Apple Ford Lincoln

8800 Stanford Blvd.,
Columbia, Maryland 21045
Apple Ford Lincoln Info
About Apple Ford Lincoln

Apple Ford Lincoln is your "Customer For Life" dealer where most vehicles purchased come with Lifetime Oil and Filter Changes, Tire Rotations, Multi-Point Inspections and Car Washes for as long as you own your vehicle. Call us for details.

About Apple Ford Lincoln Learn More

GGUTHRIE
8/19/2016

"THANK YOU APPLE FORD - SERVICE DEPARTMENT"

While spending the weekend in Western MD, my 8 month old Ford Edge broke down on me. I located and call the nearest Ford Dealership (Schaeffer) to tell them what had happened and what icons came on the dash when my vehicle lost power. At 4:00 p.m., no one answered the phone at that dealership. So, I called home to Apple Ford and spoke to David, explained to him what had happened and the situation I was in (Saturday evening, out of town, new vehicle broke down, nearest dealership closed already) and then asked if he thought it would be okay to drive it home (approximately 250 miles). David very sincerely told me no, that he would not be comfortable with telling me to do that and to please just wait it out until Monday to bring it to Schaeffer Ford. He said he would feel better if they looked at it first, ran diagnostics and take the appropriate action before I drove it that long of a distance. So, I took his advice and waited until Monday. THANK YOU DAVID! Monday morning, called Schaeffer Ford told them that I needed to bring my new Edge in for service and explained why. The Service Advisor that I spoke too was rude, arrogant, nasty and told me Schaeffer Ford Service Advisor: "Yeah, bring it in. I might have time to get to it in a few days" Me: " Ahhhh, a 'few'days?" Schaeffer Ford Service Advisor: "Yep, that's what I said" Me: "Ahhh, okay well I have to get home today. Do you have a loaner/rental for me?" Schaeffer Ford Service Advisor: "Ford ain't obligated to give you a loaner" Me: "Ahhh, this is a 'new' vehicle and it's still under warranty, especially since I bought the 100,000 mile/10 year extended warranty. Yes, I do believe Ford 'is' obligated to give me a loaner. Schaeffer Ford Service Advisor: "Nope, you're wrong" Me: "Okay, I think I'll check into that a little further. And in the meantime, I'll bring my vehicle down to you (reluctantly at this point)" I then called back to Apple Ford and spoke to Curtis. Explained (again) to him what had happened and how I had been treated. Curtis was disturbed and told me to take my vehicle down there, use my authoritative voice and to tell this rude dude exactly what I want him to do "Run the diagnostics, read the codes, then replace the throttle body (whatever that is - lol). And if he gets nasty with you again, call me back and I'll speak to him" THANK YOU CURTIS! Following that phone call, I called the group that handles warranties/extended warranties. They (Rudy) confirmed that I 'was' entitled to a loaner/rental and that Schaeffer Ford was absolutely wrong in telling me different. Again, Rudy told me exactly what to say and do and that if I had any further issues to please call him back and let him know. THANK YOU RUDY! Brought my vehicle to Schaeffer Ford and they did eventually fix it (had to replace the throttle body - fancy that - lol). While there, I told them that I had made a few more calls and confirmed that Ford 'will' provide me with a loaner/rental if they were going to have my vehicle for more than 1 day! THANK YOU AGAIN RUDY! The looked a bit surprised that I told them that and then responded by saying "Well, let's cross that bridge when we get to it." Nope, let's address it right now because I need to get home today ... either in 'my' vehicle or 'your' loaner. Schaeffer Ford ended up fixing 'my' vehicle that day and I made it home that night. To sum this all up, THANK YOU APPLE FORD SERVICE! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!! And Schaeffer Ford - YOUR SERVICE ADVISORS need some SERIOUS training in customer service, attitude adjustments, behaviors and manners! GOOD LUCK WITH TRYING TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN ... Other notes: They did not use paper floor mats or plastic protection on the seats. Did not bring the vehicle to me when I went to pick it up. Handed me the keys and said here ya go. Had to go out and search for it. Found it 'way' at the back of the building.

The Williams Family
8/19/2016

"Excellent Customer Service"

My family and I would like to give a special Thanks to Mr. Curtis Ford. I know he deals with hundreds of customers weekly, which makes it even more impressive that he will take the time out of his busy day to ensure that my family and I were receiving the proper care and maintenance for our vehicles. That attention to detail says a great deal about his professionalism. Apple Ford Lincoln of Columbia needs more personnel with the attitude and professionalism of Mr. Curtis Ford. Thanks again and Keep up the good work.

