Martin Honda

298 East Cleveland Ave,
Newark, Delaware 19711
Martin Honda Info
About Martin Honda

Martin Honda and Pre-Owned Superstore is a Full Service automotive retailer in Newark, Delaware. We have been servicing Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey for over 25 years with the best in sales and service. Stop by or call and see why Martin Delivers! http://www.martindelivers.com

About Martin Honda Learn More

• Body Shop
dealer
3/25/2015

"Simply Amazing experience"

Even with a challenging high end trade (Range rover sport), Garnett did the unthinkable and closed the deal!! He demonstrated perseverance and grace through it all, even after I changed my mind about which model car I wanted to purchase. Garnett was honest and very patient making the overall experience incredible. His professionalism was no surprise however, as we have a long history of buying cars. For years to come, Garnett is my guy! Thank you for this incredible experience! I look forward to future purchases!

Garnett Johnson

mschwartz169
3/24/2015

"Best Automobile purchase ever"

As most of us know, the purchase of a new vehicle is very exciting; however, the actual time and decision making process can lead to a quite daunting experience. I am writing this letter on behalf of both myself and my husband. The reason for this letter is to inform you that our experiences in purchasing two new vehicles at Martin Honda in Newark Delaware turned out to be one of our most pleasurable buying experiences ever. From the first moment we walked into the dealership, we felt quite welcomed and were treated with courtesy and respect. I would like to start by saying I apologize for writing such a lengthy letter, but felt it imperative to describe our experiences in depth as we are more than pleased and impressed with the outstanding customer service received by everyone we encountered who works at the dealership. Please let me begin by informing you that my husband and I were in the market to buy one new vehicle and one pre-owned vehicle. I myself, a muscle car owner/driver, had my mind pre-set with the notion I was purchasing a 2015 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack or the Dodge SRT 392. My current car at the time of the purchase was a Pontiac GTO. I am also a fan of Honda vehicles, even though neither of us had ever owned one. I am well aware of their reputation and know they are reliable vehicles. My husband and I knew we would be in the market to purchase our vehicles in mid-February, but I wanted to get an idea and do my research prior to our final decision. In mid January, my husband and I decided to take a quick stop by a couple of dealerships to peruse over a few of the vehicles I had already started researching. When we walked up to the lot at Martin Honda, we were greeted by Chris Burnett. Immediately, Mr. Burnett engaged both my husband and I into conversation. I explained to him we were not ready to purchase a vehicle yet, but were getting our feelers out there. He showed much interest in us, however was not sure he could meet our needs since I made it quite clear I was a muscle car enthusiast. He did, however, make every possible suggestion with quite a realistic approach. I then asked Mr. Burnett for his business card and told him he would probably be hearing from us in the near future. When my husband and I left Martin Honda that day, we discussed how much we liked Mr. Burnett, and said we would definitely recommend him to others even if we didn’t go back. As mid-February was quickly approaching, I continued to “build” vehicles on-line, and compared along with reading many reviews. My decision was made. I WAS buying that Challenger pending I actually liked the feel of the vehicle once I took it for a test drive. I really did like the Honda Accord, but my heart was just set on “my” Challenger!! On February 14th, my husband and I decided it was time to go place an order for my new Challenger. Upon our arrival at the Dodge dealership, they were in the process of closing early due to the extreme cold temperatures. It took a few minutes before anyone even approached us to ask if we needed assistance. When we finally were approached, the feeling wasn’t nearly as warm and welcoming as we both would have preferred. I explained to the salesperson I was quite interested in purchasing a Challenger and would like to test drive one. Wow, he could not come up with enough reasons why it was difficult to have me do so at that time. The new one that came in hadn’t been reviewed by service yet, one in the back may not be available and not sure if I can drive the other one and one he didn’t know where the keys were, and one needed to be de-iced. I did not provide him the opportunity to say no. I explained that I needed to feel and drive a vehicle prior to even talking numbers in order to make a purchase. I also made it clear to him that I needed to purchase the vehicle as soon as possible. I explained that my time was limited because I am having major surgery in the very near future and wanted to actually have the vehicle prior to doing so. He was finally able to produce a Challenger that we could all take out for a test drive (yes, he accompanied us for the test drive…something I have never experienced before)…..and I was SOLD…not because of the salesman, but because that car is not only beautiful, but had just what I like….MUSCLE. Once the test drive was over, I showed the salesman the package I had already built which included the price. I explained to him what I had for a down payment and also asked how he could accommodate us with a used vehicle. I could go on for pages to explain to you of his extreme disinterest and how we felt he just wanted us out of there so he could to go home for the day. Still my mind said Challenger, but at a different Dodge dealership. My husband and I left and immediately drove back to Martin Honda as I had already looked up used vehicles on-line and wanted to take a look at them…and only them because remember, I’m buying a Challenger. Upon our entrance, we were pleasantly addressed by everyone that walked passed us. The lady at the front desk asked if we needed assistance. I said we were going to pop over to see if Mr. Burnett was available. Upon heading to Mr. Burnett’s desk, we walked past the Accord Coupe that very much caught my eye the first time we stopped by. While admiring the Accord, we were greeted by an extremely nice