Metro Ford of Madison

Metro Ford of Madison

Call
Metro Ford of Madison Info
About Metro Ford of Madison

Welcome to Metro Ford! Located in Madison, WI, Metro Ford is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in the area. From the moment you walk into our showroom, you'll know our commitment to Customer Service is second to none. We strive to make your experience with Metro Ford a good one – for the life of your vehicle. Whether you need to Purchase, Finance, or Service a New or Pre-Owned Ford, you’ve come to the right place. Call 888-485-7871 for your No-Obligation Internet Price Quote from our Internet Department.

About Metro Ford of Madison

"Excellent experience at Metro Ford "

Last week experience at Metro Ford -Madison WI, placed this dealer among the best dealers within 300 miles circle. Overall professionalism and personal sensitive approach of the Sales Manager (Kevin) as well as Sales Associate (Fred) made us to come back to buy a vehicle. It was very pleasant and very professional treatment during a negotiation phase which is helped to make a decision of buying Ford Focus. It is well recommended place to buy a car for everyone. We need to emphasized that the Sales Associate spent enough time to explain all feature on this car. He demonstrated a lot of knowledge about this vehicle.

"good service and did not feel the pressure of the sale.."

good service and experience when purchased my 2014 Escape Titanium. glad they recommended this trim package, too bad I did not listen to them on bigge chrome and bigger wheels ( 19"). overall good experience and great price.

"High pressure, rude, and trying to PAD sales prot plans"

I was in the market for a new car and decided to try Metro. After making fun of how to pronounce my name, I got a little angry and then the yes sir and politeness came out. I think this is to see how far he could push someone. They didn't have the vehicle I wanted so they said they could give me a really good deal on a 2013. So I decided to look at them. They dropped the price from around 38k MSRP to 33.9kMSRP. Before I even made a deal he was trying to sell me unneeded options like, undercoating, soundproofing, cloth protection and acted shocked when I said no. Told me he could get the "protection" packages for 50% off. And I still refused. His comment, man, I can't believe you'd spend that kind of money on a new car but wouldn't want to protect it. The entire time he is telling me how they had to meet a qouta and they would do anything to sell a car, becuase they are 1 car away etc. I walked away without buying anything and drained from the ultra high pressure sales person. When I got home I did some research and found out that Ford actually dropped the price of the 2014 model and then did the same with the left over 2013 models. So when he took the 4k off, he was charging me more for the 2013 than a new 2014. They have no integrity, they just want a uninformed customer so they can rip them off. Decided to write this review when my friend told me about his bad experience. He said when Metro took over sales & service went downhill. Won't even consider them for my future purchase. Ended up finding an honest dealer outside Madison who gave me a good deal, was honest and didn't try to sell me things I don't need.

Metro Ford of Madison responded to this review

June 03, 2014

We have read and investigated the reviewer's concerns about his recent experience with Metro Ford of Madison. This included speaking with the salesperson and the customer service agent that the reviewer had contact with over the phone as he was never in our showroom. It appears that there are differing opinions on what was spoken about and how it was perceived by the reviewer. We apologize for anything done on our end that may have offended the reviewer or for any misunderstanding. No disrespect was intended, the salesperson was simply attempting to provide information and answer questions over the phone to a customer. We will continue to work and improve our communication and customer service. Thank you.

"Excellent Overall Experience"

Freddie was a pleasure to deal with! After spending an entire Friday looking at and test driving cars I was exhausted and disappointed with what was on the market. On Saturday I stopped in to Metro Ford of Madison (WI) and talked to Freddie about a car I was interested in on the lot. Freddie listened to what I was looking for and assisted my wife and I through the entire process. He was never pushy and was always very friendly and accommodating. I am really happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend anyone in the market for a new or used car stop in and see him before they go elsewhere.

"RUN...Do not go here"

2011 I had transmission issues right before my warranty expired. Took the Escape there and they gladly told me they would service it. 2 WEEKS later (and no explanation to why they took the vehicle in IF they didn't have the parts) I finally get my SUV back with a REBUILT transmission. (Apparently Ford makes that call...or so I've been told) At the time I was just happy to get my vehicle back. Fast forward 30k miles (yet still under 100k) and I have more transmission issues...Specifically a bad right axle seal amongst other things. Upon asking them to fix this, they hid behind the warranty being expired. Not only did METRO not attempt to fix the issue they messed up, they were going to charge me AGAIN for a diagnosis that a dealership on the west side had already done. After having the vehicle repaired at a better Ford dealership on the west side, I was informed that the seal deteriorated due to containments. I still have yet to get answers from METRO how they explain a transmission being good for ONLY 30k miles and/or why there would be containments in the fluid of a rebuilt transmission. (For those wondering, Ford recommends a transmission flush at 100k) IF you want a 30k mile transmission, by all means throw your money away there. Honestly I wouldn't have them change my windshield wipers.

