Stoops Buick GMC

Stoops Buick GMC

Call
Stoops Buick GMC Info
About Stoops Buick GMC

Our Mission Statement is simple. "Building long term relationships with our customers is the central focus of everything we do."We build success through mutually beneficial relationships with our customers. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and associates. We earn trust with integrity and honor in all of our behaviors. We prepare ourselves for performance excellence though training and practice. We acknowledge and correct our mistakes so they are not repeated. We are considerate of the needs, preferences, and feelings of all persons. We bring value to our community through corporate responsibility and civic involvement.

About Stoops Buick GMC

• Exclusive Rewards for Sales/Service
  • Super Clean & Sanitized bi-weekly restrooms
Wlc007
12/19/2014

"A Dealership that really cares about its customers!"

Update 12/19/2014- After expressing my concerns, Stoops did reach out to me based on my disappointment below. They felt that the tires were fine but wanted to try and make things right so they offered to replace the tires that were dry rotting and having issues with a brand of tire I felt better about and stated they wound give $400 towards a new set of tires and I would have to pay $532.68. Although this was not what I felt should be what to pay, it is important to be fair about the process. Had I bought the car with brand new tires, Stoops would have had to add the price of new tires into the costs/price of the vehicle. It's very important to say that these people at Stoops in Plainfield are good people and they did treat me fairly and with great respect. I want to say thank you to all of them and I look forward to doing more business with Stoops Buick and will recommend them to everyone who is seeking to buy a car. Thank you Stoops for caring about me and my family and our safety. - Written 12/16/2014 I purchased a 2011 Certified Pre Owned vehicle. Even bought additional warranty. After driving on the highway over the weekend after buying it I experienced severe vibration when breaking so took it back for service check. They replaced the front rotors ( remember, this CPO car went through a 172 point inspection just days before i bought it and the salesman proudly showed me this multiple times times during the negotiations), and it seemed to eliminate the severe vibrations. However only a few weeks later during my travels I experienced unusual tugging on the front end on slow speeds and then still vibrations in the steering wheel on the interstate. So, I took a look at the tires and there is severe cracking all along the sidewalls on all four tires. As though they are severely dry rotted. So I took it back into to service again. After waiting for the service tech for 45 minutes, he came back and told me I would need to spend approximately $1000 for a new set of tires. Now I've had this certified prep wend vehicle for 60 days and only driven it 2000 miles, with all the vibration issues they are claiming the tires are not covered. I have submitted a complaint to GM Certified preowned division and the Indiana Better Business Bureau. It saddens me that as nice as everyone was, knowing the severe and dangerous tire issues, they would do this. So I tell you, everyone thinking of buying a certified preowned vehicle, this dealer had tire shine on the tires making them look new and used the framework of tire depth in the 172 point inspection to quite frankly bamboozle me into thinking the tires were fine so they could have me thinking I was acquiring a CPO vehicle with good tires. Now they are trying to have me buy tires for it after having it 60 days and two service appointments by claiming they are not warranted. This is not a good honorable Certified preowned vehicle experience and sadly has everyone fooled about this dealers reputation. Make it right Mr Stoops, you know you can so I can let everyone know that you were honorable and selling truly Certified Pre Owned Vehicles.

Finance Department

Markmedsur
7/28/2014

"Stoops? Forget it! "

I emailed these people about Mid July , 2014, so not too long ago and got a reply and call from this guy named Joe. I asked him about the car and he said it was in MINT condition! I was looking at a newly listed 1998 Cadillac Deville with the Canvas top---black and gray. It only had 28000 original miles on it. I requested and he sent some additional pictures and it was still kind of hard to see everything but it did look good and he insisted I would not be disappointed, so I decided to drive almost 2 hours to see it from Eastern Illinois. When I got there I was immediately disappointed as he knew I was right there since I had just text him at a stop moments before ---- and I had to ask for him when I came in the door. The car was no good. There were a couple of scratches that had rust already starting on the driver's side towards the back on the upper panel. It looked like it had not been waxed for a long time too. Then I noticed the power antenna was busted. Then the tires were old and one had much more mileage on it than the other three! Finally we drove it and the brakes were about shot as I had to push real hard with much resistance to get the car to stop. It also smelled hot when we parked it and it was not even a hot day as July in IL/Indy has not been in the 90s as usual but only the 70s and low 80s! They wanted 5900 plus tax, title and license and Joe said NO MOVEMENT--its sold as is and he said ---we have not even had our mechanics do an inspection or anything to it so that is the way it is! I said well good bye and I went home very irritated that he had said it was MINT and it was far from Mint condition. He later had the nerve to call me when I was half home and ask if I would offer him a price. I'm like---get out of here. You had your chance when I was there. I later sent a text message to him and asked him if he'd give me some gas money and he text me NOPE......this guy is arrogant and does not even have a good personality. Another apparent and typical car sales man who does not know what the truth means and apparently does not understand what MINT means on a car! Do not buy this car for 5900. Its only worth about 3500 at the most. IT even smelled kind of hot after I drove it for a few moments. I wanted this for a collector car as it had low mileage and I collect older Cadillacs but no way on this one! FAR from Mint...not even good or safe with those brakes! Joe Hayes, you need to learn how to deal with people, OK? Thank you , Mark A....

