Paramount Ford Hyundai Valdese

Cody Dula

Andy Courtney, Sales Consultant, Paramount Ford Hyundai Valdese

Andy Courtney

January 22, 2018

"Overall good experience, but not perfect."

- brosenlieb

My salesman, Ray Smith, was excellent to work with. Great communication, super polite, and was able to convey what I wanted well. He greeted me at the door the day I was to pick up my car, keys in hand. Mark Robinson (Finance Manager) was also a pleasure to work with. He was very customer oriented and went along with what I requested without issue. I would have no problem buying another car from these two individuals. The one hiccup that I did experience at Paramount Ford revolved around the sales manager on duty, Mark Cloninger. Prior to arriving to the dealership, I had everything price wise worked out with Ray and the Finance Manager and had already secured financing. All that was left was to walk into the dealership, inspect the car, sign papers, and leave. After looking the car over, Mr. Cloninger asked if he could check my credit to see if he could obtain a lower interest rate. This seemed unlikely as I already had a pretty good rate considering the terms and vehicle but I figured a quick credit check couldn't hurt so I agreed which is where things went downhill. It took a significant amount of time for Mr. Cloninger to obtain results regarding loans and in the end the loan he came back with was no better than the one I already had. Additionally, there were mistakes on the loan documentation. Now I understand people make mistakes, and I felt no ill will regarding the errors on the documents but considering them and the fact that more time had been eaten up waiting on this to occur, I requested that we simply cancel the loan process through the dealer and go with the financing that I had already secured on my own. What happened next is what I take the most issue with: Mr. Cloninger continued to insist that I take the dealer loan and returned with updated loan documents instead of furnishing the bill of sale that I had requested (to send to my lender). He directly and purposefully defied what I requested be done. As a result of all this back and forth, the original process of taking delivery and signing papers which likely could have been done in under an hour had now been extended to 3 hours. Had it not been for this I would have given this transaction a flawless review and I still believe this dealership as a whole is of good quality. I'd be willing to buy from Paramount Ford again but just to be on the safe side I'll be sure to bring my own financing again.

Mark Cloninger
Mark Robinson
Other Employees : Ray Smith

"Thanks, Jon! "

- Kristin1214

Jon found a truck that I was 100% sure I would never find anywhere, made it work for my budget, and was super friendly & efficient through the entire process! He didn’t waste my time and made the entire transaction super easy for me! Thanks for the help with my 2018 F150, Jon!

Jonathon Arrowood

January 22, 2018

"Paramount Valdese is the best!"

- Rilesv

My second time back to paramount in Valdese and they’re still the best! Michael and his team are easy and enjoyable to work with and they really take care of their customer!

Michael Connell