Read Reviews Phillips Toyota

3.8

3.6

4.1

based on 8 reviews

Overall
3.8

3.8 out of 5

16 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Phillips Toyota

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Phillips Toyota

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"What a difference..."

nboginya
4/30/2014 12:15:14 PM

Mark Roberts

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

Buying a new car should be fun. Really? It doesn't often seem to be the case nowadays. That is why I am so happy i found Phillips Toyota. After months of shopping for a new car and visiting many other dealerships, a lot of frustrations and disappointments, I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about going there (it's about an hour drive for us). And I was wrong... What a different experience. Everything here was exceptional. We worked with Mark Roberts. It felt like he was there for us, not our money. He was very friendly, professional and yes... HONEST. We came out with a perfect car at a perfect price, got a fair trade in value and amazing interest rate. Thank you Mark and Phillips Toyota, you found another loyal customer!

Twitter
"One Nightmare After Another"

AlyshaBriscoe
4/17/2014 11:02:06 PM

Mark Roberts

1.6

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

Dealing with Phillips Toyota in Leesburg FL was anything but a joy. I had never purchased a car before, but my mother had. She helped me find a car that I (at first) didn't like, but it grew on me. She called the dealership and submitted all the paperwork online before we even drove over there because we didn't want to sit there for hours waiting to see if I was approved for a car loan. Days later we got a response back (after having to call multiple times to get the ball rolling) and I was approved. So, my mother and I drove to the dealership because the price online for the Hyundai Santa Fe was a great deal and I was already approved. The salesman that my mother had dealt with was named Mark Roberts and he was busy with another customer when we arrived (even though we called ahead) so we test drove it alone and I loved the Santa Fe. I was interested in two other cars and had left the dealership before turning around and leaving a $250 deposit to hold the car. The next day, we called two hours ahead of time and let Mark know that we were coming and that he needed to have all the paperwork ready for me to sign because we were going after my mother got off work. We didn't want to sit there for hours just to sign papers. We arrived two hours later and he hadn't even written out the information about the pricing for the car, dealer fees, etc. So, we had to waste time for him to fill the info and for me to sign it and then he tells me that he forgot that we needed a new title for the car. So, he had to rewrite and recalculate it. I was really starting to get annoyed because this is what I wanted to avoid. After I finally finished signing some of the paperwork, he says that he'll be right back. Ten minutes later, my mother and I have already gone to the vending machine for sodas and started walking around the inside of the dealership because he still wasn't back yet. We had been there for an hour by the time he came back telling me that I needed to be reapproved by the bank since he dropped the price of the car. Since when does the bank need to reapprove someone for a lesser amount of money? So, we would have to come back again tomorrow to sign more paperwork and then get the car. Not only was my mother furious that we just wasted over an hour for a car that we couldn't even get that day, but he tried to lie to us saying that it needed to be reapproved. We walked out. The next day, I get a phone call from Mark saying how I had been reapproved and everything was fine and we could come in and pick up the car after signing a few things. I didn't even call back. The next day, he calls again and wants to know if we still want the car. I decide that I'll get the car since I got such a great interest rate and I loved the car. And, once again, we tell Mark to have all the paperwork ready so we can just get the car and go. Unfortunately, it didn't work out like that. We had called an hour ahead (and apparently that wasn't early enough) and he was just getting off his lunch break and he had three pieces of paper ready for me to sign. None of which being the important paperwork. He then told us that he would be right back. This time, he actually came back in under five minutes, but that was because he just came by to tell us that the paperwork was being printed right now. How many times did we have to tell him to have the paperwork ready? At this point, not only was I annoyed, but my mother was furious. They actually got into an argument in the middle of the room. He didn't seem to understand why she was so upset. She tried to explain that we had told him to have all of this ready, but he just brushed it off saying how they don't print off paperwork ahead of time because they only print paperwork when customers are here. That's just ridiculous. At one point, he even insulted my mother and called her a "mean person" and that we didn't have to buy the car. What salesman doesn't want to sell a car? Then he mentioned that while we were signing the rest of the paperwork, he was going to go and put in a full tank of gas in the car. Why didn't he do this before we drove over there? Why did he wait until we were already here when we had called ahead? I was literally about two seconds away from just walking away. Luckily for him, the man who was printing out the paperwork was done and we didn't have to deal with Mark anymore. the man who had printed off the paperwork was very nice. He explained what the important information meant and was the only positive thing about Phillips Toyota (not including the car). After I had signed all the paperwork, I was all ready to leave with my first car. But, once again, we had to wait for Mark to come back from putting gas in the car. After he finally got back, he shook both our hands as if the argument hadn't even happened, but I guess he wouldn't care since we bought the car. I will never buy another car from Phillips Toyota again. I've never met a salesman that would yell in the middle of the show room at a customer. He probably still has a job there either because his boss doesn't know about how horrible he is or his boss doesn't care. Either way, I will never buy a car there again. They just lost the future business of a 23 year old. Good job Mark (can you sense the sarcasm?).

