my experience w/ DCH Honda of Oxnard GM, Manager, & service dept due to airbag recall. i have to say from the top down they completely disappointed and didn't try to make up for their missteps:
1) a person named robert called me and he supposedly set up a time to tow my car upon my request for two reasons - the recall for the driver side airbag and the registration on the car expired because it needed a smog this year and since i signed a contract with honda stating i would not drive the car on the open road i couldn't obtain the smog. so the day comes when the tow truck is supposed to show and they are supposed to fix my car and it was a complete no show! no call, no communication, and robert did not return my calls. i left voice messages and text messages with my point of contact which was robert and no return call. a day off of work w/ no pay for no reason.
2) the following week a new person calls me and this time it's linda- i explained what i had already discussed with robert and mentioned to her that, no i am not driving my car in because of the expired tags due to the car having the airbag recall and not being able to drive the car on the open road due to the contract i signed with honda. she gave me an attitude and then i questioned why she was calling me and that i thought i was supposed to be dealing with robert and asked why robert canceled on me with no notice and had me waste a day from work. she tells me that he had a "family emergency" (remember this for later). so after this new lady is done giving me an attitude about having to send out a tow truck, she schedules the pick up for later that week. so, the day comes, i took yet another day off of work and another no show, no call, no return calls...nothing! i have now missed 2 days from work w/ no pay for nothing.
3) following week robert calls back, leaves a message stating that honda is going to cancel the rental tomorrow, you need to bring the car in today. really? so i call robert's line yet again, of course no answer - noticing the trend yet? i leave a message with robert stating that i have been more than compliant trying to get this issue resolved and honda has canceled on me multiple times and did not have the decency to call or give any sort of notice that they had broken their word to their customer on multiple occasions and i have missed multiple days of work so i lost money on two days already and didn't appreciate the way they were speaking to me. i hang up and call the main line...the receptionist answers and i ask to speak with the main manager, she states he's not in and i could leave a message - so here we go again, i leave a voice message detailing the events that have led up to today. as soon as i hang up, robert calls back, i said, so what's going on? you had an interesting tone on your message and i also asked robert what happened to the scheduled pickup a couple of weeks ago? the agreement we had? and robert's response was that he got unexpected free time off - xxx does that mean? and how is it that he couldn't reach out to say that the appointment would be canceled? so robert says he received unexpected free time off and linda said robert had an emergency - someone might be lying.
4) after talking to robert for a short while, i decided robert was not the guy to talk to. i told robert i had called and left a message for the GM and the conversation i had with that guy would determine what was going to happen with my car. about 20 min later, some guy calls me stating they were the manager (at this point i had no reason to believe they were not the person i left the message with). i'm a little upset at this point and share my displeasure, disappointment, and frustration with the way this whole ordeal has been handled. eventually he says he would send the tow truck that day, get the car smogged at the dealership, and replace the battery (the battery had now died by this time). i asked them what if any discount they could provide for all the hassle, missed appointments and inconvenience they have put me through not including missing 2 days of work without pay. Zero discount, just "sorry for the inconvenience." really? that's how DCH Honda of Oxnard badly treats their customers? with lies, misleadings, cancelations, no callbacks, nothing...got it. fine, i'm done talking with these guys, i just want this done and over with. i tell the guy just get it fixed. he says ok, so the smog and the battery will come out to 175$ total (ended up being $197.76 = another lie!)
5) 30 min later i received another call/msg - hello this is nick, the GM at DCH Honda of Oxnard. i call back immediately and i ask who i talked to if he was the GM? he didn't know and was going to look into the whole matter and call back "immediately" so watch for his call. guess what - no return call at all. so from the GM all the way down their word means 0!!
6) get the car back and they couldn't even give it a wash. customer service is not their culture!
I Recommend This Dealer:
robert bentencourt, linda, and kelvin
Did you find this review helpful?