Great experience with the sales team, 5 stars for the salesman! The negative review is for the finance team. We dealt with Nurbina on a slow Wednesday morning a couple weeks ago, but it looks like from other reviews all the people from the finance department are doing this so it seems like they are trained/ instructed to:
Must read before buying any vehicle:
Be very careful and double check all the paperwork and numbers!! Search for "car loan calculator" on google (you can do this on your smart phone) and type in your loan amount, interest rate, and loan period and it will give you what your monthly payment is going to be. Make sure that on all your paperwork and especially the final paperwork that the loan amount and monthly payment matches! Don't believe their excuses for why it is not matching, it will match 100% or you're getting ripped off.
1. They push you to purchase the extended warranty and maintenance packages. DO NOT fall for this. Do NOT purchase any of these packages.
2. They tried to say that my monthly payments will be decreased and they will give me a lower interest rate to compensate for the package, but just demand that you get the same lower interest rate without the package. They will do it for sure otherwise it is unethical.
3. I'm fine with them trying to sell me packages, that's normal at any dealership, but then they were totally out of line. After declining the packages, when signing the final paperwork we noticed the monthly payment was slightly off by $45 (We almost missed it), But if we didn't catch it, $45 x 63 payments= $2,835 so I would have ended up spending that much extra regardless even if I paid it off early! They snuck in the extended maintenance package into the final payment even after we declined it.
4. Here is where it is completely unethical, they are very tricky. They make you sign on the extended warranty paper listing all the packages saying you decline it, but in actuality you are signing in one of the columns for one of the packages. After we caught the mistake on the final paperwork then they went back and wrote next to our signature on the maintenance packages "customer declined package" so make sure they write that on there when you are signing it the first time (or better yet you should write that) otherwise they WILL try to slip it in.
5. If you absolutely want the extended warranty or any of the packages (A waste of money in my opinion) You can buy them outside the dealership at a later time at a fraction of the price.
All in all we got a great car at the price we wanted and we were fortunate to catch their unethical practices, but buyer beware we wanted to share our experience so other customers do not get taken advantage of. Remember, at the end of the day minor increases in your payments can really affect your finances in the future. Think long term. You can end up with $1000s extra to put towards your next vehicle.