Heritage Toyota Catonsville

Crystal Pierre, Assistant Service Manager, Heritage Toyota Catonsville

Crystal Pierre

Assistant Service Manager

January 13, 2019

"Jay Mboh at Heritage, Catonsville is EXCELLENT!"

- jessyv

My experience buying a car at Heritage was excellent. This is due to Jay Mboh's excellent customer service. He explained everything to me so patiently. He was able to give me a very good deal! He knew everything about my car and answered all my questions. Jay even took me to the car and showed me how to setup everything. I had a very enjoyable experience buying my car.

Jay Mboh

January 05, 2019

"Exemplary service experience"

- poughkmn

I wanted to thank Alec Breslaw for going well beyond the extra mile to help ease my mind after an incident I had in my new Tacoma this past week. I was driving at night several days ago in the rain, and decided at the last moment to pull into a gas station. I didn't know the road and wasn't seeing it very well apparently. To my very unhappy surprise I felt my truck bouncing over a median in the center of the road as I made the left turn into the station. While the truck seemed to be perfectly alright afterwards, I was upset and worried, and realized I should have it inspected as soon as possible to make sure I didn't mangle something underneath. (Spoiler: the truck really was fine. Chalking it up it's tough design!) So anyway, the next day I reached out to Tyler Day (my sales person) and asked if he could help get my truck in for inspection asap. He assured me he would. What I didn't expect however was for Alec in Service to reach out to me at the end of his long day (it was after 8pm!) to make sure my appointment was set. Talk about dedication! I was extremely impressed. He really deserves to be commended for that. The next morning I had the truck in the service bay, thanks to Alec. My peace of mind was immediately restored, and I was not charged a dime for the courtesy. I have met nothing but great people at Heritage in Catonsville, and I felt they gave me a really great deal on my purchase as well. I just want to give credit where it's due. Thank you Alec, thank you Heritage.

Tyler Day
Alec Breslaw
Eric Hammer

December 24, 2018

"Breach of Trust at Heritage Toyota Catonsville, Maryland"

- Texan

The Toyota Highlander 2016 that I purchased from the Heritage Toyota Catonsville, Maryland was making a noise after starting it. I looked under the hood, it seemed like Water Pump was shaking and hoses were rattling. On December 08, 2018 at 12:30 PM, I took the vehicle to Heritage Toyota dealer for 45,000 factory recommended checkup. I have taken the vehicle for all oil changes and factory recommended maintenances to this dealer since I purchased the vehicle. The service Advisor after checking me in said it was $89 plus taxes but I showed him a different price that dealership has advertised on its website. He said sorry it was a mistake on his part and gave me the website price. I waited inside dealership during service, at the end of service Advisor showed me what was performed and asked me to pay for services. He said everything is perfect, you are good to go. That statement surprised me, I am not a mechanic, but I could hear the noise from engine and could see the water pump shaking. I told advisor about it and he said you should have told us that in advance. I replied, then why I come to you for maintenance and pay for inspection if I diagnose the issue and tell you what is wrong. The maintenance report was inaccurate and misleading, it said all hoses were checked and they are good to go. I asked him to let me speak to a mechanic who performed those tasks mentioned in report. The advisor first argued and said it was my fault that I didn’t tell them about noise in advance. He then agreed to get vehicle re-checked by a foreman. After 30 minutes or so he came and said yes highlander’s water pump is not good and the mechanic ignored to ask foreman about it. Advisor said good news is that it’s still under warranty, so we will fix it at no cost and they did. In my view, this is a big breach of trust. I have trusted this dealer for years and now it shows that they even didn’t do a basic checkup recommended by factory and were misleading me. I would have been on road somewhere with my family and water pump would have not worked and leaked everything. This was a huge safety risk and issue. The services performed by dealer were not good or not performed at all. This shows that dealer probably never performed any factory recommended services in past either and didn’t change oil or rotated tires. In two years the tires went bad and I changed it. Brakes went bad and I changed pads. All those under 40k miles were surprising. I ask you to look into it and tell me how you are performing your quality control checks and why are your reports misleading? You have jeopardized our safety and charged me for year for the services you have not performed. I have all the receipts and documents showing what I have said in this letter. I also have a copy of your checklist showing everything is perfect and was performed for 45k miles and nothing was wrong with it.

Used 2013 Kia Sorento, $11750