My Review Of Quality Imports Toyota:
A few comments to explain my ratings:
1. I have never experienced a service advisor like Gary Reynolds before. He gave me confidence that the dealership that he represented was honest and staffed by competent mechanics who would do their best to provide the service that I required. I felt comfortable dealing with Quality Imports because of him; there are many horrors stories of tourists receiving poor &/or over-priced service. Gary came to speak to me several times during my 3 hours at Quality Imports to keep me informed about the progress of work completed and still to be done.
After the mechanics had diagnosed the problem, Gary made it clear that I had options. I could have the work done by Quality Imports in Florida or, because of the nature of the problem diagnosed, I could have the work done when I returned home. I felt no pressure to have the work done immediately, which considering the estimated cost of the work was appreciated. In my opinion, Gary was knowledgeable and, even though an employee of Quality Imports, he was understanding about my concerns about having expensive work done far from home.
Dealing with Gary Reynolds gave me a good feeling about having brought my Toyota RAV to Quality Imports for service.
2. I really have no way of assessing the quality of work. the oil & filter change was done as expected. I am not a mechanic and, therefore, I can not assess whether the diagnosis of the problem associated with the 3 caution lights that were lit up was correct or not. In that regard, I can only rely on the first impressions (received from Gary Reynolds) that the mechanic was competent and not attempting to "up sell" parts and labour.
3. In my opinion, my comment about price being "bad" or even "very bad" is a fair comment. To pay over $800.00 for a canister, regardless of its function, seems exorbitant. It may be a Toyota, but those kinds of prices cause one to consider whether there is value in buying a Toyota....
4. In summary:
- would I return to Quality Imports - absolutely, yes.
- would I consider buying another Toyota - and I have previously owned a Corolla, Camry and now a RAV - maybe not. The prices associated with initial purchase price and after purchase servicing are climbing steeply relative to other brands and the reliability of Toyotas is not what it used to be.
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes | No