Route 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

400 New Jersey 18 ,
East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816
Route 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Info
About Route 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

Route 18 Auto, aka Route 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram always maintains competitive new and pre-owned inventories of Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles. Staffed with experience sales representatives and top trained technicians, we're here to provide a fun, easy and valuable automotive shopping and service experience. Stop by our Route 18 Auto dealership today at 400 Route 18 to see for yourself!

About Route 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

Jeep33

"Best service ever"

I had just paid another shop to fix an issue that was not corrected. I went to RT 18 and they figured it out quickly my car was fixed right and on time. And even better when I picked up they had washed my car for me!

Dsharkey

"Quickie oil change"

I needed a quick oil change and at first was hesitant that a dealership could do anything quick, but when I went online to schedule an appointment the process was simple so I scheduled it. The day if my appointment I was taken in right away, service wait room was very clean and comfortable, tasteful magazine selection, bagels and coffee!! Richie Warren was super sweet and the staff seemed to all enjoy their jobs. Will def come back.

Sandra H

"NEGATIVE STARS!!!"

This is long, but well worth your time. I have a 2013 plum crazy challenger – purchased out of state, but I’ve utilized Route 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge for service related issues. First, there was a defect with the gas cap. I called service & was told to come in so they can take pictures in order to have it covered under warranty. I stopped in the following Saturday – at 3:02pm (service door was not locked & 2 employees at the desk) when I stated why I was there 1 employee looked at his watch & told me that they closed at 3:00pm. The other employee must have seen my face and said he would help me. He took the pics, said he would order the gas cap, and I’d get a call when it came in. 6-8 weeks later and no call. I called service & was told “yeah, its sitting here”. My next experience… received a recall notice for the engine timing chain (may fracture which can cause the engine to seize resulting in major engine damage). I called service to be told they don’t have the part in stock. I asked to be called when the part came in and was told “we don’t do that, you’ll have to check back”. My husband called back & asked why we couldn't get a call and was told “we don’t do that, we are too busy”. After requesting to speak with a manager the women said “I’ll make this one-time exception and call when the part comes in”. Two months pass and no phone call. I called and was told they had one part left. I made arrangements to drop the car off Sunday evening & was told the car would be ready Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon I called service for a status since I hadn’t heard from them. The women who answered said she couldn’t help me and would have an adviser call me. With service closing in two hours, I asked her to check on it. She became frustrated, put me on hold, and came back to tell me my car was in a bay and my engine had been removed. To sum this up (character limit here), my husband called & they had my car finished that day…however, when we got there we noticed 3 chips in the hood paint. We asked for a manager, Ben Farber, who told us they have a guy that comes in on Tuesdays that repairs scratches, chips, etc. & gave us a “We Owe” slip that specifically states “Fix paint chips in hood to customer satisfaction. At least three pointed out and acknowledged”. He told me to drop the car off Monday night, and that he would be on vacation that week but he would inform another manager that I’d be dropping it off. At approx 12 noon I received a call from Ann in service stating my car would not be repaired that day - the guy that comes in on Tues. was on vacation. So we went to pick up the car – to find it parked with the doors unlocked & the passenger window half open. We inspected the car & noticed there was now a scratch in the decal above the door handle & two light scratches on the front fender that were not there the night before. Again, we asked for a manager, Rich Warren. He said I should not have been told the repair could not be done that day, that they could have, and should have, made arrangements with the body shop they use. He promised that he would get the repair done the following day & went further to say he may drive the car to the body shop himself & he would give us a loaner car. He also said he would have the car parked inside for the night. So you can see the type of people working on cars here, when he handed the keys to the mechanic and told him to park it inside the mechanic replied “I don’t know where the f*@k you expect me to put it” (yes he did!) – I don’t think he realized I was in the room. In the end I left the car in their hands again (big mistake). At around 1:30 pm the next day I received a call from Chris Lardieri the service director. He said they would fix the decal but that was it. He denied the damage to the hood was done while the car was at the dealer, and said it was due to usual road debris, & said that all they would do is touch it up with touch up paint. As you can imagine at this point, I could see the quality of this – three big blobs of touch up paint. When I expressed my dissatisfaction (and I admit I got a little irate at this point as I would imagine anyone would) he said they now wouldn’t do any repair at all. Ben Farber and Rich Warren promised it will be repaired - misleading liars is an understatement. I picked up my car that evening and will NEVER step foot in this dealership again! They are EXTREMELY DISORGANIZED, they don’t communicate with each other AT ALL & if you read other reviews on them MY CAR IS NOT THE FIRST CAR THEY HAVE DAMAGED and tried to get away with it! THEY ARE DISHONEST LIARS!! It’s a shame organization's like this get away with screwing the consumer. We are informing Chrysler Headquarters of this dealerships poor service. Looking at some other negative reviews, the dealership responds with the typical BS and excuses and never takes responsibility for their actions. DON'T LET THEM SCREW YOU TOO!

