Steve Rayman Chevrolet

Martin Breig

November 16, 2016

"My Experience"

- davepar3

This is for the service department. I let my first “scammy” experience with you slide 2 years ago but after it happened again last week I am obligated to share it with others so they don’t fall for the bait. My story is this. I recently had my wheels stolen off my Tahoe. After the insurance company put new wheels back on it would shake hard after hitting 70/75. Had tires re balanced by several shops and nothing fixed it. Took it to Steve Rayman to get it looked at. First day in there they said it was an alignment issue and fixed alignment (and also upsold me on sway links for my suspension but I will consider that decently legit, I think?). No big deal. Tahoe still shook. Took it back in the next day. Said two of my brand new Michelin tires were “out of road force spec”. Said tires needed total replacement for $560 or something like that. At that point I called my insurance company back and they said if that was the case I needed to go to Jim Ellis in Buford b/c that is who they have their account with and if something did need to be replaced they are the ones who have to do it. I told this to Steve Rayman and had them not do anymore work on it and paid them $120 I guess to do the “road force check”. Anyways, went to Jim Ellis on Saturday and the techs there did the road force check on my tires and said they were perfectly fine. Well inside the road force spec of 26 pounds per tire (under 20 on each) when Steve Rayman said 2 of them were at 32 and 35. The Jim Ellis guys almost laughed when I told them that I was told they were out of road force spec b/c it probably only happens about one out of every 10,000 tires with Michelin's. That is the reason you buy Michelin's, so you don't have to deal with this crap. Long story short, Steve Rayman either #1 flat out lied to me to try and sell me 2 new tires I didn’t need or #2 has a broken road force testing machine. Maybe I would know if my “service advisor” would respond to my emails regarding the different test results I received at Jim Ellis (crickets). Normally I would give the benefit of the doubt and just go somewhere else and not write a bad review. This is probably the only bad review I have ever written. The reason I’m doing it now is b/c this is not the only time I have felt cheated leaving that service department. A few years back I went in for a transmission fluid change and the service guy called me saying my transmission fluid pump is leaking fluid everywhere and needs to be changed for a cool $1,500. I had never noticed a leak or anything like that and said no thanks not today. Took it in to another shop that I trust and the guys said it was perfectly fine. I’m sorry but lightening doesn’t strike twice. Don’t be fooled by their incredibly friendly “service advisors” that come to greet you. They know what they are doing and are very good at. Once you tell them you are not going to buy the additional shit they try and sell you they become a different person. Night and day. They are out for a sale. I have no doubt each of the "service advisors" have sales goals they are trying to meet just like the guys on the floor do who are selling new cars. No thanks. I’ll take my business elsewhere.

November 10, 2016

"Best Service Consultant "

- Lads

Martin is very patient and concerned about the car service needed. Always gives me quality care and takes the time to listen to my needs.

November 02, 2016

"Untruthful"

- Disappointed Customer

I drove 135 miles to look at a truck. Prior to my arrival, I contacted the dealer to ask several question about the truck I was considering buying. My number one concern was rust. I asked if the truck had any visible rust. The reply I received was "We inspect all of our used vehicle and we would not have a vehicle on the lot that has rust". That was a lie. When I arrived at the dealership to look at the truck I noticed the front bumper was rusted completely through. Not only was the bumper rusted, the undercarriage showed significate signs of northern exposure and well as the engine compartment. Some of the brackets holding engine components were rusted so bad that the components were hanging just by the hoses that were hooked to them. I took the day off from work to purchase this truck and was very disappointed when I arrived and saw the condition of the vehicle when I was assured the truck was in a rust free condition. Buyer beware. Don't believe a word they say.

New 2016 Chevrolet Suburban, $69013