Gurnee Volkswagen

3.4

6301 W Grand Ave, Gurnee, Illinois 60031 Directions

121 Reviews of Gurnee Volkswagen

October 09, 2018

"Smooth and Transparent Dealership!!!"

- Kilowatt27

Everyone from Larry Newman in management to our sales team Danny and Matt made our experience very easy, quick, and transparent. They had our car ready to show when we arrived and handled all our concerns. We couldn't be happier with this dealer!

Larry Newman
October 08, 2018

"New car"

- VW Tamy

Fast, nice, personalable. Sandi was really great. They showed me everything in the new car. Made sure that I was comfortable before I left the dealership. Financing was painless.

Sandi Negrau
October 04, 2018

"Worst dealer experience I’ve ever had. "

- Jake24

I’m writing this review from an experience I had last december, hopefully things have changed. That being said, I brought my car in to trade for a 2018 Tiguan SEL. It started off very nice, went through the usual motions, test driving and negotiating. I decided the orange SEL 4motion was the one I wanted. They told me that these were very hard to come buy and it would take some time to locate, no problem I said. We talked about price and came to the agreement of X dollars a month. The salesman was new so he brought the GM in at the end, Jason I believe. Where they told me I had to put down a $2000 deposit and give them my car. So I gave them the deposit, went home cleaned out my belongings and brought in two sets of keys, this will be important later. They gave me a Jetta as a loaner which was a great car and nice of them. Now two weeks have gone by with no word so I call the dealership to talk to my salesman, he’s new so I cut him some slack. No big deal. He tries pushing me onto the trim level below sel, again I know that’s his job and searching the U.S. for a car is a pain, I kindly decline. Another week goes by with no word so I text the salesman, he responds saying he no longer works for the dealership. Okay, so I call the dealership explain who I am, they have no idea who I am, now I’m getting worried they have my very nice car and $2000! They finally figure it out and give me to a new salesman. He says they are still looking for the orange sel, he asks would any other color work because it’s not looking good. I said sure, white or grey would be great too. He says he’ll get right on it and let me know. Now I’m on vacation and to his credit he had been emailing for the past two weeks, so now I’ve been waiting for this suv for about a month and a half, in the middle of winter, when the whole reason I was buying an awd vehicle instead of a fwd car. He says they found a white one and it’ll be in next week. Great news! When I get home my car had arrived, so I go right in. They show it to me and I loved it! This review is no reflection on the vw brand by the way! So we go into the finance office, sit down and they hit me with the “new” price. It’s $250 a month more than the price I originally agreed to and signed off on when I gave the deposit. I was dumbstruck and very irritated. I tell them that we had agreed upon the price of x and they said to me “I don’t know where you got that from?” They then proceeded to tell me that price x was not possible and there’s nothing they could do. I said no deal and I’ll take my car and money back. They get my keys and tell me they can’t refund my money back to my card and that it will be mailed to me. I have no choice so I say okay and leave. I get home to discover that one key is for my car and the other is another Chevy key. Honest mistake, I drive back and get the gm’s attention and tell him they gave me the wrong keys, again one was right, one was wrong. After looking around for about 15 minutes the gm, Jason comes back and tells me, to my face, that only gave them one key in the first place. I say ok, if that’s true, why would you give me 2 keys back? He then proceeded to tell me I’m lying. Not implying it, but actually saying “Well you’re just lying”. Wow, I though that’s a first from the leader of an organization. So I left not wanting to cause a scene. I’ll chalk it up to a loss. SO, now it’s been about ten days and I’m still waiting for my check. I go in again, because I’m a sucker for punishment, and ask for the check. The gm says they can’t give it to me, it has to be mailed from the office, and it’s already been mailed. Again, nothing I can do. So I leave and wait. Another week goes by and still no check, I live 8 minutes from the dealership the mail would take 4 days max? I gave up and went to my bank to get my money back, I filed a claim and the guy helping me said it could take 2 months. I got my money within three days! I’m just speculating but I bet I’m not the only one who had to file a claim to get my money back. I know this was a lot to read and I hope I’m the rule not the exception but the way I was treated was terrible

Jason the gm, Ozzie the salesman
Oct 04, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Jake, I'm very sorry you were treated so poorly last year. There is no excuse for how you were treated. As the new General Manager, I can promise you that "things have changed." Since this is still bothering you some time later, I would like to find out if there is anything that I may do to help. Please call me on my cell phone (224) 306-2500 if there is anything that I may do to convince you that we are truly 100% focused on positive customer experiences. -Larry Newman, General Manager

September 29, 2018

"Passat"

- Mlewis2289

Matt was a phenomenal help in finding the right fit. I will recommend him to all friends and family looking to buy a new car.