CathrynB
8/18/2016

"Everyone was very helpful"

I went in for an early morning appointment. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Even though I was there a lot longer then I would have preferred. The service and all the employees tried to make my time better and worked very hard to get me out of there in a timely manner.

Dwalker
7/24/2016

"Am I even here?"

To start off I visited this dealership because of a 2009 Ford Escape that I saw online. It was in my price range and everything looked good about it. I decided to come in maybe a week later, the whole time the salesman was emailing and calling me (which I did not mind). I brough time my mother with me just so we could check this out together. We had to go find Michael ( the salesman ), then he proceeded to show us the car. After a short test drive we starated the paperwork just to see what we could do. Now they asked us multiple times what my range was and I let them know. The first car didn't work out due to high mileage and my credit score, so we went to a 2012 Ford Escape. We ran the paperwork again and we were able to get it. We were not told the payments for another 45 minutes and had to wait for Edgar to meet with us. My first impression of Edgar was he looked very unprofessional. He was very quiet, did not explain much to us. He addressed my mother as "her" instead of Mrs Walker. The payments they came up with were almost double what I wanted. The only way I could have get my payment down was not to have a warranty and no gap coverage. So we decided we needed to figure out what I could afford, so we left. Upon leaving, we saw Michael he gave my keys back to my vehicle and that was it. We didn't get a goodbye, hope you decide and come back.... nothing! 5 minutes after leaving I get a phone call from the sales manager telling me to come back we will get the price down. I told him I needed a few hours because of prior engagements. In our conversation with the sales manager we find out that we did not need another warranty because of the car being a certified used car. SO WHY WERE THEY TRYING TO GET ME TO PURCHASE ANOTHER WARRANTY? Anyways, when we finally got back to the dealership we had to wait another 30-45 minutes for Edgar to finish up with another customer. We go into his office, and he just rolls through the paperwork addressing my mother still as "her" and "she". We finally sign everything and go back to Michael to get into my new Escape. The car was filthy on the inside after they told us it was being detailed. So Michael told us if we stop by he'll get it detailed in a later date. We finally drive off. I go home and pick up my kids and we take a drive. While we were driving it started to rain REALLY hard soooo I try to turn the windshield wipers on and they DON'T WORK. HOW CAN YOU SELL A CAR WITHOUT WORKING WINDSHIELD WIPERS? I almost got into an accident with my children in this car because of this! I had to pull over and tighten up the nuts for the wipers. If I did not know what to do then I would have been stuck on the side of the road until it stopped raining. To sum it up, the people are kind of cold... they seem to just go through the process, each doing their part but nothing more. Not engaging in conversation, just doing what they have to. I work in the customer service field and I know how to treat your customer and this is not it.

Edgar

Julie Yi-Shryock
7/15/2016

"DON'T BUY THEIR "CERTIFIED" CAR!!!!!"

I bought a "Certified" 2013 Ford Focus for my 16-year son. I decided to buy from Apple Ford since the car was "Certified" and should be a safe and reliable car for my son to drive. I bought it on May 31, 2016, and less than two weeks we had an issue with the Transmission. We took it in and they said all the had to do is to reprogram their system. We took it home and the next day had the same issues. When I bought the car, the sales guy told me that all the recalls were taken care of. Apparently, that was a lie, since the service guy said that the recall on the "Clutch" needed to be replaced (2nd time taking in the car). Then AC went out, so we had to take that back to Apple Ford. They said they fixed it and tried to make us pay a "Certified" fee of $100 for the AC. We did not think we should pay for this fee and wanted to speak with an Manager. The Manager did waive the fee after he rolled his eyes at my husband. We had the car for less than a month and they are asking us to pay for this certified car (UNBELIEVABLE)! The AC went out again. We dropped it off on a Saturday night July 9th (today is July 15th) and still it is not done. We have been calling since Monday to see what is happening but the service center has a hard time picking up the phone. Now we are wait for an approval by Apple Ford to fix it. Common sense would say that the service department would ask for an approval right away. Now we have to wait for another 48 hours to get an approval for them to fix it. This is getting out of control. I wonder if they will ask us to pay for this service too? ALL I WANT IS TO GET RID OF THIS NIGHTMARE "CERTIFIED" CAR!!!!!!

