Read Reviews Honolulu Ford Lincoln

Guy MelloSales Manager3 Lifetime Reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Honolulu Ford Lincoln

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Honolulu Ford Lincoln has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Honolulu Ford Lincoln

Celebrating 60 years of service, Honolulu Ford is the Hawaii's first and largest Ford dealership. The dealer, Mark Benson, is encouraging all the employees to become more active in the community. Through developing relationships, we are primarily doing business with friends! Should at anytime our team not under promise and over deliver, please do not hesitate to contact Mark for further assistance.
Update:
You are a valued part of Honolulu Ford’s Ohana, and the reason that we report to work. It is through this relationship that we would like to share with you our desire to improve our community. In Hawaii, the family is under attack from many different fronts. Whether it is work, traffic, school or social, many are spread too thin. After much soul searching, we have decided to put our families before profits and close our dealership on Sunday. We trust that this statement to the community will serve on many different fronts:
• Our business will be open six days and 24/7 on the Internet.
• On Sunday the community will have the opportunity to tour our $19,000,000 inventory without talking to a salesperson. Kick the tires, review the colors and check prices all at your leisure. (We will have a number of vehicles marked down for our Silent Sunday sale, where the price will be honored on Monday!)
• This may encourage other businesses to recognize the importance of family within the community and make accommodations.
We are bold in our desire to improve the quality of life for our ninety families that depend on Honolulu Ford for their living. Please take a minute and respond with your thoughts on our new direction.
Mahalo,

8/31/2014 1:51:55 AM

Chip LowmanChip Lowman
Don MinnisDon Minnis

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

The customer service from everyone, from the dealer/financial/Insurance agent were superb! They all answered questions before I could ask! Great people and service.

Twitter
"Grandma wants a Mustang convertible!"

Doritamo
8/11/2014 10:22:14 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Jeff  SalazarJeff Salazar

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

Yes I'm a grandma and visiting family in Hawaii often. I needed a car to get around and wanted my dream car Mustang convertible. Jeff at Honolulu Ford Lincoln helped me find exactly the right one. He and Mark negotiated to get me exactly the price I needed to pay. The lovely people in the insurance office were so pleasant to work with. The staff was so friendly and hospitable. But the best part is I drove away with the car of my dreams!! I highly recommend Honolulu Ford Lincoln!!!

"Great dealership"

Andrew EgnewAndrew Egnew
Jim MoylanJim Moylan
Monica  MoylanMonica Moylan

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

I have been to Honolulu Ford twice now: once for an event that supported the local Boy Scout Council and once to buy a car. Both experiences were fantastic and I would recommend Honolulu Ford to anyone looking to purchase a car.

The first time I came to Honolulu Ford, a lady I knew from Scouting asked me to come down the next day to help her run a fundraising event that would be taking place there. The dealership was running an event in which the Scout council would earn $40 for everyone that came down to check out and/or test drive some of the new model Lincolns they had. My friend asked for my help and also asked me to tell all my friends about it. I agreed to help her but was very hesitant about asking friends to come down. I have had some horrendous experiences with car dealerships in the past and likened going to one to be like going in for a root canal. Definitely not my idea of fun. Boy was I wrong! The event was great because the people were great. We got to check out some cars, they fed us, and, most of all, they made it fun. There was absolutely no pressure to buy anything. In fact, other than in the survey I filled out, I don't think I was even asked if I was interested in buying anything! I apologized to the friend who had asked me to come down because I didn't invite people to come and check it out. I really should have. I should point out, too, that I have not been "spammed" either in email or snail mail since the event. Honolulu Ford has been completely courteous.

With that great experience behind me, I decided to look to Honolulu Ford to purchase a car for my daughter to use. She had been driving a 2012 Ford Focus in Colorado and had really liked it. We decided to look at Focus models that were available over here. I was thinking of buying used but had already discussed the possibility of buying new. Truthfully, I wasn't really happy with the used Focus inventory at Honolulu Ford or at Cutter Ford but I did find one that looked promising at Honolulu Ford. I began working online with a salesperson named Shawn Aiona. He was great to work with. He provided me with the information that I needed in a timely manner and was very professional.

When we went to the dealership, Shawn was working with another customer. While we waited another salesperson, Andrew came over and helped me to keep my kids entertained. In particular, I he overheard me mentioning some of the features of the really cool Lincolns that I had seen for the Scouting event. He asked the kids if they wanted to check them out and we all went out to a Lincoln and played with all the nifty features. The kids loved things like the built-in seat coolers and the voice-controlled radio. My daughter that wanted a Focus was definitely sold on a Lincoln! I told her that the Lincoln cost about 2 and half times what the Focus did and, of course, she tried to convince me that she was worth it. Nice try!

What was really nice was that Mark Benson, the owner and his wife, Mary were around and actually spent time with us. It was good to get to know them. What impressed me was that Mary spent time with all the kids that were there with the parents. Whether people were there purchasing vehicles or for service, she talked to the kids, took them over to get cookies or candy if their parents allowed it, and even took some little girls to feed a kitten that the dealership had kind of adopted. I know it made the day a better one for the kids and that certainly made it a better one for me.

When Shawn was available we took a look at both the used Focus I had found online and a new Focus. I eventually decided on the new Focus because of the price (with the incentives that Ford Motor Company is running it made it really worthwhile), the warranty and the features. There was no pressure either way and everything went very smoothly.

Car buying can definitely take some time. In this, Honolulu Ford was no exception but they certainly made the time spent, pleasant. I was very pleased with all aspects of making a purchase from Honolulu Ford. I felt that I was treated well, that my kids were treated well and that I got a great deal. I strongly recommend Honolulu Ford to anyone looking to purchase a car.