Sandra H responded to this review

August 31, 2016

Not only are you guys liars, you are delusional if you think what you did was going out of your way. And I guess me and/or my husband having to constantly call service for updates is somehow your interpretation of communicating with us every step of the way. I ended up dropping my car off 2 times after the recall work for absolutely nothing but more damage to be done. Two of your employees (Ben Farber and Rich Warren) both said ALL damage would be repaired and Ben gave us a "we owe" stating the hood would be fixed to customer satisfaction" - I guess that piece of paper serves the same purpose as toilet paper. I found 5 other customer reviews over the last year or two stating you damaged their cars - and numerous reviews about how horrible the service department and its employees are. I just wish I had looked these up before making the mistake of bringing my car there! I can assure you nobody I know or come in contact with will make the same mistake.

August 31, 2016

Our apologies that you are so distressed over your experience with us. We went out of our way to offer to help fix the light paint chips that were in fact not done while in our care, we communicated with you every step of the way, fixed the recall, and provided you with a loaner car. We wish you the best. Thank you for your feedback.

Caliber83
8/16/2016

"Terrible dealership"

This is the worst dealership in NJ. I have bought two cars from them. The first when the where Mcdonaugh Dodge then my current vehicle from Route 18. So I get my 2nd car and my salesman says oh by the way you get a free car wash with every service. They still haven't washed my car. None the less their service advisors are terrible and rude, every time I have called to have an oil change done it's a 2 week wait, so I go somewhere else. So I get my car serviced today and on the report it says I operate my key fob improperly, cause it's so hard. I will never buy another car from this dealership and do not recommend this dealership to anyone. The only bright spot for this dealership is Glen Hedges, I wish he would go to another dealership.

Lemon Challenger
8/10/2016

" My experience was horrible at Route 18 due to the service d"

Unfriendly service department the car I bought has nothing but problems no issues with the sales department just want them to fix my car thanks .

Don't want to mention

August 29, 2016

Sorry to hear you weren’t happy with your service experience! I appreciate the feedback. Please give me a call so I can look into this further. Hope you have a great day. Chris Lardieri, Service and Parts Director, 732-387-2601

behzad
8/04/2016

"DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME !!!!"

I have never had such a bad experience with a dealership. Communication with these guys is the least efficient and least pleasant task on the planet earth... During last 4 days, Darius and Gerardo have provided me with the least respect and attention possible. Since I was calling from a long distance, these people could NOT believe that I wanted to buy a car from their dealership. I swear to God, during last four days, I have called and emailed these two guys more than 30 times, just because they have a car that I have been looking for for a LONG time! Due to the distance, I asked them to send me the followings: (1) In the pictures, I see a small scratched/damaged part on the body behind the front wheel of the passenger side. It's on the lower part of the body. Please send me a picture of that. (2) Please take pictures of tire treads. (3) Please take a picture of side bolsters of the driver seat. (4) Please open the hood and take two pictures (from top) of the edges of the front bumpers. (5) Please walk around the car and and if you see any scratch/damage on the body or bumpers let me know. Gerardo simply did not reply and Darius replied that these are "quite comprehensive" and I need walk out of the office to find these information. Yes he should move and that's a "quite comprehensive" thing!!! Btw, after two days, he promised to send me the information today. But guess what, he didn't again. Enough is enough... These people definitely do NOT deserve my business. I hope their manager reads this because his dealership lost a super easy and sweet deal just because of the ignorance of these two guys...