gentleman by the name of Mike Pijuan. What a pleasant gentleman he was. We told Mr. Pijuan we had spoken to Mr. Burnett a month ago and were interested in looking at a pre-owned CRV for my husband. In the meantime, Mr. Burnett noticed and recognized us, and immediately came over to greet us. He was with another customer, but took just a brief moment to acknowledge us and asked if we were able to wait a few minutes until he was done with his other customer. By the way, the dealership was about to close, but we didn’t realize that right away. While waiting for Mr. Burnett, Mr. Pijuan continued to engage us into conversation. I explained to him how we were there a month ago looking at the Accord Coupe. I also informed him that I decided on the Challenger, but we were going to try to purchase our used vehicle from Mr. Burnett. Mr. Pijuan asked us what vehicles we were interested as he was going to see if he could pull up the vehicle in the system so he could assist us. We had an awesome conversation discussing my GTO, my new to be Challenger, and of course Honda vehicles. I never realized he was probably actually heading out the door to go home when we walked in, but that obviously didn’t matter to him. Of course, we didn’t find out until later that Mr. Pijuan is actually part of the financial team, not sales team. Imagine our surprise to find out he spent so much time with us when he could have just left us in a chair waiting for Mr. Burnett to be available. Mr. Pijuan is an extremely welcoming gentleman who deserves a bit of recognition for going above and beyond!!! When Mr. Burnett finished business with his original customer he immediately came over to meet with us. He began discussing with us how, or if he could meet any of our purchasing needs. I explained to him that I decided to purchase the Challenger for myself but we were interested in purchasing one of Honda’s pre-owned vehicles for my husband. Again, we all start talking cars and have a great time, laughing and engaging like we had known each other for years. We started discussing business and our vehicle needs. Mr. Burnett asked how much we were willing to spend on the used car purchase. When I told him the amount, he stated he could probably sell us a new vehicle instead. He asked us if we could come back the following day at 2:00 p.m. He said he would like to take some time to see what he could do to accommodate our needs. We felt it was worth coming back to see what he could propose and scheduled for 2:00 the following day. On February 15, my husband and I walk into Martin Honda. Again we were greeted with a smile from the lady at the front desk and she asked if she could help us. She didn’t need to do so, as Chris had already been approaching, with a smile. After greeting us, he immediately escorted us over to the coffee machine, and offered us something to drink or eat from the arrangement of items to choose from and told us to get comfortable and meet him at his desk. The instant we sat down, my husband and I we both felt like our business was important to Mr. Burnett. He told us he put together some ideas for us. One being the purchase of the Accord Coupe I had admired a month earlier, and the other was a Fit LX. Mr. Burnett discussed with us the original prices of the vehicles, discounts he was able to provide, while providing many reasonable factors on why our purchasing both vehicles at Honda would be of benefit to us. He remembered my telling him a month ago that I was having surgery, and he was able to incorporate that into a purchasing decision. Something I had already done, but just one more thing to point out to you as to why Mr. Burnett is so prodigious. He took into consideration that Honda may not provide the muscle I prefer in a vehicle but he still felt confident he could deliver. Of course, this is the job of a salesman; however, it was the personalization and approach in which Mr. Burnett presented that actually made the sale. Now that all is said and done, it was Mr. Burnett’s people skills and personality that sold my husband and me two vehicles. A salesman who can convince a customer to purchase a vehicle that is completely against their “norm”, and send them away totally satisfied with their purchases obviously possesses a special quality within his profession. Mr. Burnett is an excellent salesman, but more importantly he is a “people” person. He does his job well, better than most. Quite impressive as he listens and catches a lot of what his customer says. Remember, I WAS buying a Challenger. Once all of our paperwork was completed, and were waiting to meet with a member of the financial team, we asked Mr. Burnett for his supervisors name as we wanted to inform him/her of the outstanding service we received. Within minutes a Mr. Phillip Rockwell came over to meet with us. Again, another person who treated us as though we were both important, and not just another sale. Mr. Rockwell was appreciative that we were willing to take the time to commend a member of his staff. He sat down and engaged us in conversation. He took time to sit and converse with us and didn’t make us feel as though we were being rushed. “Kudos” for Martin Honda. A Manager who was willing to sit and engage in a conversation with customers is a great way to do business and should be practiced more often. So here it is three weeks after the purchase of our vehicles. We’ve had to come back for a few things, body kit put on cars, undercoating, remote start, etc. Mr. Burnett has stayed involved through this entire process. He has placed several follow-up calls, making sure we are being taken care of with our needs. And imagine the surprise on my face when I called my insurance company to transfer our auto insurance over to the new vehicles, only to find out Mr. Burnett already did this for us. Not sure if this is common practice for your sales staff, but I can assure you, we have never had a dealership do that for us. NEVER!!! To conclude, out entire experience at Martin Honda was more than outstanding. The service from the minute we walked in the door and still on-going since we purchased our vehicles has been more than adequate. Again, it really was all about Mr. Burnett. This man is not only extremely efficient at his job, but he is just a pleasant person to do business with. My husband will surely recommend Martin Honda, specifically Mr. Burnett, to those we know who are in the market for a new/used vehicle.

