"The Service Department is thorough, friendly,..."
The Service Department is thorough, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. In fact, it is evident they definitely have their are mastered. In addition, our Subaru's only come here for service.
"GREAT STAFF! Very knowledgeable and helpful. Service..."
GREAT STAFF! Very knowledgeable and helpful. Service department is also good with letting you know what to expect on upcoming services. Free car wash also is nice!
"To Mike Bihun and Others Whom It May Concern,My name is..."
To Mike Bihun and Others Whom It May Concern,
My name is John R. Meyer and I am contacting you in reference to recall service, requested inspection, and consequent ball joint replacement performed on 01/21/21. On 02/01/21 and 02/08/21 SRS airbag service warning light inspections and repairs were done. My main contact was Adam Salinas, aka “ACE”, Service Advisor throughout the following events. The vehicle is a 2015 Subaru Outback, VIN 4S4BSBCC5F3231614. The following information is being provided.
1. On 01/21/21 I brought in the Outback for necessary recall work which was required through notices over the past several years. These recalls did not seem of great concern resulting in my delay to obtain recall service and I decided to combine this effort with a vehicle inspection due to no previous service being done to the vehicle other than my vehicle required, personally performed, maintenance.
The recall work performed on the vehicle was done and the inspection revealed other necessary maintenance, one of which was a new right rear ball joint. (I’ve researched this and found that Subaru has ball joint issues). I authorized the ball joint replacement due to it being a difficult job from personal replacement experience that I had from a past vehicle.
The work performed was fine in all regards. No issues with the loaner vehicle.
2. I did return the Outback two days later due to a retention clip on the air intake boot that I noticed was missing. It was replaced by Adam Salinas without delay.
3. The day after the recall work and ball joint replacement, I noted an SRS airbag warning light and red air bag light appear on the dash console. These lights were intermittent and I did not act upon it till I figured something was really going on with the SRS airbag system. I had never experienced any issues regarding this or any other issue noticed in my six years using the Outback. I made an assumption that the problem must be related to the other work performed on 01/21/21which was electrical in nature. The dealership also sustained a power outage of good length that day. I admit that I really do not trust other people to work on my vehicles due to a few previous problems. I always do my own work whether it be on my vehicles or home. I may be slower than a professional, but I read well, am willing to learn, and certainly willing to buy a new tool when the opportunity arises. This also happens to be why I noticed the missing clip – because I did not trust that the service people necessarily replaced everything correctly. Again, due to past experience. No complaints with you people though.
4. On 02/01/21, the service technicians were unable to determine the cause of the SRS warning lights. Codes were reset.
5. On 02/04/21 I called for service since the lights were still appearing intermittently. I took photos of the problem and scheduled service for 02/08/21. I was given the option for service the very next day, but I scheduled later due to a large snow event entering our area and I wanted my own vehicle to haul snow equipment.
6. On 02/08/21 I dropped off my Outback for an inspection to find the problem with the Outback’s air bag system. Adam Salinas knew that I felt something happened to the vehicle while at the dealership previously. I received a loaner car and figured the inspections may take several days till the problem was determined.
7. On 02/09/21 I called Adam Salinas and he informed me that the problem was found; and the passenger side seat airbag needed replacement. Adam Salinas reported that none of the performed service work should have been responsible for the airbag problem. Adam knew that I would still doubt this given conversations and my lack of trust in various technicians. Adam therefore “went to bat” for me to receive a new cost-free seat. He spoke with management and other Subaru powers which control this type of customer service. Adam Salinas was successful in obtain a new seat for me free of charge. By doing so Adam has accomplished the following:
A) Adam has certainly increased the odds that I will purchase another Subaru from the Kenosha Subaru dealership.
B) Made me less upset about a $500 bill for a new ball joint on a six-year-old vehicle given I do not Baja over trails in this. Dirt roads are about all it must cope with.
C) I will certainly retell this story to friends and family increasing the likelihood that they will purchase Subaru products in the future. Due to previous employment, I have contacts with friends in the fields of science and math teaching in Kenosha, environmental restoration in Illinois, WI DNR law enforcement/supervisory SGT, and maintenance combined with light construction and HEO operation for Kenosha County.
D) I have become impressed with Adam Salinas and his efforts to due what was in my interests, but also prevent the negative consequences if I would have needed to pay $1100 for a new seat. I of course feel that Adam made a beneficial decision for me, but also for Subaru as a whole and the Kenosha Subaru dealership.
7. Today is 02/21/21. No airbags lights or other issues have arisen with my Outback. I am happy and satisfied with the service and decision making provided by Adam Salinas.
8. As you have probably figured out by the length of this letter and the detail that I have provided, that I can be a real pain in the neck if I feel I have been unjustly wronged. Throughout this entire process Adam was patient and helpful. I really do not envy him in the fact that he had to deal with me throughout this process. He should be recognized and commended for his actions. I am very quick to criticize, but at least I am pretty quick to recognize someone who is smart and good at their job / profession. Ace lived up to his name.
"The service department allowed me to drop off my car to..."
The service department allowed me to drop off my car to have maintenance completed. They had me checked in, and on my way in a loaner car quickly. Pickup of my car was just as efficient. Staff was and always is friendly and eager to work with the customer.
"The Service Reps are professional and treat customers..."
The Service Reps are professional and treat customers with the respect that they deserve. They explain everything that is going on and being repaired in understandable terms.
"Always a pleasure to work with. I had questions and Adam..."
Always a pleasure to work with. I had questions and Adam S. had the answers. I was in and out in no time. No stress car maintenance.
"AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!EVERYONE IS HELPFUL AND..."
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
EVERYONE IS HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. THEY ALSO PLAN OUT MY FUTURE MAINTENANCE. I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER DEALERS AND NONE OF THEM WORK AS HARD AS KENOSHA SUBARU DOES.
"This is the best dealership I have ever worked with. They..."
This is the best dealership I have ever worked with. They are helpful, honest, and work to get me the best deal possible on service. I have recently moved further from the dealership and will continue to make the longer trip for service at Kenosha Subaru. When I am ready to upgrade my vehicle I look forward to working with them for a new model.
"I always get excellent service. No complaints very..."
I always get excellent service. No complaints very helpful and explaining everything well. New waiting room looks great. Love fireplace. Will recommend Kenosha Subaru to others
"Absolutely great! Awesome customer service and work! Adam..."
Absolutely great! Awesome customer service and work! Adam S. is Awesome! It's an amazing place to have service done on your vehicle. A customer friendly atmosphere. Thank you!