told my husband and i that it was a factory warranty issue and the dealer is responsible. Then when i called and told him what she said he emails me to say she says it was due to a previous accident and i had "yo people" to fixed it. Yo people that's why we have violence...who is yo people . I had paper work on bumper and fender to show. We looked st his sunroof on his truck clean as a whistle. My truck is still under warranty 2013 and because of this he want honor the bumper to bumper warranty...bad service...horrible

mr. Champan, alan scott

sjenkins1111
10/23/2014

"2014 Jeep Cherokee"

My sales experience with Gillman went smooth. My car was shipped from another dealer in Kingsville, TX and delivered to me within 2 days of the sale. The sale was easy and I felt good about my new purchase. In August 2014, I began having issues with the transmission and took it into the service center. They had it for about an hour and told me that it needed a software update and I was good to go. Drove the vehicle for about 3 weeks and it began having the same problem. Took it back, and this time they gave me a rent car. Good thing, they had my car for 2 weeks. They went through a series of tests and resolutions and more tests and said it was good to go. Had the car back for 2 weeks and on October 20, the car is back in the shop with the same problem. I dropped it off on Monday, got my rent car (after being gone from work for 2 hours) and this is Thursday. I haven't heard anything from the service department. I didn't call Tuesday, thinking I would give them a day to look at it again. I called yesterday and 3 times today. No one is calling me back. To that end, I guess the sale was the best part about buying this car. Now, it is time for them to give me money back so I can go somewhere else. Frustrated.

Kevin Brown

Giang
9/01/2014

"Bait and Switch - Terrible Experience"

Short Review: These guys are the reason why people call them "stealerships". This places uses the classic BAIT AND SWITCH tactics and will pretty much try to scam you every step of the purchase process. This was the worst car dealership experience I have had. I highly dissuade anyone from coming here. BEWARE before giving them ANY of your money. Long Review: I came here to order a Jeep and was INITIALLY given a fair offer for my trade and the purchase price of the new vehicle (plus three free synthetic oil changes). I agreed, and I left a $1000 "refundable" deposit. They were pretty eager to take my deposit. They didn't write up a formal contract, but resorted to using a standard letter sized paper with handwriting for everything (highly unprofessional). One manager, Dana?, assured me that their deposits were refundable. I hadn't signed anything regarding nonrefundable, nor had I seen a policy, so I didn't think too much (my mistake). I hit a few snags during the 6 weeks that I was waiting on the vehicle. In particular, the refundable deposit they stated was now nonrefundable. I inquired twice to make a change before the building process (which Dana? told me I could before it was built). First time they said it can't be done. Second time, they said they would take my deposit. If they cannot make changes, I was misinformed. They should take responsibility to work with me. When I went in to try to work with them, one manager, Raymond B., told me to "get out of his face" and "I have better things to do." After he said this, he proceeded to surf YouTube. This left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I was pretty upset. I have never seen such unprofessionalism. I considered fighting for my deposit using various consumer tools, but I figured I'd stick it out and see if they'd actually honor the original deal I had negotiated. When my Jeep finally arrived, I came in to finish the deal. They told me they can't give me the price we originally agreed upon for my trade. The original trade value was $10,500. They said they could only give me $9000. They claimed to had lost the shady letter sized paper or it wasn't legible they claimed. No surprise. This is a classic bait and switch. They take your "refundable" deposit after you agree on a price and then proceed to lowball you on your trade. At this point, I was already prepared for what they might do, so I proceeded to deal. It's a shame that I had to "negotiate" something that was already agreed upon. Raymond B. gave me grief at every step of the way. I ended up getting $10,306 for trade in value and the same purchase price (and supposedly 3 oil changes) after 2-3 hours of arguing with them. After signing paperwork and receiving my keys, I was on the way out. I thought everything was good at this point until Raymond B. greets me at the door saying we are not giving you the 3 oil changes (Why do this? The deal is over. You should congratulate me on my purchase and fake a smile). I demanded to speak to the general manager (at this point, Raymond B. says "go right ahead" with an attitude.) Matt C. had the service department write up a Chrysler service contract for me to get my 3 oil changes at any dealership. (I thank you for helping me Matt, but it doesn't make up for the treatment. Also, I should not be bribed with something I have already purchased just to give ten stars on the survey. This does not help to improve the overall Gillman experience. I hope you work towards improvement.) It's a shame that they had to give me so much grief on something we already agreed upon. At the end of the day, I purchased the vehicle short of $200 dollars on the original agreement (with much effort). They need to ask themselves if the trouble they gave me was worth receiving a bad marks on their record. $200 dollars is chump change for a dealership of this size. Why treat your customers like this and risk another taint on your reviews for $200? As of writing this review, they're not looking good. The service department reviews (users with 1 review and no friends, sketchy reviews praising Allen S.) barely save them in ratings. If any of the Gillman executives read this, please do a thorough check/review process on your employees and provide written policies for EVERY step of this procedure. This level of unprofessionalism should not be tolerated. I believe professionalism should be enforced at a dealerships of this size. A purchase of this value should be handled with the utmost professionalism every step of the way. Even restaurants that sale items 1/1000 of the purchase price of a vehicle treat their customers with respect. Bottom Line: I highly, highly dissuade anyone from coming here unless they like to be treated with disrespect and dishonesty.

