Whitaker Buick GMC

Whitaker Buick GMC

Call
Whitaker Buick GMC Info
About Whitaker Buick GMC

Hello! Whitaker Buick GMC is a family owned and operated dealership in business since 1954. We are located in beautiful Forest Lake on the north side of the Mpls-St.Paul metro area, on I-35 just 4 miles north of the I-35E/I-35W split.Whether you're in need of a new or used vehicle, or parts/service, our goal is to make you completely satisfied with our dealership so that you want to return again for any of your automotive needs. Our dealership is proud to have earned the Better Business Bureau's INTEGRITY AWARD, and is the only dealership in MN to have received this distinction. We sell and service nearly all makes and models and look forward to serving you. Please give us the opportunity to earn your business, and then you be the judge!

About Whitaker Buick GMC

Saturday Closed

• fireplace and plasma TV

"Used Vehicle purchase with Trade-In"

Had a great used car purchase experience at Whitaker. Tom Ruka was very friendly and helpful. We felt like we got a good deal on a newer car that we love!

Thomas Ruka

October 25, 2014

Thank you for the kind words Toni! We're glad you felt well served here at Whitaker and will pass your comments along to Tom Ruka. We appreciate your business and hope you're enjoying your new ride!

"A GREAT Dealership!!"

I was very well informed on all the bells and whisles in the truck!I was very comfortable working with Mike Gaydos.Thank you all!! Scott H.

August 29, 2014

Your marvelous review means a lot to us. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Mike was able to meet your needs. At the dealership, we always strive to provide the utmost in quality and customer satisfaction, and we try our best to make the car buying experience as easy and stress-free as possible for all of our customers. We look forward to assisting you with your future sales and service needs. Thank You, Steve Whitaker, Owner and General Manager

"Buying a new truck"

Working with Jim Lapadat was great i told him what kind of truck i was looking for and he found one for me. I was just looking for a 2 door and 2 wheel drive truck no thrills. He listen to what i wanted and did not try to sell me something i did not want. He found what i wanted in less then a week. He also help me with after market add ons bed liner,tono cover mud flips so i did not have to go somewhere else to get it done. So when i came to pick up my new truck it was all ready to go. He did a very good job of getting my truck and all the paper work done and going over how the truck works. I a very satisfied with Jim Lapadat and the dealer ship he works for it was a no stress event and fun o work with. Tom Graff White Bear Lake MN.

Jim Lapadat

May 30, 2014

Thank you Tom, for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience here at Whitaker. We're glad to hear that you were served well by our Sales Consultant Jim Lapadat. We hope you are enjoying your new Sierra, and want you to know that we appreciate your business!

"Great Service but Finance Experience was Tough"

We purchased a low mileage Yukon. The Sales Dept and follow up was great. All of our needs were met. The financing piece was a challenge. We were pre-approved with our bank but signed the paperwork at the Dealer to save a trip. I regret that decision. We completed the paperwork and took the car home. A week later we learned that the dealer did not have us sign all of the paperwork for our bank. We went back and signed more forms. 10 days later, we were not seeing the loan in our account. After contacting our bank they said they still needed 2 more forms and had left 3 messages for the dealer with no response. We found the paperwork they needed, dropped it off at our bank and the loan was finished. It took over 30 days for the dealer to get their money and a lot of hassle for us. Next time, I will work with my bank directly. Everything else in the process was good- definitely go there but fill out loan paperwork at the bank!

Paul Novak

April 25, 2014

We're sorry that there were delays in processing the paperwork. Each bank has a different set of requirements, but try as we do, sometimes there are additional forms that we may not have been aware of. Please accept our apologies for any inconvienence this caused you. We appreciate your business, and hope that everything is now in order. Please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns. We hope you enjoy your new Yukon!

"Took in our 2010 Buick LaCrosse for "Service Rear..."

Took in our 2010 Buick LaCrosse for "Service Rear Axle" indicator light. Was low clutch fluid. They added half quart of fluid and charged us $320.

Tony

mjufrontiernetnet responded to this review

February 18, 2014

FOLLOW UP: Whitaker was (VERY) quick to respond to my review. The did take some time to explain the process of trouble-shooting. They gave an additional 10% discount so total ended up being $285. They were working from same TSB I had found on-line (TSB PI-0703-B). I am still troubled why any work on sealed clutch assembly would not be covered under the powertrain warranty -- but apparently it was not.

"I had a very exceptional experience from Whitaker Buick...."