"Knowledgable and Personable"

LES44
7/31/2014 11:02:37 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Michelle AndayaMichelle Andaya

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

Michelle was very personable and knowledgable about the various deals and incentives and provided helpful recommendations as we explored our options for a future purchase. Thank you!

"No Pressure All Around"

blackbomb
7/23/2014 10:41:42 PM

Ben CabaloBen Cabalo

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

The only time I ever felt buying a new car was a pleasant experience!
Ben Cabalo was informative, patient, and very accommodating in every way.
A true professional in every aspect; no pressure, no haggling, just straight facts and figures.
I don't know what the other salespeople are like but Ben's outstanding professionalism will definitely make me want to come back to do more business with Honolulu Ford and I will definitely recommend your company to my family and friends.
A big mahalo to Ben and Honolulu Ford. I will surely enjoy my new 2013 Edge Limited.

"easy and fast"

4ord
7/22/2014 3:24:17 PM

Ben CabaloBen Cabalo

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

This was the shortest time I ever spent in a Dealership to purchase a vehicle. They had a lot of models to choose from as well as colors and options.

Twitter
"Fun and Exciting, Ask for Chip and Shawn!"

doprescu
7/5/2014 5:21:49 AM

Chip LowmanChip Lowman

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

Great experience at Ford Dealership in Honolulu! Got what I wanted, and Chip and Shawn made that happened. They were very patient and sincere in making sure that I was getting the best deal. Thank you, guys! I appreciate that you didn't try to push me into any other deal, but instead you explain to me very clearly all the available options. Good job!
Dragos

Added: 7/18/2014 5:19:05 PM

Thanks! We appreciate your opinion very much and welcome to the Honolulu Ford family!

Twitter
"2 for 1....NO way!...YES way!"

Ahvinz07
7/5/2014 4:25:15 AM

Rob BrantleyRob Brantley
Lisa JoslinLisa Joslin

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

Friendly, UPFRONT, Real Deal, Willingness to listen & Met our needs!, PATIENT!...No haggling, Passionate. MS. LISA J, Mahalo for the efforts and the time you spent to make our car shopping a reality! MR. ROB B., Mahalo for looking out for our best interest...THE ALLSTATE team...it was your friendliness that sold you., MR. WAYNE F. Don't forget to clean up your coffee spill, & MR SHAWN, sorry we couldn't meet in person but that's ok you hooked me up with these awesome people & "I ain't one tratah, lol"...not now anyway! & MR. MARK BENSON...Your team rocks and I know that it's because of the culture that you have built there at Honolulu Ford. Mahalo for coming out introducing yourself and really making us feel welcomed! You're definitely a leader that Leads and cares about his team, because if you didn't the people I worked with at your dealership would have never performed at the level of PURE EXCELLENCE!!! Your team definitely went "ABOVE & BEYOND" my "EXPECTATIONS"!

Mahalo Honolulu Ford and all the FABULOUS Team Members! I look forward to doing business with you all in the future...Love & Aloha, THE KUBOTA OHANA!

Added: 7/18/2014 5:20:29 PM

Awesome and amazing review! So much energy! You made the day for our staff! Thanks again.

"Horrible Warranty work"

fdevore1
7/2/2014 3:02:22 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Vicki

2.2

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

My 2013 Mustang GT (16K Miles) has been in the shop four time, the latest is to replace battery cables.
It took over a month for the new cables to come in. I dropped the car off on Tuesday for the work, I asked how long it would take, I was told a half a day. At 2:30 I called and was told one more hour, When I went to pickup the car they said one more hour, after an hour, they said it was going to take another day, really, to replace battery cables? I had the same process on my Jaguar and it took 4 hours. Their service department seems to have no concern for the customer, They never call back, the service advisors have no idea how long anything takes, I have never been able to talk to the service manager, when I call him.
This is not a one time issue, I had the same problem with my AC on the car and again with a hesitation issue they never could fix. They are supposed to have it done today, but I have no confidence in that, I will add further comment after I get my car back

Added: 7/3/2014 9:41:52 PM

Very sorry to hear about this difficult situation. Please call me to discuss this personally. Appreciate your candor. 808-532-1420

Added: 7/18/2014 5:30:19 PM

Our apologies for a difficult process of waiting for parts and repairs. We sincerely appreciate your patience and your honest review.
It seems ridiculous to us too! With our current sales growth we have had some serious challenges with staffing and have been very shorthanded. We are currently hiring qualified technicians to handle our increased service traffic. We know that doesn't mitigate your experience here but want you to know we are committed to improving your future experience here at Honolulu Ford.

"EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!"

KUTS
6/20/2014 4:26:15 PM

Danny AsaoDanny Asao
Daniel MorisatoDaniel Morisato
Genette TudorGenette Tudor

My Review Of Honolulu Ford Lincoln:

THE HONOLULU FORD TEAM'S PROFESSIONALISM, DEDICATION, AND ENTHUSIASM IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM GENERAL MANAGER DANNY ASAO ON DOWN WAS A MEMORABLE ONE. #1 DEALERSHIP CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE ISLAND. PURCHASING A 2014 FORD ESCAPE TITANIUM WAS OUR FIRST FORD BUT WILL NOT BE OUR LAST. WE PLAN ON VISITING HONOLULU FORD AGAIN IN THE FUTURE FOR OUR NEXT PURCHASE. 5++++++++ FOR ALL CATEGORIES. A JOB WELL DONE!!!

MAHALO NUI LOA...MARK & VICTORIA K.

Added: 7/18/2014 5:32:02 PM

YAY!! and thanks!! look forward to seeing you at our next New Owner's Clinic and Orientation.
Thanks!