Gurnee Volkswagen

Used Car Manager

July 24, 2018

"Unreliable "

- HR123

This place is unreliable and they like to take people in error. Prices are 6-8k higher than what advertised and they only show you that on the last step right before you sign the deal so you can get stuck with their price. Don’t waste your time, there are many other good VW’s in the area.

2.0

June 04, 2018

"Completely Incompetent "

- Catherine112

This place is completely absurd. The worst part: they sold us a 2018 Tiguan while it was under recall. And then claimed they didn't know about the recall until 5 days after we drove it off the lot. They endangered me for 5 days letting me drive a car that could've killed me. They told me they don't honor TruCar pricing whatsoever, even though the Sales Manager told me they do over the phone before I bothered driving 1.5 hours to get there. We spent 2 hours negotiating with them over this. The New Car Sales Manager (Stephen) was the rudest person I've ever worked with at a dealership. He was extremely pushy and basically tricked us into buying a maintenance package we didn't want. After the recall inspection, they were supposed to drop my car at my home and they were 3 HOURS LATE. And then we discovered a lovely chip in the driver's side window post-inspection. I'm so upset that I have to keep working with this terrible dealership because of their incompetent staff.

May 24, 2018

"Very Dishonest. False online prices"

- Bob W

You may notice that Bob Rohrman VW prices are much better than other VW dealers online. That is because they are fake. If you go in they tell you the only way to get that price is if you qualify for all insensitives which is pretty much impossible. They won’t tell you this over the phone. I ended up getting sucked into a 4 hour deal with them where Sandy finally offered $1,000 over thier online price. I took it and was then sent to Stephen in finance. All of a sudden the numbers got switched back and Stephen insisted that the “sale price” was after taxes and fees. Like an idiot I signed a bunch of paperwork, trying to get out of there and didn’t realize until I got my financing paperwork that they rewrote the deal right before I signed at the sticker price. When I realized this when my loan paperwork came in the mail and stared me in the face I called Stephen, he told me I would have to talk to my salesman Sandy Negrau. I went in to talk to him and he blamed it back on Stephen, then said Stephen was busy working another deal for a long time and got manager James Ayres. James couldn’t explain the numbers either and said even though the numbers don’t make sense, the deal was signed and the month before when I signed, the place was under different management and has since cleaned house and has a whole new team now that cannot go back on deals from the previous team. It so happens that my salesman Sandy, Chris, the sales manager when I purchased, and Stephen in finance...the only 3 people I dealt with, are still there. Total sleazy car dealership experience. Beyond the worst sales experience I have ever had, part of the deal was they would powdercoat the wheels of my new atlas black. They did but they looked like someone did a decent job with a black can of rustolium spray paint. The foot opener on the back gate worked intermittently so I asked to have that looked at. Service of course said it was fine. Upon picking it up and seeing the rough wheel work I tried the foot opener...nothing, and asked Eric in service to try it. He had no luck either. Eric was curtious and took the car back to fix the wheels and hopefully the foot sensor this time.

Sandy Negrau, Chris, Stephen, James Ayres