Nemer Volkswagen

Call
Nemer Volkswagen Info

Volkswagen of Kingston

"Pure Greed"

I decided to lease a new vehicle to keep my expenses down being active duty Military. I leased a 2013 VW Passat TDI. For a $400 payment they required $5000 down. I was told early termination was simple. A year later I decided to retire out of the Military and knew I couldn't afford a $400 payment any more. Mike O'Toole the Manager there sat me down and told me he needed an additional $2649 to turn in my car that was perfect after a year. Total for one year was $12,449. I had no choice but to put on a credit Card the additional $2649 to terminate the lease so they could turn around and sell it and make even more profit on this deal. That's $1,037.41 a month it cost me by leasing a vehicle with Nemer Volkswagen. Never Again will the get my business or Anyone I know.

"SCAM ARTISTS AND POOR QUALITY WORK"

In December of 2013 my girlfriend and I purchased a certified pre owned 2010 Tiguan SE from Nemer. During the test drive I did a diagnostic on the car and found trouble codes for the fuel pump. I pointed these out to the salesperson and told them I would not purchase the car unless this was repaired. They agreed, and it was written as condition of the sale that those items would be repaired. A few weeks after taking deliver of the car I did another diagnostic and found the fuel pump codes had returned. This shows that Nemer never repaired the problem, they just cleared the codes and sold the car. So I brought the car to Nemer and explained that they were in violation of the terms of the sale, and they could either replace the fuel pump at their cost or buy the car back. They agreed to repair the fuel pump. So the car was left with them so they could perform the repair. When I went to pick the car up a week later, I found that while in Nemer's possession someone had backed the car into a snowbank damaging the back end. Nemer didn't even own up to the problem, I had to see it and point it out myself... and the damage was significant. Nemer took fault and agreed to repair the damage. So again the car was left with Nemer. A week later I went to pickup the car. Not only had they failed to properly repair the original damage, but now there is ADDITIONAL damage to my car. The new paint is too dark and doesn't match the car, also the paint has an orange peel texture to it. They failed to repair all of the chips on the hatch, and the chips they did repair on the bumper cover... they did not fill in before painting. So the divots can still be seen and felt through the new paint. On top of this poor-quality work they also managed to damage my right rear taillight. The lens has several deep gouges in it now. I was furious. Mike O'Toole offered to fix the car but I told him that I wouldn't let them touch it again since it has come back damaged every time. I told him the only acceptable solution would be for Nemer to pay a body shop of my choosing to do the proper repairs. He agreed. I left and went straight to a local body shop to get an estimate. Now Nemer is refusing to pay for the repairs claiming the estimate is too high ($1800). Mike O'Toole has stated that they will not pay more than "400 to 500 dollars" for the repair. This is completely unacceptable. They lied from the start and tried to pull one over on me with the fuel pump, then damaged my car, failed to repair it, and damaged my car again. I asked for their insurance information so I could file a claim, but they refused to give it to me. Too bad for them I found it out through other means and a claim has been filed. These people are worthless. DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE! I posted pictures of the damage and their poor repair job on their Facebook page, but Nemer has deleted them and blocked me from posting. Obviously they feel they have something to hide. In attempt to resolve this without court, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Mike O'Toole lied in his response to the BBB and claimed they didn't cause some of the damage, damage he previously took fault for in person. He also claimed that he got me a new tail lamp but I have not received any new tail lamp. No effort has been made by Nemer to get me the part. No one from Nemer contacted me to say it was available. Update - Nemer still refusing to pay the necessary amount to repair the damage properly. Filed in small claims court and won judgement against Nemer. (IF THIS IS AGAINST YOUR TERMS, DEALERRATER, SHOW ME WHERE! I'VE READ YOUR TERMS MULTIPLE TIMES AND THIS DOES NOT VIOLATE THEM. THIS IS A FACT SUPPORTED BY COURT DOCUMENTS! REMOVING THIS MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE BEING PAID OFF. IS DEALERRATER A SCAM TOO??) Nemer still hasn't paid. Don't do business with these clowns! Mike O'Toole lies through his teeth! Here's a lie quoted directly from Nemer's website: "#1 Rated VW Dealer in the World on DealerRater.com Wow, here's something nobody else in the world can say. Thanks you our valued customers, we are the #1 VW Dealer in the World on independent site DealerRater.com. We have more positive reviews than any other VW Dealer!" They're not #1 rated in the world, not even close. In fact, they're not even an active member on DealerRater any longer!

