Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown - Service Center

119 Lifetime Service Reviews

1955 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

119 Reviews of Mercedes Benz of Hagerstown - Service Center

November 07, 2018

"Great Experience every and anytime I go in ."

- Luisg1369

Great Sales Staff Mr. Obrien is awesome , Great service , Service advisor are highly helpful and knowledgeable and the ladies at the cashier they get you in and out with a smile ..

Adam Himmelwright
Elizabeth Kerns
Woody OBrien
Nov 07, 2018 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Your 5 star rating means a lot to our team! Thank you for your business.

June 04, 2018

"Sprinter Service"

- fleetguy222

Alex wasn't helpful, almost confrontational. Finally spoke with Service Manager before feeling like I was dealing with a company that wanted my business and was capable of answering my questions.

Jun 06, 2018 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Thank you for leaving this feedback about your experience with our service department. We would like to hear more about your visit please contact us directly at 301-733-2301 so that we can work to come to a resolution. Thank you, Justin Harbert

June 04, 2018

"Sprinter service"

- fleetguy222

Service adviser seemed to not want to answer all questions and was not helpful. Spoke with Service manager before feeling like I was dealing with someone who wanted my business.

Jun 06, 2018 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

We are sorry to see that you did not have a great experience at our dealership and would like to hear more about your visit please contact us directly at 301-733-2301 so that we can work to come to a resolution. Thank you, Justin Harbert

April 09, 2018

"Fraudulent Estimate"

- Reid

I took my car for an oil change and was told that it would be $7,500 to fix an additional problem. According to them my car had a cracked head gasket. I did not think that sounded correct so I picked up my car and asked for a printed estimate, After much confusion and waiting, I got a white piece of paper with parts listed (no price with each), total of parts at the bottom, and total labor (no hours listed). That is not an estimate. I was very suspicious of this so I made an appointment at Euro Motorcars of Germantown, Maryland for a 99 point check. They did not charge me to put it on the machine and do the 99 point check nor did they charge me for the loaner. The result: My car needs no work at this time. I also took it to a non Mercedes dealer and had the same result; you need no work at this time. I have gotten all this information in writing. Now I wonder how many times I was told something was wrong and charged an outrageous price for something that wasn't really a problem. I am putting this out there so that everyone can beware of this dealership. I know that most people do not have that kind of money to throw away and even if they did they would prefer to spend it on something else.

2.0
Other Employees : Joseph Flook
Apr 09, 2018 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Ms. Reid, Thank you for leaving us this feedback and let me personally apologize for my team providing a less than excellent experience. I have discussed what occurred with my service manager and reviewed the vehicle’s service history. After his discussion with you and a full refund of the last service bill when this occurred in February, he felt and that there was going to be an opportunity to allow us to perform further free diagnostic work on what we believe to be a slow internal coolant leak that has created a low coolant situation intermittently for nearly 2 years. I am sorry that you have lost trust in our dealership and thank you for your business over the previous years and want to let you know that our offer stands to assist in the future if/when the coolant light comes on again. As discussed, we will still offer to work with the manufacturer and assist in goodwill should the car need the full repair as quoted. While your car may not need the full repair at this time, we clearly didn’t communicate well in that manner. We took a small problem and created a large one, without proper clarification or details. And that mistake, I take full responsibility for and apologize. If I can be of further assistance, please reach out to me directly, Regards, Justin Harbert General Manager 301-733-2301

Apr 24, 2018 -

December 18, 2017

"Service Experience at Drivemb"

- reza59

Alex Folz and Pierce Miller my service advisors were very helpful and friendly. Took their time to explain the issue. repair was done in time farme as explained.

Dec 19, 2017 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Thank you for this review, we are so glad to know that you received amazing customer service.

September 16, 2017

"Top Notch"

- Austin A

Simply one of the best service centers I've experience. I recently owned a Lexus and MBoH makes the Lexus service center of Rockville look like amateur hour: where volume takes precedent over customer service. MBoH service center offers top notch customer service of the few times I've visited. This has taken place over many years, of the three new vehicles I've purchased from MBoH. Alex, Adam, Pierce, and Marty, along with others, comprise a solid team. Keep up the great work. Regards, Austin A.

