Audi Des Moines

About Audi Des Moines

About Audi Des Moines

R S
1/07/2015

"Picky engineer is good with these guys"

I'm picky, and I was extremely happy with the way John Mealey (service manager) and Phil (service tech) approached a complex problem: Adapting keys to the immobilizer system on my wife's S4 Cabriolet. Phil understood the problem immediately and kept me in the loop as he addressed it, he also shared his technical insight on the car (I want to make this one last). The electronic immobilizer system is not something that is typically adapted outside of the dealership, and doing it wrong can (surprise) immobilize the car, so this is one of those times when it is better to engage the experts. The new service facility is nice (apparently today was moving day) and the service organization was highly responsive. It's not often I take a car to the dealership. I own the factory service manual as well as VAG-Com diagnostic software, and I enjoy figuring out the technical aspects of the car. I have long valued the parts department (Jeff Siddens) but I am not usually a service dept. customer. I have owned Audi cars since my first new car in 1985, and I would feel comfortable taking our A8 as well as our S4 there.

John Mealey (service manager), Phil (technician), Kiera H. ...and there were others.

Steve B
12/19/2014

"Class Dealership!"

Long time customer of Audi of Des Moines---just purchased vehicle on the 13th ( #8 from this dealership over the years). Other than high praise for the Audi product, the folks at Audi treat me with courtesy, respect, and professionalism. Jorge Meza (Audi Sales Consultant) and Anthony Gladney (GM) are very open, honest, and a pleasure with whom to work. Although it is the vehicle I purchase and drive, I strongly feel that the relationship built working with these folks adds value and support to my experience. Austin and Phil, in service, assisted me with my inquiries when asking about the vehicle. The service team is very prompt and thorough in service and communication. STRONGLY recommend you visit VW/Audi Des Moines if in the market!

Anthony Gladney (GM); Phil (Service), Austin Berke (Service)

milo71
12/15/2014

"Great service!"

I would definitely recommend George Meza. He was very helpful with our decision to buy an Audi. He answered all questions and was very thorough. My wife is very happy!!!

Lyndam1
12/07/2014

"Beyond the sale"

A dealership shows it's true value when a customer is in need. Walt Lehmann went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of after the sale. We purchased two cars from him in 2014 and will continue to buy from Walt for years to come. Thank you Walt for your outstanding customer service!

dedhed
12/03/2014

"Friendly people, but quick to try and turn a buck"

Dealer would not appraise vehicle while I was present. When going over the financials, and I asked for an explanation why my vehicle (that was paid for and clear title) was not given a fair trade amount I was told, "it is a fair price for a vehicle in rough condition". Which was untrue. I was trading in a 2005 Chevy Colorado and they gave me less than $5000 for value. Also, I had an ad off a website that gave the price of the vehicle at $11,500 but upon review of the financial papers it was over $14,000. I asked the dealer why this was and was quickly brushed off and it was said that he, the employee, had a birthday party to attend so needed to wrap things up quickly. In addition, there were 2 alarms that were not fixed, one was a motor code and the other is they left a flat spare in the vehicle. I asked for these items to be fixed, brought the car back to be serviced and neither was done. The codes were cleared, but not fixed. Two days later they returned and I took the vehicle to a mechanic which cost me an additional $345. Very bad experience and I will not darken their doors, at any of their dealerships. I also found my truck I traded on a auto website for 2.5 times what they gave me for trade value.

momjohn
11/15/2013

"The VW dealership went up and beyond to make sure we were..."

The VW dealership went up and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. Rod was very helpful. They not worried about it being Friday evening.

Travelingman
8/04/2013

"I phoned this dealer on July 27. The phone rang for..."

I phoned this dealer on July 27. The phone rang for awhile, and finally someone picked up. He identified himself as the general manager, and said things were hectic because it was a Saturday near the end of the month. I explained that I lived a couple hundred miles away, and was interested in a new Audi Q5, but I had a question about conflicting info I was seeing on the web about a specific option I needed. He started to take my contact details, and then said that someone named "George" had just walked by, and George was his Audi "expert". He handed me off to George, I asked my question, George said he would need to research this and would definitely have an answer by Monday. George took down my e-mail address, told me he would send me an e-mail that same day with his contact details, and then would follow-up with me on Monday. I never heard anything back. I realize that for every serious contact a dealership has, there are 100 that are just "window-shopping". The reason I contacted this dealer is because I had waited two days for a near-by Audi dealership to get me an answer to my question, and I got tired of waiting. One week later I purchased a new vehicle, not an Audi. I've had three Audi's in the past, but they missed a chance this time. Update - 6 August. I was contacted by Jorge Meza, who as it turns out was the person named "George" that I was transferred to the previous week. Mr. Meza and I had a productive conversation. It turns out that first of all, he had written my e-mail address down wrong, and then he misunderstood that even though the dealership didn't have a Q5 with my required option in stock, I was ready to special order one if necessary. Based on our latest conversation, I upgraded the "customer service" rating from "bad" to "good". I have already purchased another new vehicle, but I trade in once a year, so maybe next time I will try this place again.

Someone named "George"

gsusral
11/05/2012

"My son and I had the pleasure of working on a very..."

My son and I had the pleasure of working on a very complex service issue with Jess Reiter that was due to a defective water pump that was installed by an authorized service shop in another state. The car broke down and had to be towed to Audi of Des Moines/Lithia. Jess was able to help us negotiate an agreement to have the car repaired in Des Moines versus us having to pay to ship the car 1,200 miles for the repairs. It was Jess who made countless calls to the out of state service shop to coordinate all the details and make this deal happen ! The quote I received JUST to have the car shipped to/from the original service shop was over $1,600 and it was through Jess's efforts that we avoided this added time and expense. Finally, the car was repaired by Jess and his team and we are 100% satisfied. The repair order included internal damage to the engine and it required major repair. In the end, my son and I received outstanding service - better than anything we ever expected. We will be going back to Audi of Des Moines for service on our A4 in the future and we are recommending them to all of our family and friends. Thanks again Jess !!!!!

Jess Reiter

Auto Devotee
8/25/2012

"I have purchased at least 20 new cars in my lifetime. ..."

I have purchased at least 20 new cars in my lifetime. Seldom have I found a salesperson who knew as much about the vehicle as I did prior to my purchase. Jorge (George) Mesa was the exception. He was knowledgeable about the Audi cars and when he did not have an answer, he admitted it and subsequently found one for me. He patiently demonstrated features on demo cars and gave me time to evaluate those of interest to me. As the vehicle I was replacing was of little interest to their used car department because of its age (a low mileage Mercedes SL) , he suggested ways for me to market it myself and I did so. We negotiated an acceptable price on a new A5 cabriolet and when there were delays in getting my order processed, he found a very similar substitute vehicle in the Audi pipeline. On delivery he carefully reviewed all of the many details of the complicated media and navigation systems which proved helpful in my further study of this elaborate machine. If Audi's product quality and service department proves to be as good as the purchase experience with Jorge Mesa, I will be quite satisfied. This car will be my third Audi.

Jorge Meza