Pensacola Honda

Pensacola Honda
Pensacola Honda Info

Gary Smith Honda

"Ty Sweet "

We had a great experience buying our new mini van here. Beat the price of a dealer a few towns over. Salesman was friendly but we especially enjoyed working with ty sweet in the finance department. Highly recommend. We'll be back again.

Ty sweet

"GM Andy South - not a good guy "

We had a 2012 Honda Accord, one of three cars that we purchased on one night alone. In June of this year, the radio reception went to haywire. Service verified there was an issue. We went through the process of bypassing the antenna, wiring , all the easy stuff. Finally swapped the head unit out for a "new" one (factory refurb). The problem didn't go away unfortunately. We were still under warranty. I just wanted the radio fixed and told them that. They refused to put anymore money into troubleshooting the warrantied issue. Asking GM Andrew South what our options were, he said it was down to getting us in a new car. The difference between what we owed on our 2012, what we had paid in already and a new 2014 was quoted as $6700 by Andrew South. I advised him that since I did not want to trade my car in, and since they were refusing to fix my warrantied issue, I shouldn't have to pay anything extra. Of course that was just my knee jerk reaction to being told my warrantied issue would not be fixed. I ultimately offered to meet them halfway, actually more since I said I'd pay $3500.00 plus my trade-in. No deal. Wife and I went in to see GM Andrew South and were informed that the price difference was actually almost $10,000.00!!! He had not included tax, transfer and the other bs dealers tack on. I was fuming but ultimately said I would come up to $5,000.00 plus my trade, only $1,600 less than he had quoted me just two days prior. No deal. In the end, only after getting his boss involved did I agree to $6500.00 plus our trade in. That's a good deal if you are walking in off the street looking to trade but not do if you are NOT looking to trade and just want a warrantied issue repaired. I really didn't feel I has any options so I folded knowing that my recourse would be a negative customer satisfaction survey and as many negative reviews as I could write. Our car was excellent save for the radio which only began acting up recently. Honda makes a fine car. I wish, however, that I had taken my business to a family owned dealership instead of a mega company like Sonic Auromotive.

Andrew Smith

October 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about you experience. Again, we apologize for this miscommunication. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at (850) 479-9091.

"Sold a car out from under me."

I bought a new Honda CRV from Pensacola Honda in May 2011. I have been very happy with the vehicle and I have had all of my maintenance service work done at Pensacola Honda. I have been happy with the service department. So when I was in the market for another vehicle I faithfully returned to Pensacola Honda. I found a used 2010 Honda Civic on 09/10/14 that had just come on to the lot and I made an appointment to look at it and drive it that evening. I liked the car so I asked my salesman to give me a buyers order to take to my credit union for financing. I was approved for the loan the next day 09/11/14 so I called my salesman to make an appointment for that evening after work to get the car. I got a phone call about 30 minutes before my appointment to tell me the car was sold. I couldn’t believe they would sell the car out from under me or treat a loyal returning customer that way. I was very upset and asked the salesman to have a manager call me, after almost 2 hours with no phone call, I drove to the dealership and was told my salesman had left for the day. I told my story to the Sales Manager who replied “first check in the door gets the car, we don’t hold cars for anybody”. I am still stunned by this cavalier attitude towards customers. I highly recommend you avoid this dealership at all costs. I know I will never set foot on their lot again. David Johns 6885 Community Drive Pensacola, FL 32526

Jim Clark

dljohnsjr responded to this review

September 16, 2014

Mr Hawkins, you have my phone number yet have made no attempt to contact me or to straighten this out. I stand by my original post. David Johns

September 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We assure you we value all of our customers and apologize for upsetting you. We would like to talk to you directly regarding your experience at our store so we can handle this properly. Please contact our General Sales Manager Daniel Hawkins at 850-479-9091 or by e-mail at daniel.hawkins@pensacolahonda.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

"Pensacola Honda"

We came in on Friday near closing time. We found a van we liked and wanted to purchase. We were told to wait on a call Saturday about financing (because we live an hour away from the dealership). They told us they would contact the bank first thing in the morning, and get back to us right away. After half the day had passed, we left messages with the salesman and finance manager. We finally got a call back Monday saying the van had sold. Thanks for the follow up guys! We went down the road to Allen Turner and left with an even better and more reasonably priced van a few hours later. Not impressed with Pensacola Honda, and would not recommend them to family or friends.