Adam Himmelwright
Marty Gillions
Sep 18, 2017 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Thank you Austin for being such a great loyal customer we appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again in the future.

August 17, 2017

"GREAT SERVICE"

- gerry

I want to say working with Pierce and his team is the only good experience I have with my car. I purchase my car just little over a year a go and it seems to be having transmissions problem. Mercedes Benz of USA don't think the problem should be covered on the warranty because a code is not showing up. If you are driving and the car is shaking when it shifts between 5 and 7 guars there is something wrong besides general maintenance. The car shakes some times so bad that is seems like its going to cut out. On the upside Pierce and his team has come up with something to help me and I am thankful. But this is my first and last Mercedes. I will go back to the BMW.

Aug 21, 2017 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

We are sorry to hear you had problems, but want to do anything possible to help remedy these. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with us with these issues, however. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

May 23, 2017

"From Ohio to Hagerstown"

- jevanswslife

No matter the vehicle you purchase, you'd like to be treated fairly. Human nature dictates that if your purchase is on the high end, then certainly your expectations will reside at the high end. But let me stress that no matter where a person resides on that line, you deserve to have the product you purchased serviced properly. This sad saga, which Lisa saved, started in Ohio. My wife was so impressed with the layout of the facility and how the staff treated us as customers. It was a lengthy process, even though I came with cash. That evening, we rode home in a used, late model sedan. It was everything we expected of this model. In fact, this was my third S550. There was an imperfection in the windshield and the dealer provided an IOU. They'd cover the cost - no problem. And of course, you've got to get tags from the dealer along with the purchase. But we made the purchase in Ohio and we live in Maryland. No big deal, right? Well, to make an incredibly long story short, after four months of the Ohio dealer not being able to schedule the windshield replacement in Maryland, I happened to explain my situation to Lisa. Now mind you, I am cutting a whole lot of drama out of this situation. It had gotten so bad that the dealer would no longer (it seemed) to take my calls and the windshield replacement representative just said the heck with it and went on vacation. When I called them again, the next representative answering the phone said, 'well, she's on vacation, I'll see if I can contact her.' Throughout the many, many phone calls, it seemed as if I were the bad guy because I was merely attempting to get the darn windshield replaced, as the dealer in Ohio promised. Not to mention all this time, I still do not have a valid title. First they transferred the plate from the vehicle I traded-in. Then after 30 days, my salesman calls to ask what's the number on the temp plate so they can replace it. I told them, we took the plates from my old vehicle. In addition, the registration on that vehicle is good until November so why do I need a temporary plate - at that point, not knowing it was going to take four months to get my title and registration. Besides, I'm not going to take off a regular plate and replace it with a cardboard temp plate!!! All these things are weighing heavy. Not to mention how would I explain to the police, if I got pulled over (for speeding ... lol), why I was driving this car that had the plates registered to another vehicle. So I'm carrying the burden of the windshield, the plates and registration, the thought in the back of my mind about being pulled over (believe me I did NOT speed during this period of time); and nothing seeming to happen as it was supposed to. Previously, I asked the Hagerstown dealership if they did windshield replacements. No. They use an external company. So I'm thinking there's no need to ask them that question again. Anyway, after it's all said and done, my compressor gives out. Great. Not only does it give out, it gives out while I'm driving. So the dash board lights up all in Red and says, PULL OVER NOW! I was 12 miles away from the Hagerstown dealership. I had the choice, do I pull over now or can I chance making it another 12 miles. Everything felt ok. No shakes. In fact, there was no change in the ride. I took the chance and I made it. I drove directly into the service bay. Alex was there to greet me. I warned you this was a long story. I'm making it as short as I can. Anyway, the car is now in for service because the compressor is shot. I think the cost was in the nature of $2,300. Thank goodness