TJ Abell
Sep 30, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Hello, Thank you for the great review, We are glad to see that your experience was such a positive one, and please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

September 24, 2018

"Friendly, excellent, no hassle"

- Kristin

Well, this has been the fastest, easiest car buying process ever. Thanks Gurnee Volkswagen! See the “Aussie” for test drive and buy your new car!

Sandi Negrau
Sep 25, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Thank you, Kristin, for the five-star review! Congratulations on your purchase! We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience with our team. If there is anything else we can do for you, we are always happy to assist with anything!

September 20, 2018

"Perfect Customer Experience "

- Aguido2402

Matt (The Aussie) Colrain went above and beyond my expectations. He was able to get me into the car I wanted at an exceptional price when no other VW dealership was able to do so. Great communication and flawless purchasing process!! Highly Recommend Sales person. A+ Transaction. TJ Abell (sales manager) was also extremely helpful in this process and couldn’t have Made this transaction possible without him. Perfect team!!!

TJ Abell
Sep 20, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

That's fantastic to hear! We also think our team is great and will be sure to thank everyone for providing you with excellent service. Thank you for your review and recommendation. We appreciate it!

September 11, 2018

"Outstanding dealership!!!"

- VW.Tiguan

I was very impressed with the awesome customer service provided by Matt and GSM (Andrew). He was exceptionally courteous, efficient, and friendly. I didn't feel rushed, and they went above and beyond locating the vehicle. It was a very smooth process to the end and found a way to make it work. I will gladly recommend this dealership to my friends and family.

Andrew Low
Other Employees : Stephen
Sep 12, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

We appreciate the five-star review! We are thankful for your time and business with us, and will make sure to thank the team for helping you find the vehicle you wanted. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

September 09, 2018

"Thank you Selena. "

- Perezn

Thank you Selena for all of your help. From the warm welcome , test drive to working out the lease it was a great experience. We provide you our must haves, our budget and our expectations, you and the VW team did a great job to gain our business.

Larry Newman
Sep 10, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Thank you for the five-star review! We're glad that Selena was a valuable asset to your experience. Our entire team was happy to help you. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

July 24, 2018

"Unreliable "

- HR123

This place is unreliable and they like to take people in error. Prices are 6-8k higher than what advertised and they only show you that on the last step right before you sign the deal so you can get stuck with their price. Don’t waste your time, there are many other good VW’s in the area.

2.0
Jul 25, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Hello, Please know that I take your feedback seriously, and I am concerned to learn about your disappointment. I would like to learn more about what happened. Will you please contact me at your convenience? I look forward to talking about your situation further. Best regards, John Kokkalis General Manager m.generalmgr@rohrman.com 855-642-7821

Sep 08, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

I am very sorry you had this negative experience! As the new General Manager, I updated all of our online pricing and we will no longer advertise our vehicles in that manner. In the future, I hope that you will give us another chance! -Larry Newman

June 04, 2018

"Completely Incompetent "

- Catherine112

This place is completely absurd. The worst part: they sold us a 2018 Tiguan while it was under recall. And then claimed they didn't know about the recall until 5 days after we drove it off the lot. They endangered me for 5 days letting me drive a car that could've killed me. They told me they don't honor TruCar pricing whatsoever, even though the Sales Manager told me they do over the phone before I bothered driving 1.5 hours to get there. We spent 2 hours negotiating with them over this. The New Car Sales Manager (Stephen) was the rudest person I've ever worked with at a dealership. He was extremely pushy and basically tricked us into buying a maintenance package we didn't want. After the recall inspection, they were supposed to drop my car at my home and they were 3 HOURS LATE. And then we discovered a lovely chip in the driver's side window post-inspection. I'm so upset that I have to keep working with this terrible dealership because of their incompetent staff.

Jun 05, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Hello, I take your feedback seriously, and I am very concerned to learn that you feel any dissatisfaction or distrust based on your experiences with us. Please reach out to me at your convenience so we can discuss your situation further. I look forward to speaking with you and rebuilding your trust with our team. Respectfully, Miguel Estrada (847) 855-1500 m.estrada@rohrman.com

Sep 08, 2018 -

Gurnee Volkswagen responded

Catherine112, I am very sorry that you had a negative experience with us. We have new management team and are all committed to ensuring that experiences like yours - never happen again. Please contact me directly if I may be of any assistance. Larry Newman General Manager (224) 306-2500