August 08, 2016

Darius and myself have both done our best to meet your expectations and answer all of your questions via email & phone the past several days. We understand that there are many questions and concerns that may arise from not seeing the actual vehicle in person. Our apologies if we did not provide you with the amount of attention that you were looking for, but I assure you we have nothing but respect for all our customers and their needs. We have provided you with numerous photos and a video walk around of the car knowing that you have very specific needs. You also informed us that you had a trade-in that you wanted us to assess without actually seeing it, which we gave you guidance on as well. It is obvious that the communication was becoming frustrating for you. If there is anything further you would like to go over, you have our contact information. We wish you well in your car shopping! Thanks again for your time, Gerardo Giordano - Director of Business Development

TA
7/25/2016

"Disappointed"

I work in East Brunswick so I rely on Rt 18 Jeep to service my 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Liter Hemi Engine. Today I dropped it off for an oil change. I was very rushed and did not check my repair records before I left the vehicle. Service called me and recommended three additional services - I trusted them to review the records accurately and agreed to the service. When I got home and checked my records - two of the services were required - the third - was not. Additionally when I took the vehicle off of the lot the service indicators for the tires and the oil change had not been reset. The air pressure in the tires had not been checked either. Service took care of the oversights promptly upon my immediate return however I must call my guy and let him know he really let me down this time by replacing 16 spark plugs that had just been replaced at his dealership 11,000 miles ago.

Prefer not to name employee because I want to give him the opportunity to fix his mistake.

archen4
6/15/2016

"Dishonest. Stay away!"

This dealership sold me a car having represented that there was no issue with the front brakes, because I was specifically concerned that there might be after hearing a noise while test driving it. They had their service department inspect it, and told me that there was no problem at all. The noise went away for a short time, but continued after I bought the car. I asked them to have another look at it, which they did, and said there was, yet again, no problem. Months later, I found out through my own mechanic that the front rotors were in horrible condition, and that's what was causing the noise. I asked my mechanic if it was possible that the service department just missed it somehow when they were inspecting, and he said "No way! I'm sorry but they're either incompetent, or they lied to you." I've been using this mechanic for years, and he has proven a very honest and astute mechanic. I tried to rectify the situation with the managers of the dealership, but they dusted me off their shoulders. I will never be back to this dealership, and I will tell everyone I know as long as I live that they are crooks. Sad, because the salesperson, Keith, was quite nice, and I know this wasn't his fault. I hope he finds a new job where the dealership has some semblance of integrity. Snakes in the grass. STAY AWAY!

Keith Dickinson, Jason (Manager)

June 29, 2016

Hi Philip, We value all of our customers and rely on their satisfaction and loyalty to keep us in business. We are so sorry to hear that you feel you were lied to. I assure you that we never lied to you and would never be dishonest with a customer. You purchased your car a year ago and put 16,000+ miles on it. Your salesperson, Keith, said that he reached out to you but if you would like to discuss further, please contact me and we can go over the details. Thank you. - Chris Lardieri, Service & Parts Director

john
6/13/2016

"Service Department is great thanks for service"

They help you out and if the car has and other issues they will address it with no problem. I have been to other dealers and rt 18 beats them out 100 to 1.

Mike F
6/08/2016

"Ann Schulz. fantastic customer rep! "

I had major issue with my vehicle, and Anne Schulz , my customer rep, worked tirelessly me throughout the process to get my vehicle repaired and back on the road. To say she went the extra mile would be an understatement. i have done business with RT 18 Chrysler for many years, and have no reason to even think of going elsewhere Thanks Ann for all your help Mike

Reviews of Rich Warren