Honda of Decatur

Serra Honda

George sales
11/05/2014

"Bad Service"

I purchased a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder.When I test drove the truck I seen no issues. After i purchased the truck. I drove it 15 miles to job and at the security gate I stopped for a minute or two and my truck began to run hot till I took off it went back down. Then 6 hours after getting off. I drove 5 miles to my dad house i stopped the truck and all the sudden the check engine light came on and my fuel hand went from full to empty. I went to a gas station to fill up it took 5 gallons to fill up. Then I noticed my hinge on my back glass was loose. The screw hole was stripped out. So i called the sales guy. He told me to bring it by the next day. I dropped it off. And I was told that my coolant was low and my gas level sensor was bad to take it to Nissan which they didnt check cause Nissan said their wasnt a recall on that vehicle. Then a week later i noticed my back brakes making noises. So i got spend $250 on the gas guage issue, $100 on the back glass issue, and $200 on brakes if just pads. These are things their service department should of caught before selling and noticed me off before purchased.Now I have to get these things fixed using my time after 2 weeks of owning the truck. Just not right.

baby2011
5/01/2013

"I had been looking for a trans am to restore that was in..."

I had been looking for a trans am to restore that was in good mechanical shape. I was told this 86 trans am runs and drives good and great condition. When I tested it there were some issues and the reps said that the carburetor needed adjusted and it needed brakes. I laughed to myself bc this car didnt even have a carburator. I was well prepared to put a lil money in it of course being an old car. The car made it home OK but would not start the next day. I was totally mislead on this car and I have learned a valuable lesson about car shopping to never trust a salespersons word always have a car checked out by a trusted mechanic. This car should have been sold for parts or scrapped and I paid far more than it was worth. The car needs to be completely rewired, has blown head gasket, needed a new transmission, a complete brake job, well I was totally ripped off and when I wanted to trade for something different the next day, i was offered a third of what I paid. Never will ever purchase anything from them or recommend them again.

Bridgette

deesmama2010
2/23/2012

"My boyfriend and myself went to Honda Of Decatur to find..."

My boyfriend and myself went to Honda Of Decatur to find a Tahoe . We wanted one with leather , dvd player and and one that had been taken care of. Tony Gable was our salesman he did a wonderful job , as soon as we pulled in the parking lot he was there with us every step of the way , he cared about us . and wanted to help we had been to car lots all over and never got treated so nice . i would definately reccomend them to anyone in search of a vehicle . they were awesome . thanks again. Megan Terry & Justin Barber ..

Tony Gable

Ashley L
7/26/2011

"I would NEVER, EVER, EVER visit this dealer again. I..."

I would NEVER, EVER, EVER visit this dealer again. I purchased a pre-owned 2008 PT Cruiser and was told the vehicle had been in a "minor traffic incident" which had resulted in "minor cosmetic repairs" but the vehicle was free of any existing cosmetic or mechanical defects. The day after we left the dealership with the car the light came on for low tire pressure, which we fixed. Three days later a check engine light came on due to a faulty O2 sensor. After pressing the matter for a few days they finally agreed to fix it. After that repair I had low tire pressure again and found a nail got in our tire at the dealership. After that repair we had a problem with the car trembling when it idled. They refused any assistance and told us to take it to a certified Chrysler dealership, we did and found that it has a bent frame, broken a/c fan and faulty switch totally $1100 in necessary repairs! I've only had the vehicle for one month and it's only been driven around town. Apparently it was never fully repaired after the major traffic accident (not minor incident as HONDA stated) and is not free of any mechanical and cosmetic defects as Honda stated. Honda is refusing any assistance or to make any repairs. They also did not send the manual for the vehicle as promised even though I requested it multiple times. The 7th time I called and requested it they finally sent it but is the wrong year and the wrong model (I have a 4-door but they sent a 2-door convertible). We are getting an attorney and intend to sue the dealership.

Mike Smith, Kevin Ellison & Bill (service dept)

Hondasi
6/14/2011

"I purchased a 2006 Honda Civic SI from Honda of Decatur,..."

I purchased a 2006 Honda Civic SI from Honda of Decatur, I drove the car for 4 days and it broke down and left me on the side of the road. I called Honda of Decatur, and they refered me to another dealer for help, being that I was 80 miles away. I had the car towed to Brannon Honda, Dealership in Birmingham to check the car out. I got a call from the service department and the clutch is bad and it will cost $2200.00 to replace it. I called Chris at Honda of Decatur and was given the run around,I was told that there was nothing wrong with the car before I purchased it and I must have been hot roding the car. I left 2 voice mails to the General manager and still no reply back. I spoken to the salesman a few times and he said there was nothing he could do to help. Brannon Honda, service told me that there was no way I could have done this to the clutch. the clutch was wore down to the rivets. I am debating on getting my lawyer involed. I WILL NEVER USE THIS DEALERSHIP AGAIN...

Steve & Chris

Keiko4
4/14/2010

"We went looking for a Honda and at first were treated..."

We went looking for a Honda and at first were treated pretty well. Unfortunately, when they realized we were not going to settle for what they had in stock, they lost interest. They kept pushing us to take a car they had instead of trying to order one or transfer from another dealer. After more than an hour, we were given prices on two cars in stock and told "...we've checked five surrounding states and what you want - nobody has...!" We drove home 60 miles disappointed but the next day - low and behold! - they found the exact color and options we wanted on a car that they could get from another dealer. Yet, when we tried to actually "get" this car, the dealership told us the car was so hard to get the other dealer refused to transfer it! Of course, they would sell us one in stock for an even better price if we would only drive back and purchase from them!! Needless to say, we didn't go back and will not deal with them again. Too bad a good car company can have such silly dealers. (By the way, the "impossible" to get car was a Honda Civic with manual transmission!)

Don't Remember

Pward
3/24/2005

"I purchase a honda a while back. I was exciting about the..."

I purchase a honda a while back. I was exciting about the service and how quick and fast the salesman respond to everything upon resqest of looking at a honda. I could tell by going to the dealership the salesman wanted a quick purchase. I metion their wasn't a car manual in the car. And I stated that upon the purchase and I was told i woold be getting that in the mail in about a few weeks. Now it's over 2 months and i haven't got the book. And I have called about it twice and I still haven't got the manual. It's very hard to operate your vechile to the fullest without a manual. When I got the car out of detail I notice there was a long scratch on the left side of the door. Overall i wasn't please with the purchase of the honda.

SCOTT