Homer Skelton Ford of Millington

Accessory Sales

July 26, 2017

"Service Department SUCKS"

- ginnis

I would like to share my SECOND horrendous experience with the Service Department at Homer Skelton Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Millington, TN. I went in on Monday, 9/25/17 to make an appointment for an issue with the windshield washer not working on a '14 Jeep Cherokee Sport. The first indication the service department was STILL substandard was when an available service writer looked me right in the eye and told her counterpart she was going to lunch. Really? So I tell them I'd like to make an appointment to have my vehicle issue fixed. The service writer chose Wednesday and asked that I have the vehicle there by 7:30 A.M. "If you get here early, you'll be first in line", he said. To make sure I do my part, I dropped the vehicle off Tuesday evening. Wednesday comes and I get a text about 9:00 A.M., "let me know if you have any questions or need anything". After hearing nothing, I texted back and asked if my vehicle was ready. Approximately 20 minutes later I get a return text "yes". So, my wife leaves work early to take me to pick the vehicle up. Because I was told it was ready, she left and went back home. Again, I walked up to the service desk. The service writer who helped me schedule the appointment on Monday was with another customer. About the time I walked up, he and the other customer walked off. So I'm standing there looking at a second customer service rep, who is leaning on the service counter looking at me. So I ask, "can you help me"? He replies, "who is your service advisor"? I said, "I don't know his name, does it really matter? I just need to pick up my keys...it was warranty work". He said, "he'll be back in a minute" and left me standing there. Did I mention it was the 110 degree heat index day and their garage doors were up? Finally, MY service advisor comes back, looks for the paperwork for my vehicle and then tells me, "I'll be darn, it's not finished yet". What he really meant was it was still sitting in the parking lot and hadn't even been looked at. His explanation...sorry, we've been busy. This is the 2nd time I've taken a vehicle to this dealership and had this happen. It won't happen again...guaranteed. I wouldn't send my ex-wife to this dealership...for anything. My only regret is reviewers HAVE to leave at least one star with their review. They didn't even deserve that. If you choose to do business at this dealership, remember, you were warned.

My service advisor isn't on the list...imagine that.

May 10, 2017

"UNSAT"

- kinderseal

I brought my 97 Expedition in for 2nd heater core replacement. Vehicle was left dirty and broken trim pieces and dash lights. The work was adequate but the aftermath was poor.

Carl Schotter

December 06, 2016

"Poor service"

- trex

I took my F-150 in for oil change, (on a Saturday) and had wait waited 3 hours for the service. Very long time to wait just for an oil change. While I was there, I asked about the vehicle warranty on a problem I was having with the door buzzer. I have the extended warranty and just needed to know if this part was covered. I was told that I would be charged $100 for them just to look at it. Really , Then what good is the warranty, no good I tell you. I also asked about the recall on the F-150, and I was told it was not a mandatory recall on the vacuum pump for the brake assist. Only to bring it back when the pump fails. This is not right. What happens when it does fail and I get in a accident because of it is the Ford dealership going to pay for it then. I don't think so. I was happy with Ford up to about a year ago. Now I can't wait to get this truck paid off and go to another manufacture, I'm thinking real hard about trading it in right now, for a Dodge or Chevy.

Do not remember, Service was done on a Saturday