Advantage Chevrolet of Hodgkins

Mike Armstrong, New Car Sales Manager, Advantage Chevrolet of Hodgkins

Mike Armstrong

New Car Sales Manager

December 19, 2018

"Law enforcement first responders stay away"

- Jrphillips

First responders beware: Brothers and sisters in law enforcement I recently (within two weeks) purchased a 2011 Ford Edge from advantage Chevy for an Xmas president for my son. The sales rep Ernie seemed like a decent somewhat honest (for a used car salesman)guy even told me “we (advantage Chevy in Hodgkins) take care of first responders (police firemen, military) and give discounts as a thank you. I’m a law enforcement officer myself and told Ernie I’m sure u tell everyone that. Ernie tells me no really we r giving you a 15 day 500 mile warranty so take the edge to your mechanic or a ford mechanic have it checked out and if anything wrong bring it back and we will fix it. Ernie also said our mechanics went through the car, checked everything out and put brake pads and new tires on. I picked up the edge drive it directly to my mechanic a few days later my mechanic calls to report the vehicle needs new tie rods ( was surprised the wheels hadn’t fallen off yet) rac in pinion steering hoses( the one on was rigged and leaking currently done) front struts, leaking rear seal, brake light out on pass side front brakes were “psd slapped” needs new rotors the ones on are rusted out. The bill was 2400 to conduct repairs. My mechanic was surprised this vehicle was checked out by a Chevy dealer and they ignored to fix all these problems or disclose it I called and texted Ernie several times with surprisingly no response. Ernie finally responded to me via text and gave me the used car managers number John Mack and said call him. I did and Mack wouldn’t help told me the warranty should’ve been explained better and it was limited to the engine. I said why would your sales rep tell me to take it to my mechanic have it looked at and any repairs needed bring it back within 15 days and we will fix it. Mack said we are not repairing it that was it. I said you guys preach that you are pro law enforcement, first responders military and your still not going to help me? At least pay for half the bill. Mack said we don’t know your mechanic I said the repairs aren’t done yet I’ll bring the car back so u can fix it like Ernie said to do. Mack still said no. Bothers and sisters please stay away from advantage Chevy in hodgkins. No deal is good enough when within three days of purchasing you have a 2400 repair bill!!!

John Mack
Other Employees : Ernie

November 26, 2018

"Thankful "

- Findel12

Thanks for all you did for us! I recommend Chevy Advantage. I bought two cars there. I like the service in sales and management. Thanks Dannis and Joe.

Other Employees : Joe chiquito

November 07, 2018

"Thank you for all you do!!!!!!"

- Darlene747

My third dealership in 1 week drove in with a 2014 drove out with a 2018 fully loaded Thank you to Cyril and Dennis Reilly for making it happen!!!!

Other Employees : Cyril