Metro Ford of Madison

Kayser Ford Lincoln

Evansville Ford LLC

Unsatisfied
12/10/2015

"Still can't believe it..."

Terrible. Took the car in for spark plugs. They charged over $600! In the process, the mechanic broke another part and they wanted to charge another $150 for that repair. I refused to pay for their mistake and incompetence. The repair took more than 2 weeks! Then, when I did finally get my vehicle back the cruise control didn't work. The mechanic failed to reconnect it after finishing the plugs. I took it in to have them reconnect it and they wouldn't even admit they simply forgot. They told me the part was rusty and needed to be replaced. They did connect it and it hasn't been a problem more than 4 months later. Finally, as I was leaving, an employee came rushing out of the building and flagged me down. It was a sales person asking if I'd consider trading my vehicle in. As if I would continue to do business there! I missed several hours of work going back and forth and spending time at the dealership and was severely inconvenienced driving over 8 hours on the highway without cruise control. The only positive was the use of a loaner vehicle for 2 weeks which I drove to the UP twice rather than putting the miles on my own vehicle. Do not go here!

Service department, manager and slimey sales rep

Katelyn82970
11/12/2015

"Horrible"

I wanted to look at a vehicle that was on Ford's lot. I was emailing back and fourth with a salesmen, John, but he wasn't emailing me back to let me know if the time I asked to meet up with him would work. So I called the store and the receptionist that answered the phone was SO RUDE. She sounded mad and didn't care what I was saying. I simply asked if John was in, I didn't want to be transferred to his phone or talk to him at that time. I just wanted to know if he was there. She acted like she didn't hear my question and just transferred me to his phone. Once I met up with John things seemed to be going okay. But he wasn't excited to make a deal or anything. The only reason I'm so upset about this experience is because I work at Wilde East Towne Honda where customer service is our number one priority. The salesmen are always happy and laughing with their customers. But I guess Honda does it differently compared to Ford because John was so rude. Wouldn't make a conversation with me unless I started it. Once he bashed me about why he didn't think it was a good idea for me to get a vehicle that day, I left. He gave me his card and I threw it away as soon as I could. I will not go back to Metro Ford of Madison for anything ever again. Even if they have a vehicle that I want I will not be able to bring myself to be treated like that.

john bisbee

Unsatisfied
9/18/2015

"Negligent service"

I was charged $613 to replace all 6 spark plugs and 1 coil. This is after the $75 diagnostic fee. While doing to repairs, the mechanic broke something else and I was told that I would be charged another $140 for that! I refused to pay any more, especially for the mechanics' negligent act. I was told it would be 2 days for the part to be delivered and the repairs finished. It was 3 more days. When I did get my vehicle back the cruise control didn't work. It had to be disconnected to get to the plugs but again the mechanic was negligent and didn't reconnect it. When I called about it I was told they may have to charge another $75 diagnostic fee if there was something wrong with it. The story this time is the piece is rusty and may not hold rather than owning up to another mistake. As I left, a salesperson that had overheard my conversation with the service advisor flagged me down to ask if I'd be interested in trading in my vehicle. A free oil change and car wash won't satisfy my anger. I will not be back!

Ekaterina
7/17/2015

"The worst dealership out there"

The worst experience shopping for a car ever. The salespeople were pushy, disrespectful to my needs, did not provide all the information I inquired, tried to get me fill out a financial application just a few minutes after I got there, were not willing to communicate about what I was asking. I wrote a complaint, but never heard an apology from management. This experience turned me away from Ford all together. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

John Schurman

Marie
2/01/2015

"Rude ending to my visit."

When we got there at first things were ok. Let me look b4 helping and let me test drive. Did not show me any car fax or history on vehicle.

John Bisbee

Zalucki
7/21/2014

"Excellent experience at Metro Ford "

Last week experience at Metro Ford -Madison WI, placed this dealer among the best dealers within 300 miles circle. Overall professionalism and personal sensitive approach of the Sales Manager (Kevin) as well as Sales Associate (Fred) made us to come back to buy a vehicle. It was very pleasant and very professional treatment during a negotiation phase which is helped to make a decision of buying Ford Focus. It is well recommended place to buy a car for everyone. We need to emphasized that the Sales Associate spent enough time to explain all feature on this car. He demonstrated a lot of knowledge about this vehicle.

Fred Outhouse, Kevin Cronk

jdv8a
6/30/2014

"good service and did not feel the pressure of the sale.."

good service and experience when purchased my 2014 Escape Titanium. glad they recommended this trim package, too bad I did not listen to them on bigge chrome and bigger wheels ( 19"). overall good experience and great price.