B.

August 07, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for this miscommunication and assure you this is not consistent with the quality of service that we pride ourselves on. We would like to talk to you directly regarding your experience at our dealership so we can handle this properly. Please contact our General Sales Manager Daniel Hawkins at 850-479-9091 or by e-mail at daniel.hawkins@pensacolahonda.com. We hope this bad experience does not keep you away from our dealership and we hope to hear from you soon.

"Best of the Best!"

My husband and I went in specifically to walk out with a purchased vehicle. We had done our research and even visited other dealerships. We had horrible experiences and hoped that Pensacola Honda would come through for us. As we arrive, we were greeted and introduced to Jonathan in sales. From the minute we met to the end of our sales, Jonathan saw us through it all. We told him we were interested in a fully loaded civic but could see we were also interested with an accord. We had a specific budget we wanted to stay with and Jonathan not only worked with us to find the best option, but he didn't try to give us what we didn't want. When we went to finance and completed the process, Rafiq was so helpful. He explained all of our paperwork to us, gave us the best option for our car and lifestyle, and was extremely personable. From the minute we walked in, to the drive home in our new car, we have never had such an amazing and enjoyable experience. The professionalism from our encounters were fantastic and I can honestly say, we were treated like friends. The process was so seamless that we will be back to purchase another within the next 1-3 months!

Jonathan Turner, Rafiq Hammad

"Great guys and good selection of cars. They will take the..."

Great guys and good selection of cars. They will take the time to explain everything. Walked away feeling good. I would recommend them to any of my friends.

Bobby Hooper

"They say if you recommend some one and they buy a car..."

They say if you recommend some one and they buy a car they will give you $100.00, THEY WANT I guess they just want you to help them sell a car cause that the only way they can . If they are not telling the truth on that then what else do they misled you on. I will not go back there nor will I recommend any one else to be subject to this kind of false statements.

Rocco

February 14, 2014

Hi tomper, After looking into this it appears the situation has already been cleared up after some confusion our end and your referral check is on it's way! Should you have any further concerns you'd like addressed please contact our GM Andy South at Andy.South@pensacolahonda.com. Thanks so much for your understanding.

"I just had maintenance service which was done very..."

I just had maintenance service which was done very timely. They give coupons which help with those costs. Just afterwards, my car broke down. Scott Bowden took great care to see that we were informed of the cause and how long for repairs. Every person we dealt with there was friendly and encouraging. We have 2 Hondas and have been more than pleased with Pensacola Honda for the work they need

Scott Bowden

"What an unbelievably great experience! From the moment my..."

What an unbelievably great experience! From the moment my husband and I stepped onto the lot, everyone made us feel like friends instead of just a customer! Brian, Rafik, and Gator were friendly, knowledgeable and did everything possible to make this the best experience we have ever had in car buying. There was no stuffiness. As a matter of fact everyone we dealt with smiled, laughed, and had such a great sense of humor, which was a nice change to how we have been treated at past dealerships. I would highly recommend Pensacola Honda to anyone looking to purchase a new or used car. I don't understand any of the negative ratings listed.. We saw/experienced nothing but polite, happy professionals who enjoyed making their customer satisfied with their purchase. We will drive the 65 miles again, when it's time to shop for our next car!

Brian Jones, Rafik, and Gator

"Wanted a Honda Civic. Tried to get an accurate price..."

Wanted a Honda Civic. Tried to get an accurate price from Carlton Hopson (sp?) and see if a price from another dealership could be matched. He said they could match it and do better. Never heard back from him. I tried to call him and email him then.... and no response. contacted another person doing the dealership online chat and it was a female. She told me Carlton was way off base telling me they could match and beat the price I got, even though I saved the transcription of the online chat with him. I now own a beautiful new Hyundai. Yes, Hyundai. Not a honda. If you want a honda.... go check out a Hyundai. If you have to have a Honda, go somewhere else.

Carlton Hopson

July 31, 2013

We appreciate you letting us know about this incident. It seems as though there was some confusion and we would like to speak to you directly and get some more details. Please contact Andy South at andy.south@pensacolahonda.com or (850) 479-9091 at your nearest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.