Raymond Bennett

Rileybyars
7/28/2014

"Horrible people"

This dealership is awful. They change prices on Sunday ( when you know they're closed ) and then early morning before they open they change them back. I was going for a 2008 bmw that was posted for 5000. They said it was a mistake, changed the price, and hung up on me. This is not ok.

John

qqq0ppp
7/18/2014

"Dissapointing"

We found good deal on Hyundai Tucson on their website. So, we contacted online manager to clarify the price and availability. She said that the vehicle is available. We made a proposal and agreed the price. 20 minutes later we were at there place. We were asked to wait. After half an hour they said that the car is ready for test drive. When we went outside we found that it is Kia, not Hyundai!!! When we asked about Hyundai they told that it probably was sold. We just left

Laura Varela

Kashtorey4
6/20/2014

"New Buyer"

Purchased a new Jeep and I am very excited/pleased with it. The service that I received from Mark Ina was phenomenal..!!!!! I would recommend him and this dealership to anyone who are seeking good service.!

Mark Ina

stopwork
4/29/2014

"my sales experience"

I stopped by your dealership just to see some of your new cars and to pick up a part for my wife's jeep. I was greeted by Mr. McGee as I entered the show room floor and I asked him for directions to the parts department which he gave me. We got into a discussion about cars and he showed me this dodge avenger in black. I was so impressed with his knowledge about the car and his friendliness /professionalism that I bought my car. Mr. McGee was a great help!!!!!!!!

Mr. James McGee

Blackdart
4/21/2014

"Best service and price in town "

I came to this dealership looking to buy a car for a good price, not only I found that but found awesome people that took time and sweat to get me exactly what I needed. I will definitely be back in the future to buy more cars from Gillman and I want my sales person to be Trouble again.

Trouble & Mike

Vanealo1
4/21/2014

"Great costumer service"

Came to this dealer end it up with exactly wt I wanted the service was super everyone was friendly n that's the most important things in a business ..thank Brian n mike

Brian

vemarin
4/12/2014

"Great Customer Service!"

From start to finish the internet experience was excellent. Our sales associate Marcos helped us find and purchase the perfect vehicle for our family. Once selected, the waiting period for the finance department was very short and that process was quick as well. I would highly recommend this dealership to family and friends.

Marcos Pacheco

Gillman Chrysler Jeep Dodge responded to this review

April 14, 2014

Thank you for your DealerRater review! We are glad to hear that Marcos helped you find the perfect car and that the rest of our staff was able to able to help make the entire experience quick, easy, and fun. We hope to see you again, and thank you again for recommending us to your family and friends. Thank you, Matt Chapman General Manager of Gillman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Houston