Rudy Luther Toyota

8805 Wayzata Boulevard, Golden Valley, Minnesota 55426 Closed 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Hours
Call (763) 222-2020

Tony Zemke

Stacey Rydman, Finance, Rudy Luther Toyota

Stacey Rydman

February 23, 2017

"You Won't Find a More Honest and Customer Focused Salesman"

- DaveH

I recently found myself with my daughter, who is completing her education in Minnesota, over 400 miles away from home with a broken down car. She took her vehicle for service to Rudy Luther Toyota, and we soon learned the car required repairs beyond it's value. I was faced with having to help my daughter find car in Minneapolis while I was 400 miles from her in my own Kansas town. I did a search on sales staff at the Rudy Luther dealership. The name Tony Zemke came up multiple times as someone who folks had great experiences with. I reached out to Tony and told him we wanted to lease a RAV4 from him in Minneapolis, but register the car in Kansas since the car would be returning to Kansas in the future. Tony said he would get back to me with prices and how the process would work. Tony came back to me in short order and explained that while he could lease us the vehicle, and have us register the car in Kansas, he wouldn't do it. I ask why, he explained it was possible, but would cause us many issues when we went to register the car, and make a real mess. He said I should look to a dealer here in Kansas to handle the transaction. I've never had a salesman walk away from business before and point me to another dealer in a different town. This really showed me Tony is honest, and puts the customer first. Tony then went on to help me through the process of having his dealership buy my daughter's old car, at a very fair price. This was no quick and easy task, with lots of forms back and forth. And on top of things, I bet he didn't make a dime on this either. If all of this effort wasn't enough to show me Tony is a great guy, when my daughter came back to the dealership to pick up some personal items Tony had retrieved for her from her old car, Tony went above and beyond again. At the time she was driving her new RAV4 she had picked up from me in Kansas. She explained she had flown home to pick up the car, and hadn't had the opportunity for the Kansas dealership to go over the car with her, so she was still getting familiar with it. Tony asked her if he could answer any questions for her, then offered for her to come back when she had more time, and he would provide her with a full overview of the car, and how to operate all the features. Basically do a delivery for her as if she had bought the car from him. He had my vote before, but this was a big helping of icing on the cake. Tony is the real deal. If in the future I am in the market to purchase a new Toyota, I would not hesitate to make the trip to Minneapolis and buy from Tony. I would encourage you to do the same. You won't be sorry. By the way, Tony called me tonight just to check in and make sure my check for the old car had arrived, and if I had any additional questions. Absolutely extraordinary customer service.

January 18, 2017

"Customer Oriented"

- MDesch

I purchased a new vehicle almost 4 years ago with the assistance of Tyler Hill. He was very knowledgeable, great listener, and very professional. Tyler demonstrated above and beyond my perspective of excellent customer service that I returned to purchase another vehicle last year with his assistance. Thank you so much Tyler! One super happy customer here.

November 25, 2016

""The Luther Disadvantage" What the Hecker!"

- Cruiser08

I own a 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser. A Luther Toyota service writer quoted $60 to program a new OEM Toyota remote and cut an additional key. He estimated 30 min or so to complete the job. When I showed up 30 min later, the same service writer who gave the quote said he made a mistake and it would be an additional $30-35 to cut the key. I agreed because I wanted to get the work done and get to a business appointment. After waiting on site almost 2 hours with no update, I went to the service dept to find out the status and was told they knew nothing about my land cruiser. The service writer who signed me in had left for the day and forgot to log out of his computer, so other service writers couldn't see my service ticket. They stated that they could not program a new remote because of an antenna code in my computer. The tech came out and explains to me and the service writer that it could be many hours of repair in order to program an additional remote. I advised that I was going to go to Walser Toyota and was not happy after waiting over 2 hours with no communication and no additional remote programmed. I went to Walser Toyota Bloomington after leaving Luther Toyota. In 45 min I left Walser Toyota with my new remote programmed, working correctly. There were no codes in my computer preventing programming. The Walser service tech had no troubles and everything programmed exactly as it was supposed to. CLEARLY THE LUTHER TOYOTA TECH IS INCOMPETENT AND UNPROFESSIONAL. If I went to a GM dealer requesting to repair my Toyota, I would expect them not to know how to do the fix. But if I go to a Toyota OEM dealer, I expect them to know how to work on a Toyota Land Cruiser. That evening, I decided to call the service manager of Luther Toyota to let him know what happened. He verified the sequence of events and explained he would get back to me that Saturday to discuss after doing more research. He never returned my call. Moral of the story: IF YOU OWN A TOYOTA, WANT IT FIXED CORRECTLY, DON'T WANT TO BE SWINDLED AND LIED TO IN ORDER TO GET MORE $ OUT IF YOU, THEN DO NOT DO SERVICE WORK AT LUTHER TOYOTA. WALSER TOYOTA IS PROFESSIONAL & MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAN LUTHER TOYOTA.

New 2016 Toyota Corolla, $23185