Gray-Daniels Toyota

Willie  Thorton, Internet Manager, Gray-Daniels Toyota

Willie Thorton

Internet Manager

August 24, 2018

"I will only buy from Cedrique"

- BusyMomOf2

My husband and i went to every dealership around. And Cedrique was the only one who was not a pushy sales man. He wanted to make sure we got what we wanted. He spent days working with me. He made such an impression that when we came back to buy our next car, we waited around till he was finished with his previous customer, we didn’t want to bother with anyone else. He stayed late to make sure we were take Care of before he left. Now when he sees me he always makes it a point to come say hello and chat with me. He is a great guy and a terrific salesman. We love Toyota but if he goes to a different dealership we will follow him!

Cedrique Kelly

August 24, 2018

"Great friendly guy"

- BusyMomOf2

When im getting my Toyota serviced , as soon as i pull up i look for Jerry. He is so helpful and friendly. I dont really want to work with anyone else

Jerry Brister

August 18, 2018

""Try before you Buy" rental was a waste of time and money"

- Lawn Ranger

As a long time owner of multiple Toyota vehicles, I no longer shop for any other make due to Toyota's great dependability and low maintenance cost proven by many years of personal experience. I'm planning to purchase a new Tundra SR5 or Limited CrewMax to replace my older/smaller Tundra and wanted to rent a 2018 Tundra from Gray Daniels for a weekend to be sure I wanted the Tundra and not a Tacoma. I called the dealership on Friday morning to confirm that they had a Tundra CrewMax Limited or Platinum available and was told that they had two Platinum vehicles for immediate rental. I reserved one of the vehicles and that afternoon made the 90 mile trip to the dealership with a scheduled pickup time of 3:30 PM. I arrived, completed the rental contract and paid for the $207 weekend fee and was told that the vehicle would be brought to the pickup area. As I waited, the rental agent updated me a couple of times to let me know that the vehicle was not ready and would be available shortly. I wasn't in a rush, so the delay, although unexpected, wasn't a problem. She was apologetic and told me that she was going to apply a $35 credit to my account for the delay, which was a nice gesture. After waiting an hour, the vehicle was brought to the pickup area and instead of the Platinum vehicle I was expecting (bucket seats, floor shifter, upgraded entertainment system, etc.), it was a TRD Offroad version with lift kit and oversized offroad tires, bench seat, column shifter, rubber floor mats, etc. I told the rental agent that wasn't what I wanted for a test drive and that it wouldn't give me the ride and feel of the vehicle I was considering for purchase. She told me that was all that she had available and didn't offer an explanation as to why one of the two Platinum vehicles were not available, so since I had driven 90 minutes to pick it up and had already completed the contract, I took it and drove it for the weekend. Needless to say, although the Tundra TRD Offroad is an awesome vehicle for the right customer, it was a waste of time and money for me. I didn't get the feel of the bucket seats, floor console and upgraded entertainment system, for interstate driving the offroad tires were noisy and on two-lane roads the offroad tires and lift kit made the ride very rough. The radio antenna was also missing, so I couldn't use the radio as I got nothing but static when I tried. I pointed out the missing antenna during the walk-around when I picked up the vehicle (to be sure I wouldn't be accountable for replacing it upon return) and the rental agent only commented that it had been like that since the truck was added to the rental fleet. This isn't intended to be a negative review of the Tundra TRD Offroad as that's exactly what people who purchase it and add the lift kit and tires want. It just wasn't what I wanted to drive to help me make a decision on a purchase. Bottom line. Although the rental agent was friendly and efficient, I spent $200+ and drove 180 mile round trip to rent a vehicle that wasn't what I reserved and still haven't had the opportunity for an extended test drive of a "normal" Tundra vehicle, so my decision to purchase has been deferred for now. If you reserve a rental from Gray Daniels, don't count on getting the vehicle you think you are renting and be prepared to wait awhile to drive away in it when you get there. UPDATE TO EARLIER REVIEW: Shortly after submitting the review above, I was contacted through DealerRater's messaging portal by Gray-Daniels General Jody Archer and was invited to contact him regarding a refund of my rental fee. Before I had an opportunity to respond, Cassandra Melvin in the rental department contacted me via phone, apologized for the experience and informed me that I would be receiving a refund for the full amount of the weekend rental fee. While I did not expect a full refund since I had driven the vehicle for the weekend, the gesture is much appreciated and demonstrates that Gray-Daniels is willing to go the extra mile to make things right and to ensure that customers are satisfied. I have amended my initial ratings for Customer Service and Price to reflect the overall experience.

Cassandra Melvin