I had a very exceptional experience from Whitaker Buick. I was dreading the hassle and pressure of a new car purchase. Steve Whitaker was with me every step of the way. Brad Madison taught me everything I needed to know about the operation of the car, before I left the showroom. He quickly assessed my needs as a learner and was considerate of the time I had available. Then, Brad followed-up with a phone call to see how I was doing with the operation of the car and invited me to come in to answer any additional questions I might have. I made an appointment for what I call some "nice to know" features, because I feel comfortable with the "need to know" features. I am very appreciative with the excellent service I received from both Steve and Brad. They made me feel special!

Brad Madison

December 09, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of your vehicle purchase experience here at Whitaker. We are happy to know you feel well taken care of, and that you're excited with your new vehicle! We appreciate your businees and look forward to serving you in the future.

"The sales team is very friendly and seemingly honest. ..."

The sales team is very friendly and seemingly honest. The price is competitive - which is why I bought a vehicle here. Unfortunately, I bought a used Jeep with 44K miles on it. When I brought it home I had a hard time starting it the next day...and the next....and next. Finally I could only start it by jumping it in the morning with my 50 amp battery charger. This is my bad luck - except for the fact the sales manager was using this Jeep to drive to and from work - which tells me he knew about the issue. Living far away I found a local dealer that replaced the TIPM (totally integrated program module) that was a common problem in the 2011 Jeep and caused the issue of not starting that I had experienced. The dealer was Fury motors and they did the work under a courtesy warranty - as the Jeep was out of warranty (very nice - I will buy my next vehicle there). Once replaced, It not only fixed the starting problem but made my digital fictions work as well as several interior lights - which makes me believe the owner of Whitaker GMC that supposedly new Jeeps was fully aware of the issues and still sold and the vehicle. I buy a new / used vehicle about every two years. This is the first time I felt a problem was unloaded to me - I do not recommend this dealer in any way shape of form - sorry to say.

October 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Holman, Our dealership participates in the Dealer Rater Certified Dealer program. We are committed to providing high quality customer service, but based on your review, you did not share that experience. This is disappointing to us, and we'd like an opportunity to change your viewpoint of our dealership. First, we're sorry that you incurred trouble with the vehicle. Second, we want you to know that the Manager who drove the vehicle never experienced the problem that you did - the last thing we would ever do is offer a vehicle for sale that has a problem we know about. Our reputation is built on over 59 years of keeping our customers happy, so we would never risk that. We would have been happy to get involved with the repair of the issue, but it sounds like that has already been done. Let me know if there is something we can do it this point to restore your confidence in Whitaker. Feel free to email me through this portal, or call me personally at 651-464-5612. Thank you, Steve Whitaker, Owner and General Manager.

"We have purchased several cars from Jerry Dreckman at..."

We have purchased several cars from Jerry Dreckman at Whitaker Buick. He listens to what you want and then sets out to find that car. We never feel rushed to make a decision and he makes you feel that you are his only customer- even though that is not true. The LaCrosse we just purchased was what we really wanted, but we had come to the conclusion that it would be more expensive than we wanted. On Labor Day, Jerry called and had found one that was within our price range. It is over and above what we thought we would get- we love it. Jerry gives exceptional service and that is why we continue to go back to him for our car purchases. We have all of our maintenance done at Whitaker and have been more than pleased with the service in that department also. Thanks Jerry and thanks Whitaker Buick!

September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and effort to leave your review - we appreciate it! But most importantly, we're glad to know of the high level of service you received from Jerry Dreckman. Finding the right vehicle and making it work within your budget is what it's all about, and it sounds like Jerry helped you get just what you wanted. We also appreciate your comments about our Service Department as well. We hope you enjoy your new LaCrosse!

"Mike Gaydos is an extremely honest and genuine salesmen. ..."

Mike Gaydos is an extremely honest and genuine salesmen. I really appreciated his patience and expertise with Buick line of cars. He spent nearly 3 hours of his time with the careful explanation of the ins an outs of our new vehicle. He even offered to come help us set up the Homelink for our garage door. I highly recommend Mike Gaydos and the Forest Lake Dealership to all of my family and friends. I am satisfied with my new Buick Regal.

June 18, 2013

Thank you for your detailed and complimentary review. We're glad to hear that Mike did a thorough explanation on your new car, as we know there are a lot of new things to learn! We want you to know we appreciate your business, and hope you're enjoying your new Regal!

"Brad was knowledgeable and friendly. He took the time I..."

Brad was knowledgeable and friendly. He took the time I needed to get familiar with the features of the my new Terrian. He made sure the gas tank was full and the car was wiped down even in the rain. Customer service is excellent at this dealership. I would strongly recommend them for the purchase of your next vehicle!

Brad Madison

May 31, 2013

Glad to hear that your experience with Brad and our dealership went well! We thank you for your business and your recommendation - enjoy your new Terrain!

Reviews of Mike Gaydos