for the warrantee. No matter what, you can't drive it without a compressor, right? Nonetheless, after reaching out to the Ohio dealership and finally getting the sales manager to reply to me, he sends a note and says, work through your local dealership. We will pay for it. I'm thinking great! Hagerstown has already told me they don't do windshields. So here I am stuck in an impossible situation. Frustration. Defeat. These words are floating in my thoughts. But I decide to call the Hagerstown dealership to see if I could get the general manager there to call the Ohio general manager to solve my problem. In the meantime, my wife's opinion of the Ohio dealership completely changed. I agreed. It was nice and shiny while we were there. After we left, we felt less than one of those numbers on a piece of paper that had fallen to the floor and were walked on and now stuck to the bottom of someone's boots. It was still snowing in Ohio and if you've ever been there in the winter, you know how much brine they use on their roads. We were stuck on the bottom of someone's boot and secured there with brine. That's how we felt. So I decided to see if we could get some general manager-to-general manager negotiation working. Now, why would the Hagerstown dealership do anything for me? Yeah, I serviced my other vehicles there, but I’m certainly not a known customer. Honestly, I didn’t expect much. I figured I’d be left out on my own, but I did read a few reviews and the reviews were good. So I had absolutely nothing to lose. I had dealt with Lisa when I dropped the vehicle off. They arranged to have a rental car there for me and then a loaner a day or so later while my compressor was being replaced. That’s also how I met Elizabeth. Nevertheless, I sent Lisa the email the sales manager from Ohio sent me and I explained my frustration. At this point, I’m practically at my wits end. Like magic, Lisa contacted me and said, “We got it. No worries. We will order the windshield and once it comes in, we will install it.” It was like going to Charlestown and hitting a jackpot. It was amazing how simple it seemed that Lisa solved my problem that I could not, for the life of me, resolve over the course of four months. For that, Lisa gets FIVE STARS. Elizabeth gets four stars because she was incredibly nice and kind too – even after I was double charged a significant amount of money. We straightened that out and now all is well. Now - the actual details of this story are a little different, but to protect and preserve the integrity of the overall experience, that's why there a change. Ultimately, this is essentially what happened. The bottle line is Hagerstown came through in a big way. To the Hagerstown Mercedes Benz crew and management, thank you. What may have seemed like something routine for you was an incredible obstacle for me. No matter how I tried, I could not get this done. Often, when customers come in, we don’t give all the details. We go straight to the challenge or the problem. Thank you for listening and for hiring someone who listens (although she's been there 15 years). I appreciate you guys taking care of my problem and getting me back on the road. Undoubtedly, there are people I haven’t mentioned. This is already a 1,200 word story. And that’s really not long enough to express my thanks. Please pass along my gratitude to Lisa, Elizabeth, Alex and Marty. Julius Evans

Elizabeth Kerns
Marty Gillions
May 24, 2017 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Thank YOU for sharing your store. It is great to hear that you had a positive experience. We are happy to help with anything else that we can. Just let us know. Looking forward to working with you again.

March 22, 2017

"You can't beat this service!"

- westernMD

I live quite a distance from Hagerstown: over 100 miles. The treatment I have received there has been amazing. I personally have not experienced that type of service from any dealer of any make before. This relationship has actually influenced my purchasing habits to the point of sticking with a Sprinter and sticking with Hagerstown MB. Were I to live in the Baltimore/DC area, the relatively short drive to Hagerstown would be a NO BRAINER. If you value concierge service--look no further.

Mar 22, 2017 -

Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown responded

Thank you for choosing us, and going out of your way to service here! Were value your business. :)

December 30, 2016

"Great Service!!"

- Collie

Honestly, I don't ever take time to write reviews. However, when people have something negative to say, they tend to take the time to complain, but not the time to say something positive. I wanted to take the time to say something positive This was my first visit to your dealership to have my 2014 Mercedes-Benz C 300 serviced. I will be bringing my car to have it serviced at your dealership from now on.