Randy Harbort, Fred Outhouse

Sarge211
6/01/2014

"High pressure, rude, and trying to PAD sales prot plans"

I was in the market for a new car and decided to try Metro. After making fun of how to pronounce my name, I got a little angry and then the yes sir and politeness came out. I think this is to see how far he could push someone. They didn't have the vehicle I wanted so they said they could give me a really good deal on a 2013. So I decided to look at them. They dropped the price from around 38k MSRP to 33.9kMSRP. Before I even made a deal he was trying to sell me unneeded options like, undercoating, soundproofing, cloth protection and acted shocked when I said no. Told me he could get the "protection" packages for 50% off. And I still refused. His comment, man, I can't believe you'd spend that kind of money on a new car but wouldn't want to protect it. The entire time he is telling me how they had to meet a qouta and they would do anything to sell a car, becuase they are 1 car away etc. I walked away without buying anything and drained from the ultra high pressure sales person. When I got home I did some research and found out that Ford actually dropped the price of the 2014 model and then did the same with the left over 2013 models. So when he took the 4k off, he was charging me more for the 2013 than a new 2014. They have no integrity, they just want a uninformed customer so they can rip them off. Decided to write this review when my friend told me about his bad experience. He said when Metro took over sales & service went downhill. Won't even consider them for my future purchase. Ended up finding an honest dealer outside Madison who gave me a good deal, was honest and didn't try to sell me things I don't need.

Keith Frasier

Metro Ford of Madison responded to this review

June 03, 2014

We have read and investigated the reviewer's concerns about his recent experience with Metro Ford of Madison. This included speaking with the salesperson and the customer service agent that the reviewer had contact with over the phone as he was never in our showroom. It appears that there are differing opinions on what was spoken about and how it was perceived by the reviewer. We apologize for anything done on our end that may have offended the reviewer or for any misunderstanding. No disrespect was intended, the salesperson was simply attempting to provide information and answer questions over the phone to a customer. We will continue to work and improve our communication and customer service. Thank you.

nborlee
5/07/2014

"Excellent Overall Experience"

Freddie was a pleasure to deal with! After spending an entire Friday looking at and test driving cars I was exhausted and disappointed with what was on the market. On Saturday I stopped in to Metro Ford of Madison (WI) and talked to Freddie about a car I was interested in on the lot. Freddie listened to what I was looking for and assisted my wife and I through the entire process. He was never pushy and was always very friendly and accommodating. I am really happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend anyone in the market for a new or used car stop in and see him before they go elsewhere.

Fred Outhouse

Howard78
5/01/2014

"RUN...Do not go here"

2011 I had transmission issues right before my warranty expired. Took the Escape there and they gladly told me they would service it. 2 WEEKS later (and no explanation to why they took the vehicle in IF they didn't have the parts) I finally get my SUV back with a REBUILT transmission. (Apparently Ford makes that call...or so I've been told) At the time I was just happy to get my vehicle back. Fast forward 30k miles (yet still under 100k) and I have more transmission issues...Specifically a bad right axle seal amongst other things. Upon asking them to fix this, they hid behind the warranty being expired. Not only did METRO not attempt to fix the issue they messed up, they were going to charge me AGAIN for a diagnosis that a dealership on the west side had already done. After having the vehicle repaired at a better Ford dealership on the west side, I was informed that the seal deteriorated due to containments. I still have yet to get answers from METRO how they explain a transmission being good for ONLY 30k miles and/or why there would be containments in the fluid of a rebuilt transmission. (For those wondering, Ford recommends a transmission flush at 100k) IF you want a 30k mile transmission, by all means throw your money away there. Honestly I wouldn't have them change my windshield wipers.

Mark Vanderwaal

Metro Ford of Madison responded to this review

May 01, 2014

We are sorry that the reviewer feels he had a bad experience at our dealership. Our goal at Metro Ford of Madison is to provide excellent customer service with everyone who trusts us to service their vehicle. In this instance, our service department (Capitol Ford at that time) did overhaul the transmission of the reviewer on October 6, 2011, when the vehicle had 57,246 miles on it. The transmission work was covered under the 5yr/60K mile factory warranty from Ford. The work was completed as per the guidelines from Ford and there was an additional 12 month/12K mile warranty on the parts and labor from that service. Since the vehicle now has around 87K miles on it and more than 12 months had passed the warranty on the parts and labor were unfortunately no longer in effect. This is the information that was passed along to the reviewer when he contacted our service department recently. We understand the frustration with the new repair that is needed on the vehicle. It does appear from the review that the problem is with a leaking axle seal and not the transmission itself which will certainly reduce the cost of any repairs needed. Axle seal leaks can be a problem and, when they occur, do allow dirt, salt and other debris to get into the axle joint. Thank you for the opportunity to reply to this review.