Twitter
"Very poor service. Called for appointment for 15,000..."

Eariquier
1/16/2014 12:08:37 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No

1.8

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

Very poor service. Called for appointment for 15,000 check up. Told to "just come in". 1 1/2 hr wait for oil change & another hr for "free" car wash. Needed another appointment to fix recall item I was told could be done at time of check up.

Twitter
"This dealership is great. Great price on their vehicle. ..."

Jbolus
1/7/2014 7:02:37 PM

Chad Howell. Johnathan Harrica

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

This dealership is great. Great price on their vehicle. The only haggling was over our trade. No pressure, no gimmicks. No marathon sales deal. Very easy. Salesman. Chad Howell was very helpful and knowledgeable. Will do business withbagain

Twitter
"I VISITED THIS DEALER ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. ONLINE I..."

scottpolk
7/23/2013 6:23:31 PM

Royce Moreland
Sales/ Ed Langan
Finance Mgr/ Tim Ginther

1.5

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

I VISITED THIS DEALER ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. ONLINE I FOUND A PREOWNED CHRYSLER PT CRUISER ON THEIR LOT. UPON ENTERING THE DEALERSHIP I SPOKE TO ROYCE MORELAND A SALES REP & EXPLAINED THAT I HAD A LOW FICO SCORE (626) AND ASKED IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO GET FINANCED. THE CAR I SELECTED WAS $9,000 OUT THE DOOR. I WAS PUTTING $3,000. DOWN I WAS TOLD BY MR MORELAND THAT HE HAD A PREVIOUS BANKRUPTCY AND HE WAS ABLE TO GET FINANCED & THAT THEY HAD OVER 70 LENDERS THAT THEY WORKED WITH & I SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM . I FILLED OUT A CREDIT APPLICATION ON FRIDAY AND LEFT A $500 DEPOSIT. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD CALL ME TOMORROW (SATURDAY) WHEN I WAS FINALLY CALLED LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON I WAS TOLD BY MR MORELAND THAT THEY SUBMITTED THE LOAN TO 4 LENDERS AND ALL 4 TURNED THE LOAN DOWN BUT THEY WOULD KEEP SUBMITTING IT TO OTHER LENDERS AND SHOULD HAVE AN ANSWER ON MONDAY. LATE MONDAY MR MORELAND SAID THEY HAD SUBMITTED THE LOAN TO 4 LENDERS AND THEY ALL TURNED IT DOWN AND THERE WAS NOTHING MORE THEY COULD TO FOR ME. I WAS INSTRUCTED TO COME IN AND PICK UP MY DEPOSIT CHECK. I WENT TO ED LANGAN'S OFFICE TO PICK UP MY CHECK. I WAS KEPT WAITING IN EXCESS OF 30 MINUTES WHILE HE FINISHED WITH ANOTHER CUSTOMER. WHEN HE WAS FINISHED HE DASHED OUT THE BACK DOOR & DISAPPEARED FOR ANOTHER10 MINUTES. WHEN HE CAME BACK, I EXPLAINED WHO I WAS & HE PROCEEDED TO RUMMAGE AROUND A VERY UNORGANIZED DESK FOR MY FILE. HE THEN LOCATED IT IN EITHER HIS GARBAGE CAN OR FROM HIS "DISCARD PILE FROM UNDER HIS DESK. WITHOUT SAYING A WORD HE HANDED ME MY DEPOSIT CHECK THEN AGAIN LEFT HIS OFFICE. HE SEEMED TO BE A VERY ALOOF, COLD AND DISINTERSTED INDIVIDUAL. I PROCEEDED TO CALL & SPEAK TO TIM GINTHER WHO IS THE PREOWNED SALES MANAGER WHO WAS PATRONIZING TO SAY THE LEAST, SEEMED TO BE ON HIS WAY TO SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT. PERHAPS THERE WAS A BIG GAME ON TV.UPON ENDING OUR CONVERSATION MR GINTHER TOLD ME TO BE SURE & KEEP THEM IN MIND THE NEXT TIME I WAS IN THE MARKET FOR A CAR. FROM MY EXPERIENCE, I THINK THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN THE BIGGER EASIER DEAL. IN ADDITION, I DON'T THINK ANY CUSTOMER WOULD LIKE TO SEE THERE FILE RETRIEVED FROM THE TRASH OR JUNK PILE UNDER THE FINANCE MANAGERS DESK. FOR THESE REASONS I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALER TO ANYONE. AS THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES, I WOULD HOWEVER ADVISE PEOPLE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER

Twitter
"I recently worked with Jonathon Harrica over the..."

gmskts
7/7/2013 3:55:14 PM

Jonathan Harrica

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

I recently worked with Jonathon Harrica over the internet, on the telephone and in person. I found him to be very knowledgeable, professional and most of all a man of his word. Buying a new car is not my favorite thing to do but Jonathon made it a very pleasant experience. I entertained two other dealership but felt that Jonathon from Phillips Toyota was the best. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.

Twitter
"I had the most favorable, enjoyable experience at this..."

robin.tyrehudson
9/18/2012 6:53:59 PM

Jonathan Harrica

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

I had the most favorable, enjoyable experience at this dealership, EVER!! Jonathan Harrica, my salesman, was pleasant and very easy to deal with. I purchased the care I really wanted at a good price and got top dollar for my trade as well. No haggling was necessary. I also spoke with probably six other members of the sales & support team and all were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely do business with them again and recommend them highly to anyone looking for a great product at a fair price.

Twitter
"This was the best buying experience ive had . ..."

74fldart
8/10/2012 5:32:15 PM

johnathan harrica
mark hostler

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

This was the best buying experience ive had . Johnathan and mark went out of their way to see that i was satisfied , i was treated fairly and negotiated quickly to close the deal. This is a well run place.

Twitter
"Always greet us immediately with a smile, friendly group..."

toyota5
6/27/2012 11:15:54 AM

JOHN BACH
JUSTIN STOESCU
SONNY ROTHWELL

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

Always greet us immediately with a smile, friendly group of folks, make you feel at home, great service. Can't beat their prices or selection.

Twitter
"I built the Highlander I wanted on Edmunds.com and sent..."

edge0337
6/23/2012 4:18:35 PM

Jonathon Harrica

My Review Of Phillips Toyota:

I built the Highlander I wanted on Edmunds.com and sent it out via Edmund's to about 8 dealerships throughout central Florida. Jonathon at Phillips was the only sales person to stick to the price range and the build I sent to him. All the others came back with offers for other Highlanders, even other vehicles, not in line with my needs or price point. It was evident they never even looked what I wanted, or just ignored my build from Edmund's.

In the end, Jonathon and Phillips's stayed focused on the vehicle I wanted and came through with the best price as well. I was very pleased with their attention to detail and and commitment to what I was looking for instead of what they wanted to sell.

Highly recommended