Manager in Service

Crystal Summers
7/08/2016

"Overwhelming lack of professional courteous for the customer"

My experience with this company has be horrible, the level of professional courteous for the customer is the worst I’ve ever experience. I brought my car in for diagnostic service on Wednesday, June 29th at 7:00am, I called the service tech Kevin Ford at 2:00pm and my car had not been touched. I inquired with Kevin why was I advised that I had and appointment at 7:00am for my car to not be even looked at by 2:00pm. Kevin stated that the tech was unable to get to it, he then stated I now have a tech available I will give you a call back. Kevin did call me back within a couple of hours to advise me that the issues my car was having stemmed from the repairs done from an accident that were not completed or completed incorrectly. Kevin advised me to take it back to the auto body that completed the repairs, I picked up my car that evening returning it to Columbia Auto Body. Columbia Auto Body worked on my car and could not find how their repair or lack thereof was causing the issues with my car, the adjustor from my accident was contacted and requested a full diagnostic be completed by Ford technician. Columbia Auto Body brought my car back to Apple Ford the morning of Friday, July 1st, I was to the understanding that because this was a holiday weekend that my car would probably not get looked at until the beginning of the following week. I went and obtained a rental car for a week in which is out of my pocket until diagnostic results determines the issues are related to the accident, my insurance company or Columbia Auto Body will not cover the cost. I got the rental foreseeing the issues to be found and my car repair would only take a week. Myself, the insurance adjustor, and the manager of Columbia Auto Body have continuously contact the service department and was told repeatedly that my car was a complicated issues and the tech was still working on my car. Wednesday, July 6th I left Kevin Ford a message to return my call with no call back, I called again Thursday, July 7th spoke with Kevin and he advised me that my car HAD NOT BEEN TOUCHED by the tech because he had been working on another car. Thursday, July 8th the insurance adjustor, and the manager of Columbia Auto Body was advised that my car would get worked on that evening or first in the morning of Friday, July 8th. It is now Friday, July 8th and my car still has not been touched by a tech, I spoke with the service manager Curtis Ford who gave me an entire different story from what we had been advised all week, he also advised me that the tech MIGHT be able to get to my car today but if not MAYBE Monday!!!!!! My issues with this entire situation is once again the overwhelming lack of professional courteous for the customer, simple honest communication could had alleviated all of this. If I had been advised accurately that my car was not being worked on I would have taken my car to another Ford Service dealership, because of the extreme dishonest communication I will now have to go into another week paying out of pocket for a rental costing me $336 plus the holding of an additional $200. I will never bring my car to Apple Ford ever again, I will be sure to utilize verbal and social media to make everyone aware of the horrible business practices.

fordreview
6/30/2016

"Great service"

I received quick and professional service from Apple Ford with the help of Curtis Ford. Thank you and keep up the good work that I have become accustomed to.

Mara
4/30/2016

"Fraud by service department"

Buyer be very aware!!! Do not use the service or quick lane service at Apple Ford. I took my 2010 Ford Escape for an apparent Power Steering flush the Quick Lane department told me the truck needed back in February 2014. I was charged $79 for the service. Today My Husband took it again for the same thing to a different shop thinking it was time for such maintenance service. He found out the truck doesn't need the steering flush because the power steering system is electronic and does not have a reservoir. What pissed me off the most is that they probably thought they could take advantage of me because as a woman I don't know much about cars. I wonder how many people they have stolen money from by charging for services the cars don't need. What they did to me is fraud and I will be contacting the BBB and FTC to report this issue

NickHedr
4/30/2016

"Purchasing a Used Car"

I inquired about a vehicle they had posted on the on the internet site for sale. I told them my best offer and was instructed to come in to the dealership as we were close and it was the end of the month. I arrive, was told to ask for the sales manager. He came by shook my hand and left. Another salesman who I had never corresponded with starts showing me the vehicle. The entire time, I am trying to figure out what's going on. I finally inquire about the situation, and the salesman informs me he will be selling the vehicle and is willing to make me an offer. He quotes me more than the asking price listed on the internet, this ticks me off. My wife drove an hour to get to the dealership so we could pay cash and they want to play games. I said no, I told you my bottom dollar, but I will come up 500 and that is it. He gets up, we wait 10 more minutes, he comes back with another piece of paper still not even close to my offer. I get up tell the salesman I am not playing games and leave. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP.

Lies123
4/23/2016

"Nothing but lies!"

I was told to come it I was sure to get a deal! Well not true! Called for another Suv that the deal was done more lies,I fell for it again and the Suv.Sat there for several hours no answer.When I left I was told the next call I would get would be the deal!Never received any call!The only person that was friendly was the salesmen!Everyone else there just overlooked me as if I wasn't there!Would not tell anyone to go to Apple Ford!!

Reviews of Curtis Ford