Dean Team Volkswagen of Kirkwood

Sales Representative
John Townsend, Sales & leasing Representative, Dean Team Volkswagen of Kirkwood

Sales & leasing Representative

November 12, 2018

"Awesome in a bad time "

- Jdye15

John was awesome and extremely understanding, even when my mom's ADHD kicked into high gear. Thank you for your help and patience it made my bad weekend end on a positive note.

November 04, 2018

"The best "

- Jayone

Very good at car sales nice and friendly out good fast service and no bs he knows what he’s doing and he is very very good

November 03, 2018

"BEYOND HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE"

- ZiggyAlan87

I bought a 2014 Tiguan R-Line 4 Motion from Dean Team Kirkwood, which John Townsend was my salesman. It looked like a beautiful car, low milage, no accidents, couldnt be happier. Figuring that I am also buying a Volkswagen from a Volkswagen dealership and not your typical discount XYZ car dealership, I would be in good hands with the car being looked over and in good shape before it leaves the lot. John Townsend assured me the car was looked over and all good to go. It was not!!! After driving it 475 miles to Wisconsin to visit family, which I was showing them all the features on the car. When I turned on the car, it started SMOKING! The fog light assembly was busted and the bulb popped out burning a hole through my bumper. I was informed by my mechanic it must have been out since the time of the purchase. My cabin filter was filthy and needed to be replaced, my brake pads need replacing, my tires are bald in the middle and I was curious why they were louder then normal. The car was NOT looked at properly. When I flew from Oklahoma City to St Louis to pick up the car, I counted $7,000 cash for a down payment in front of John Townsend on his desk. I asked if he wanted to recount it to be sure and he said "No, we're good. I saw it" and leaves to his managers office. He comes back shortly later and says "Oh, well we are $100 short" and takes a $100 bill from my money pile sitting on top of my bank envelope in front of me on his desk and says "i'll be right back". Me being dazed and confused about the situation, I shuttered it off for the moment and gave it a few days to think about what just happened and process everything that happened. Whether I really was $100 short or if John Townsend pocketed my extra $100, i honestly do not know. I was also promised by John Townsend that because Im already getting a military discount, they could not lower the price any further, not even $50. John assured me though that I would get a free t-shirt or souvenir which apparently he meant swag bags which are for new car purchases only, not used. I'm still waiting on a T-shirt to be mailed to me. I called the general manager Collin Burns about my concerns and shortly afterwards John Townsend calls me on his mobile phone on a serious rampage YELLING AT ME, dropping F bombs and all sorts of profanity, he threatened me to never blame him for theft as he does not do that and was extremely demanding. I suffer from anxiety and after that call, I was in distress and having anxiety attacks for the rest of the day. While it seems like everyone else had a good experience with John Townsend, I certainly did not. I feel like I got used, treated unfairly and I would definitely not back to John Townsend or this dealership ever again. I am already getting in touch with my attorney if legal action should be taken.

Used 2015 Ford F-150