Mike O'Toole, Anna Halpin, Josh Masigla, Michelle Murray

"Excellent work by the Service Department during our last..."

Excellent work by the Service Department during our last service. Very friendly and helpful, and explanatory by Joshua M. Helped alot. Eric L. was very friendly and informative during our purchase. He made a big difference!

Joshua

"They listened"

As a retired older person, with agility problems, I had a shopping list of criteria that I needed in a new car. The staff at Nemer VW listened to my needs and gave me considered opinions on items that I questioned in the various models I looked at. I chose a Golf wagon, and have been very happy.

several, from different departments---all were very professional & helpful

"I was greeted within 30 seconds of arriving-my..."

I was greeted within 30 seconds of arriving-my salesperson was Maria who was brand new to the dealership. 6 hrs later I was driving a new Passat. the car din't have mats or owners manuals and Maria promised she would get them. Six weeks later I still had not heard anything so went over there to find out Maria no longer worked there. Mark took over and got me manuals and car mats and explained a lot of the things that were not explained when I got the car. So far the rest of my experience has been great.

Mark

"Exceptional Service"

The service department at Nemer VW is EXCEPTIONAL. They are always very kind and professional, they do whatever they can to accommodate your schedule and they will do the work right the first time. While this review is about my service experience, my experience in buying the care there was also very positive. Great car, great service, what more can you ask for??

The entire Service Department

"Nemer from Sales to Service is 2nd to none-Everyone is..."

Nemer from Sales to Service is 2nd to none-Everyone is always pleasant we have a 2009 Pssatt that is the best car we have owned no problems just change the oil and filter that's it. 34,000 miles and still have 5/32 of thread left on the tires. the only vehicle we have owned that we can get to Buffalo NY from Plattsburgh NY 420 miles and not have to refuel to get there and still have better than a 1/4 of tank left.

the Service Advisors

"I purchased a brand-new new Jetta Sportwagen from Nemer..."

I purchased a brand-new new Jetta Sportwagen from Nemer Volkswagen in July 2013, my first Volkswagen and first new car ever, after several decades of driving/owning used cars, most recently a Saturn SL2, for more than 15 years, one of the best cars ever made! That said, the Jetta Sportwagen I bought from Nemer is marvelous, living up to all high expectations I had for it, and the sales experience could not have been better! Sales Manager Mike O'Toole and my salesperson, Bill Varrone, are first-rate in every respect. While usually no service or repair is required in the first year, I did pick up a nail in one of my tires. The car's notification system told me right away there was a problem, and I took it in to Nemer's service department (Josh Masiglia), where the problem was identified and repaired successfully. I recommend Nemer Volkswagen sales and service in Albany (Latham), New York very highly. The Nemer dealership has made my new car purchase an excellent experience indeed!

Mike O'Toole, Bill Varrone, Josh Masiglia

"Great people to do business with... we've been..."

Great people to do business with... we've been customers since our Super Beetle in 1975! The service is top-notch and scheduling/followup is very easy.

Ann Halpin, Tracy Brown, Randi Roberts

"Never in my life have I walked out of a dealership..."

Never in my life have I walked out of a dealership completely in awe of the horrible service that was provided. I wasn't treated like a customer should have been treated. We couldn't come to an agreement and things did not work out. In an attempt to leave the building, I was blocked from exiting. I had to walk around the sales person to even reach the door. I was constantly harassed while trying to leave and enter my vehicle. Two sales men followed me out of the building yelling and cursing at myself and another individual who was with me. Nemer VW, is this how you expect your employees to act? Cursing and harassing customers who have been loyal to your dealership in the past? I am appalled at the type of service that was provided. You should be ashamed to allow your employees to act the way they did.

Mike Greene