tiwi27
3/22/2015

"Great Experience Purchasing a New Honda"

Our experience yesterday trading in my old civic & purchasing a new civic with Shari was a great one. She was incredibly patient in working with us as I was looking for a manual transmission, but was a little rusty behind the wheel. She took the time with us on a little longer test ride to ensure that I felt comfortable in my choice. Shari did a great job in walking us through the pros and cons and making this purchase a painless process. We are very happy with our purchase and were extremely happy with the service that Shari provided and would recommend her to our friends, family & colleagues if they were in the market for a Honda.

Cllayton123
3/20/2015

"Fabulous first car experience!"

Thank you so much Dave for your help with my first car!!!! You entertained my indecision, patiently explained the differences in leasing at least dozen times, and made yourself available for every question and straying thought...even on your day off! I am so very excited to begin driving my fabulous first car, and cannot wait to return to Honda and lease or purchase another top rated safety pic!!! I strongly recommend Dave at Martin Honda because he kept me calm during the crazy and made a huge decision with a million details completely painless for me!!!

spencer56
3/20/2015

"Five Great Experiences with David Romanoski"

We just bought our 5th Honda from Martin Honda (great cars!) and we keep going back because David Romanoski makes us feel at home and special, all at the same time. He recognizes us when we walk in and helps us make the right decision every time.

hhkate

"amazing service"

We loved working with David Romanoski at Martin Honda. We had been looking for a car for a long time and visited several dealerships. From our experience we can say that David offered outstanding service and we are very happy with our purchase.

Larry
3/18/2015

"Appreciate David Romanoski Going The "Extra Mile""

Just leased my 2nd consecutive car through David Romanoski at Martin Honda. I really appreciated his honesty and the fact that he cares about his customers - not only before the sale is done, but afterward too. He also went the extra mile for me when I hit a few snags with my turn-in vehicle. In the end, everything came out in my favor, thanks in large part to Dave. Additionally, their service department has never let me down. Martin Honda is a great dealership to buy or lease a car.

Leslie
3/18/2015

"Ask for Shari Godwin at Martin Honda!!!"

Wow! This was the absolute best experience I have had buying a car. I would highly recommend that you ask for Shari Godwin to help you-she knew everything about the CRV (and I would bet she knows everything about every car Martin Honda sells) and she did not use any high pressure tactics-she just got to know what I wanted and then got me the deal I needed. Even without my husband being with me, I felt perfectly comfortable knowing I was getting the best deal on exactly what I wanted! Thank you Shari! Thank you Martin Honda!

Betty Ann, Nick, Jim

khudson117
3/11/2015

"We are Honda Customers for LIFE"

We have now just gotten our 4th car from David Romanowski at Martin Honda. It is so refreshing to know that we can walk into Martin Honda, sit down with Dave and the team, and walk out with the exact car we need at the right price. Dave is so knowledgeable about the entire line of cars available, and he always remembers our family and our financial situation, and comes up with the perfect FIT!! (no pun intended!) Thank you Dave and thank you Martin Honda! We are customers for LIFE!!!

Sandi
2/28/2015

"Ask for Ryan Snyder at Martin Honda"

Just bought a new CRV from Martin Honda - I must tell you how awesome our sales person, Ryan Snyder, was -- he knew the CRV inside and out, he went above and beyond to answere my endless questions - I have never met such a thoughtful and professional sales person. When shopping for a new Honda - be sure to visit Martin Honda and ask for Ryan - you will be happy you did.

Reviews of David Romanoski