Stoops Buick GMC responded to this review

August 01, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff and management team at Stoops Buick-GMC, we wanted to apologize for your experience. We have taken steps to improve the communication between our entire sales & management team. If you would like to call me so we may discuss this personally, my number is 317-268-7102. Respectfully, Jim Meyers General Manager.

toni.nickless
7/13/2014

"Great man to buy a car from!"

From the time he answered the phone (late) until we drove off the lot, Steve Willet was very informative, helpful and courteous. We bought a 2012 Buick Lacrosse on Sat. July 12th and were very happy with the whole experience. We will recommend them to our friends and family. Oh and Steve the Stone Creek restaurant was great! Thanks for the fried green tomatoes!!

LynnClark
4/27/2014

"Chuck's The Man"

Came from Muncie, IN to look at at a 2012 Enclave we found on the website. We called on the road ahead of time, when we got there Chuck Sechrest had the car ready and waiting for us. Awesome service, not a detail overlooked and we got the care we were looking for! We without a doubt will be back to see Chuck for our next vehicle.

timbudd
4/02/2014

"Last fall, we came into Stoops. We have known Jim Jarvis..."

Last fall, we came into Stoops. We have known Jim Jarvis for several years. He introduced us to Steve Willett. Steve worked with us through the whole vehicle purchase process. Steve is GREAT to work with. There was no pressure at any time, he answered all our questions and concerns to our satisfaction and we ended up with a really good deal. We leased a 2014 Buick Enclave. One of the main reasons was for our trips to Florida and a good all around safe vehicle. Our trip to Florida was a real joy this year. We had room to pack everything, the ride was very nice, no road noise and we felt safe. And the other best part was the gas milage. We got over 24 MPG and that was running 70-80 on the interstate with all the other traffic. We would highly recommend going to Stoops and working with Steve and Jim. Tim and Lora Budd

Jim Jarvis

thensley
3/15/2014

"Stoops helped me get a great car! My experience there was..."

Stoops helped me get a great car! My experience there was terrific and unexpected. The car I got will help me in with my daily job of helping moms and their babies. Thank you!

FernandaGreen
2/08/2014

"I'm a new citizen of the United States,I have been..."

I'm a new citizen of the United States,I have been trying to establish my credit in this country. I have been looking for a car for some time I have a lot of dealer ships by my house in Fishers - Indiana, but unfortunately I noticed the dealers over here had no interest to help me to get the car I was looking for so I decided to shop online and I found the car I wanted a GMC Terrain 2012 and the next thing I knew I was driving in a brand new 2014 GMC Terrain home:) Thanks for the Stoops team and a special thanks for Julie Clay for being so kind and honest. Thanks, Fernanda and Amy Green

bpbyrd
12/16/2013

"Spent a Saturday looking around for a truck. Went to..."

Spent a Saturday looking around for a truck. Went to several dealerships and Stoops was the only one where I could get out of my car and look for a vehicle without getting heckled. Once I entered the sales room I was greeted by Mr. Kent Fisher. Deal went without any issues as Mr. Jim Jarvis (Sales Manager) took no time at all to accept my deal. Overall, great people to deal with and extremely customer friendly. I would highly recommend this dealership to any first time or experienced vehicle purchaser.

tbishop944
8/10/2013

"Sales staff did great job.an was very helpful. The..."

Sales staff did great job.an was very helpful. The Finance person was good AFTER he took time away from visiting with his friend an did his job. The time waiting almost made me walk away. The only reason I did not was the sale man I worked with. That is why the overall experience was not great

pwande3
3/01/2013

"They provide excellent service in every area of the..."

They provide excellent service in every area of the business. They have always treated me like family! I would highly recommend Stoops Dealership to everyone. THANKS!

Randy ?