I am very disappointed to the quality of the vehicle of 2019 RDX. We had the same RDX model but in 2011, but never had any of the issues/experience like this new 2019 model. Here is our story,
We purchased the 2019 RDX at the end of Octorber, 3 months ago. and everything looked fine at the beginning. However, within 2 weeks of the date of purchase, I found there are couple issues,
1. there was rattle noise around the cup holder/transmission gear area;
2. when open the tailgate, there is a huge noise when the tailgate reaches the top.
so I brought the car back to the service department, and they kind of fixed the tailgate issues address above because the first issue was coming back. and alone with that, I discovered more issues.
1. the same rattle noise around the cup holder/transmission gear area;
2. back door on the passenger side had a little gap after close the door.
3. day/night mode changes even outside environment has not
4. dynamic drive mode unavailable
5. no media after start off the vehicle
so I brought the car back again to the service department. But this time, technician only fixed the door gap (#2), the rattle noise came back on the second day, and the issues #3 - #5 were not able to fix since they couldn't spot it when they were doing the test.
I took a photo and made a short video clip of the (#3 and #4) issues and sent it to the dealer service adviser. they asked me to bring the car back AGAIN to get the issues fixed. And I did. They worked on the known issues for about 4 days then I got the car back; but I spotted the same the same rattle noise AGAIN the next day morning.
So, what is going on here ACURA. Four service trips in less than 3 months for a brand new car? Did your technician fixed the right place for the issue? The quality of the car is very very disappointing. Honestly, if possible, I would like to get my refund.