Honolulu Ford Lincoln

1052 Houghtailing Street,
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Honolulu Ford Lincoln Info
About Honolulu Ford Lincoln

Celebrating 60 years of service, Honolulu Ford is the Hawaii's first and largest Ford dealership. The dealer, Mark Benson, is encouraging all the employees to become more active in the community. Through developing relationships, we are primarily doing business with friends! Update: Beginning February 2014, Honolulu Ford Lincoln will be open six days and 24/7 on the Internet. Closed on Sundays- You are a valued part of Honolulu Ford’s Ohana, and the reason that we report to work. It is through this relationship that we would like to share with you our desire to improve our community. In Hawaii, the family is under attack from many different fronts. Whether it is work, traffic, school or social, many are spread too thin. After much soul searching, we have decided to put our families before profits and close our dealership on Sunday. We trust that this statement to the community will serve on many different fronts: On Sunday, you can tour our $19,000,000 inventory without talking to a salesperson. Kick the tires, review the colors and check prices all at your leisure. (We will have a number of vehicles marked down for our Silent Sunday sale, where the price will be honored on Monday!) We are bold in our desire to improve the quality of life for our ninety families that depend on Honolulu Ford for their living. Please take a minute and respond with your thoughts on our new direction. Mahalo, Mark Benson

About Honolulu Ford Lincoln Learn More

Friday 7:30 AM - 5:30 AM

Saturday Closed

Mike&Erica Sua
5/06/2015

"Thank you ford??"

As everyone knows, purchasing a new vehicle can be somewhat overwhelming. Ben was very patient with me as I contemplated several different possible vehicles, took us on 2 test drives and tirelessly explained the difference of features in detail for all of my prospects. I left Ford totally confident that we had made the right purchase at a price we couldn't get anywhere else!

EVEREN
4/21/2015

"BEN CABALO THE FORDMAN!!!!"

How would you describe a person a trustworthy, friendly, loyal, helpful, happy, real FORD man car salesman? That is BEN CABALO! Easy to talk with, very serviceable and listen intelligent what car buyer needs in prospective car. He balances what car is best suited for buyer in financing car especially leasing new FORD ESCAPE SE 2015. All my experience in leasing it would take 12 hours before they release my car, but through BEN CABALO, WHOA! Went test drive the FORD 2015 TITATIUM ESCAPE to feel the comfort of the driver as well as passenger. He did not talk about the cost but ask if I like. Excellent car and so much fun of gadgets but then we came into SE which is also excellent and more affordable on my budget. Hours was so short that there was no waiting, and it was fresh from the boat. Preparation for release was exceptional WONDERFUL AND AWESOME. And that is BEN CABALO, THE FORDMAN!!!

bchngrl66
4/09/2015

"Great Great Service"

Ben Cabalo is always very helpful in all the over 30 years we have delt with Honolulu Ford. He goes out of his way to accomadate us even to come and put our license plate on our car.

seasidesmitty
4/02/2015

"Leasing is easy at Honolulu Ford"

Went to lease a car for my brother on the 20th of March. Ben Cabalo helped me with the lease. Called two days ahead of time with all the info and car was ready for me. In and out service. I have bought and leased so much cars from Mr. Cabalo over the last 20 years that now I call him Uncle Ben!! As always I recommend Ben Cabalo and Honolulu Ford.

Libra1967
3/30/2015

"My car buying experience"

Mr Ben Cabalo is friendly and very professional car salesman. He made my car buying experience very easy and explain every detail during the whole process. I wish we have known him sooner. I will definitely recommend him to my friends and family.... Big Mahalo! Charito?

E&S
3/25/2015

"Ben & Richard outstanding salesmen"

Ben & Richard are outstanding salesmen. Very professional & great personalities. The purchase of our 2015 Transit Cargo went very smoothly. We're very pleased on how easy it drives and very quiet riding.

Richard Teruya

jay
3/19/2015

"Ben Cabalo and New Car purchase at Honolulu Ford & Lincoln"

Ben Cabalo is an experienced professional. He goes out his way to help a customer. He is with you from step one all the way till you drive off. He knows all aspects of the car buying experience. He is awesome. Jay

dealerrater1
3/01/2015

"Worst Overall Dealer Experience"