Mark Vanderwaal

Metro Ford of Madison responded to this review

May 01, 2014

We are sorry that the reviewer feels he had a bad experience at our dealership. Our goal at Metro Ford of Madison is to provide excellent customer service with everyone who trusts us to service their vehicle. In this instance, our service department (Capitol Ford at that time) did overhaul the transmission of the reviewer on October 6, 2011, when the vehicle had 57,246 miles on it. The transmission work was covered under the 5yr/60K mile factory warranty from Ford. The work was completed as per the guidelines from Ford and there was an additional 12 month/12K mile warranty on the parts and labor from that service. Since the vehicle now has around 87K miles on it and more than 12 months had passed the warranty on the parts and labor were unfortunately no longer in effect. This is the information that was passed along to the reviewer when he contacted our service department recently. We understand the frustration with the new repair that is needed on the vehicle. It does appear from the review that the problem is with a leaking axle seal and not the transmission itself which will certainly reduce the cost of any repairs needed. Axle seal leaks can be a problem and, when they occur, do allow dirt, salt and other debris to get into the axle joint. Thank you for the opportunity to reply to this review.

"I went here looking for a tremendous deal for a new..."

I went here looking for a tremendous deal for a new vehicle. The conditions and circumstances which I was doing this on were going to make this challenging. Paul, Lonneke, and Bill not only beat competition, they shattered their offers! I was dealing with another dealer in my community and their service made me compelled to go to Metro Ford. I would highly recommend this place and these people for anybody!! Paul was tremendous!!

"Dave Benson made the experience of purchasing my first..."

Dave Benson made the experience of purchasing my first new car a less stressful experience. I could tell he really cared about finding the right car and options for me, and not just making a sale. He was very personable and asked a variety of questions to determine my priorities and match me up appropriately. If you're considering buying and go to Metro Ford, be sure to ask for Dave!

"We purchased a new 2014 ESCAPE from Metro Ford in..."

We purchased a new 2014 ESCAPE from Metro Ford in Madison. It was by far the best service and sales that we have ever experienced. Dave Benson did a great job in answering all of our questions. Even though we had a long day at a previous dealer that didn't want to take the time with us, Dave was very patient with us in our purchase. We are very happy with our new vehicle, and we will be coming back !!!! Thank you Dave and the rest of Metro Ford Madison people. Mark & Brenda Ailes

"I got a great deal and Jerry Taylor was great to deal..."

I got a great deal and Jerry Taylor was great to deal with. My issue came with how they handled the financing. I was pre-approved by a local bank. I sat with the salesperson for a long time while they worked on the financing. At other dealerships, I was involved in the financing before then. When I walked in, he had everything already arranged. He rushed through the paperwork and I realized he had a different bank. When I asked why, he said he got a better deal with them. (He didn't - it was the same my local bank offered me). I should have called him on it then, but I didn't. Then he pulled out a poorly copied piece of paper with "extended warranty" information on it. He has 3 different levels he was offering me. I said no to all 3. Then he offered me "deals" on all 3. I again said no. Then he said - "Just for you I'm going to offer only you a special deal - don't tell management though cuz I'd get in trouble". How sleazy!! I have a feeling I was treated this way because I am a woman. A couple weeks later when I was contacted by Jerry for feedback, I asked to speak to the owner. He had Donald Utter send me an email in which he said to call him. I did repeatedly and never received a phone call back. Go ahead and buy a car there - but make sure you are involved in every step of the financing!!!!

Jerry Taylor and Donald Utter

"Metro Ford (formerly Capital) is a dealership I have had..."

Metro Ford (formerly Capital) is a dealership I have had the pleasure of working with for over 6 years now. I have had many reasons over the years to visit this dealership, but most recently I had the pleasure of visiting to purchase a used vehicle. The vehicle I just purchased is the third vehicle I have bought from Fred. Fred makes ALL the difference in where I decide to buy my vehicles. He is the most knowledgeable salesperson I have ever dealt with and is as friendly and warm as one can get. He always has an answer to my questions (believe me, I have many) and is incredibly knowledgeable about every vehicle I look at. Fred goes over and above any other salesperson I have ever dealt with. Fred is always working in my best interest and this is a very important thing to me. I am a single Mom that has very practical needs but cannot afford new vehicles. With the truck I just purchased, Fred called me the moment he learned about the truck and told me all about the vehicle and why he thought it was a great vehicle for me. And he was, once again, right on. It is a huge relief to work with a salesperson that is as genuine as Fred. My family is Ford. 30 years ago I bought my first Ford. My Uncle owned a Ford dealership. The success of Ford is built on employees that resemble Fred. Fred is Ford and I am so glad he's my salesperson.

Reviews of Fred Outhouse