Audi Des Moines

Audi Des Moines

Audi Des Moines Info
About Audi Des Moines

About Audi Des Moines

"The VW dealership went up and beyond to make sure we were..."

The VW dealership went up and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. Rod was very helpful. They not worried about it being Friday evening.

"I phoned this dealer on July 27. The phone rang for..."

I phoned this dealer on July 27. The phone rang for awhile, and finally someone picked up. He identified himself as the general manager, and said things were hectic because it was a Saturday near the end of the month. I explained that I lived a couple hundred miles away, and was interested in a new Audi Q5, but I had a question about conflicting info I was seeing on the web about a specific option I needed. He started to take my contact details, and then said that someone named "George" had just walked by, and George was his Audi "expert". He handed me off to George, I asked my question, George said he would need to research this and would definitely have an answer by Monday. George took down my e-mail address, told me he would send me an e-mail that same day with his contact details, and then would follow-up with me on Monday. I never heard anything back. I realize that for every serious contact a dealership has, there are 100 that are just "window-shopping". The reason I contacted this dealer is because I had waited two days for a near-by Audi dealership to get me an answer to my question, and I got tired of waiting. One week later I purchased a new vehicle, not an Audi. I've had three Audi's in the past, but they missed a chance this time. Update - 6 August. I was contacted by Jorge Meza, who as it turns out was the person named "George" that I was transferred to the previous week. Mr. Meza and I had a productive conversation. It turns out that first of all, he had written my e-mail address down wrong, and then he misunderstood that even though the dealership didn't have a Q5 with my required option in stock, I was ready to special order one if necessary. Based on our latest conversation, I upgraded the "customer service" rating from "bad" to "good". I have already purchased another new vehicle, but I trade in once a year, so maybe next time I will try this place again.

Someone named "George"

"My son and I had the pleasure of working on a very..."

My son and I had the pleasure of working on a very complex service issue with Jess Reiter that was due to a defective water pump that was installed by an authorized service shop in another state. The car broke down and had to be towed to Audi of Des Moines/Lithia. Jess was able to help us negotiate an agreement to have the car repaired in Des Moines versus us having to pay to ship the car 1,200 miles for the repairs. It was Jess who made countless calls to the out of state service shop to coordinate all the details and make this deal happen ! The quote I received JUST to have the car shipped to/from the original service shop was over $1,600 and it was through Jess's efforts that we avoided this added time and expense. Finally, the car was repaired by Jess and his team and we are 100% satisfied. The repair order included internal damage to the engine and it required major repair. In the end, my son and I received outstanding service - better than anything we ever expected. We will be going back to Audi of Des Moines for service on our A4 in the future and we are recommending them to all of our family and friends. Thanks again Jess !!!!!

Jess Reiter

"I have purchased at least 20 new cars in my lifetime. ..."

I have purchased at least 20 new cars in my lifetime. Seldom have I found a salesperson who knew as much about the vehicle as I did prior to my purchase. Jorge (George) Mesa was the exception. He was knowledgeable about the Audi cars and when he did not have an answer, he admitted it and subsequently found one for me. He patiently demonstrated features on demo cars and gave me time to evaluate those of interest to me. As the vehicle I was replacing was of little interest to their used car department because of its age (a low mileage Mercedes SL) , he suggested ways for me to market it myself and I did so. We negotiated an acceptable price on a new A5 cabriolet and when there were delays in getting my order processed, he found a very similar substitute vehicle in the Audi pipeline. On delivery he carefully reviewed all of the many details of the complicated media and navigation systems which proved helpful in my further study of this elaborate machine. If Audi's product quality and service department proves to be as good as the purchase experience with Jorge Mesa, I will be quite satisfied. This car will be my third Audi.

Jorge Meza