I would not recommend this dealer to anyone. When I purchased my vehicle I was kept at the dealership for more than 4 hours. This was even after walking in the door ready to purchase a vehicle. The salesperson was dismissive towards me. Even though it was clear the vehicle was for me, he continued to focus on discussion with my husband. The dealer markups on the new vehicles is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Shipping cars to Hawaii does not account for the markups this dealership is doing. It was incredibly disappointing that there was no movement for negotiation other than to offer a pre-owned vehicle. The president came by to ask how the visit was going and as soon as I expressed disappointment in the dealer markup, he dismissed the comment and moved on. Not really role modeling the customer service he brags about during commercials. During this entire process every time there was a question or some paper work that needed to be processed, the salesperson would walk away and be gone inexplicably for 10-20 minutes. There is no need for the amount of delay in the process. After getting to finance and finalizing all the paperwork, which was another hour the vehicle still wasn't ready to be driven off the lot and I had to wait another 40 min. I've purchased other vehicles both on the mainland and in Hawaii and have never had such a horrible purchasing experience. I didn't feel excited driving away with my new vehicle because of how annoyed and frustrated I was from the process. This is not what buying a car should be like. I never even received a call following up about my purchase. Other Ford dealers I have been to I have always received calls for surveys even if I didn't purchase a vehicle but just visited. I imagine I didn't receive anything from this dealer because Ford doesn't actually endorse them or their service; they certainly haven't won any awards from Ford which says a lot. Ford unfortunately just has it's hands tied with minimal options for trying to sell it's brand on an island. Now let's talk about service. Why should you make an appointment? I don't know; it certainly doesn't seem like the service center knows. When I made an appointment for an oil change I was told it would be 1 - 1 1/2 hours. An oil change that takes 30 min, is supposed to be 1 - 1 1/2 hours at Honolulu Ford. I know they have to build in some buffer time and they also do the courtesy check, but 1 1/2 is really long. I can go to the local shops and get a courtesy check and oil change in less than an hour, WITHOUT an appointment. But when I purchased my vehicle I purchased the extra coverage to have these services taken care of because they bragged about the service center and told me how much it would be better when I could just bring it in and not have to worry about it. When I arrived (15 min before my appointment) I was then told it could be more like 1 1/2 - 2 hours. So I sat for 2 hours and watched as my vehicle stayed in the same parking space. I walked away a few times so I couldn't be sure they did something when I wasn't looking so I made sure to wait 2 hours from my appointment time before actually checking on the status. After being ignored at the service counter for 5 min another person walked by and asked if I was picking up a vehicle, and I let them know I was just checking status. I followed them outside where I saw them check with the service people and come back to me telling me it would be 20-30 more minutes because they were working on it right now. This was while I was staring at my vehicle still sitting in the same parking space. So when it wasn't even in the garage yet, they were estimating a max of 30 minutes when apparently it takes 1 - 1 1/2 hours?? I pointed out that my vehicle was still in the parking lot and they looked surprised that I couldn't be fooled that 20-30 minutes was not realistic. I let them know they had 5 minutes to get my car in the garage or just give it back. They did end up getting it in in 5 minutes. 50 minutes later, it is now 3 hours after my scheduled appointment time. So I ask again and the service person is thankful for my patience but doesn't seem to understand my frustration at the length of time it is taking. He says they are busy today. What that means is they have no ability to manage the amount of vehicles they schedule for appointments as well as accept from people walking in with the amount of people they have available to work. They cannot successfully estimate times of service and have no excuse. They have no understanding of efficiency and customer service. I was then promised 10 more minutes. To my luck this fourth estimate of time was correct and I finally got my vehicle back. I was not the only one waiting and having this experience. Apparently I am just the only one that expects more from a dealer who sells itself so highly on its service and am unwilling to spend entire days wasting my time at the dealership. I ended up leaving BEFORE a customer who was also there for an oil change who came in BEFORE I did. All together, my oil change took 3 1/2 hours. There is no reason for this.

Allan
2/28/2015

"Great Customer Service!"

Thank you Daniel, the Internet Manager and Lani in Customer Relations for the super fast, friendly and professional response to my request. I have never dealt with your dealership before but certainly will going forward. I highly recommend Honolulu Ford Lincoln ! 5 Stars!!!

Lani in Customer Relations

Honolulu Ford Lincoln responded to this review

March 04, 2015

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again at our next New Owner and Sync Training Clinic. Thanks again!

Chasen
2/28/2015

"Wonderful experience "

Would like to thank Honolulu ford especially BOB and WAYNE . They truly made a believer out me. bOb was able to get us out of a upside down loan into a brand new ford titanium. Explained my situation and he surely said don't worry I will make it happen and sure enough he did . I am happy to be driving a new car with a lower interest rate and most of he sure is a wonderful sales man

Honolulu Ford Lincoln responded to this review

March 04, 2015

Thank you for your kind words! Bob and Wayne do a terrific job and really appreciate your feedback. It makes our day! Thanks again. See you at our next New Owner and Sync Training Clinic.

Reviews of Ben Cabalo