Heritage Mazda Catonsville

Steve  Sherman, Sales Associate, Heritage Mazda Catonsville

Steve Sherman

Sales Associate

September 07, 2018

"Joe Garner did a great job"

- athierer

Experience started off a little shaky but Joe helped make everything right and helped make the car buying experience better then expected. He was very easy to contact and made the overall experience good.

Joe Summers
Joe Garner

September 05, 2018

"Horrible customer service experience with used car"

- Rmerk

I purchased a used truck from Heritage Mazda back in May. During the test drive, it was discovered that the AC was blowing hot air and was broken. Per our agreement, Heritage Mazda was to completely fix the AC unit before I purchased the truck later that day. When I came back in the afternoon, the truck’s AC was functional and we signed paperwork. Fast forward a few months and my AC has started blowing hot air again. I took the truck back to Heritage Mazda and Herbert, the salesman, and Joe, the sales manager, started taking care of me. They had their techs take a look at my truck but referred me to the Heritage Dodge dealership as they would be more experienced with Dodge AC units. When I took my truck to Heritage Dodge, they were incredibly helpful and willing to work with me. However, since Heritage Mazda was the one paying for the diagnostics and repairs, Heritage Dodge needed approval from Heritage Mazda which took over a week. I had to take time out of my work day to get with Heritage Mazda in order for them to give Heritage Dodge permission to only charge the system with a dye. Upon pick up of my truck one week later, the refrigerant had leaked back out within hours of being charged with the dye and they had found that the evaporator had been leaking. I told Heritage Dodge that I would be dropping it back off for repair Monday. It then took another week of waiting, multiple calls to Mazda, and multiple voicemails to call me and or Dodge to find out what to do about this problem. I had left multiple voicemails to at least call me and let me know what the next step is. After one week of the truck sitting at Dodge, they finally got an answer from Mazda that they would not be covering anything towards fixing the evaporator. This problem pre-existed my ownership of the truck, and the sale of the truck was contingent on the repair of the AC. The truck was sold to me with a 60 day warranty on all parts of the AC unit, so instead of fixing the true problem, they did the bare minimum of repairs by putting a “band-aid” on a serious problem of just adding refrigerant for just long enough to let the 60 days pass. This is the worst customer service from a local company I have ever received. My wife and I have bought multiple cars from Miller Brothers Chevrolet in Ellicott City, Norris Acura in Ellicott City, and now Heritage Mazda in Catonsville. I will never return to Heritage Mazda Catonsville, nor will I be referring anyone to Heritage Mazda of Catonsville. I tried to find a reasonable solution to this problem, but found that this was my only option due to the circumstances of their poor customer service. They will say anything just to make a sale, so buyer beware!!

September 04, 2018

"Very Good service"

- chuckster711

My sales guy was Bradlee Pratt, and even though it was very busy that day he managed to serve my needs. He made everything very clear to me, all the while staying very professional. My wife loves her CX-5 and for that I thank you.

Tosh Gray