A-1 Toyota

50 Amity Road, New Haven, Connecticut 06515

532 Reviews of A-1 Toyota

December 06, 2017

"Fantastic, especially for my first car"

- Jbaah23

Quincy is a great associate and helped us through the entire process. He thoroughly explained everything and I gained a better understanding of the process and term. Overall a great experience.

Quincy Smith
Carlos Orozco
December 06, 2017

"Great expertise going above and beyond"

- R. Murillo

Carlos is very knowledgable and answers every question precisely. It was a comfortable experience. Other places make you feel the pressure. Pleasant experience. Highly reccomended..

Carlos Rodriguez
December 01, 2017

"A no pressure buying experience, FINALLY!!"

- HFDBATTCHIEFRETIRED

I have given this 5 star review (which I do not give lightly) because it truly was a first class buying experience. I've purchased a LOT of trucks over the years and I've had to deal with some real nitwits but not this time. I checked how A1 panned out, on yelp and google ratings and I liked what I saw. Sure there were a few DONT GO and a few that it sounds like the owner wrote, but I throw those out and look at the middle. They were great! So i went in to test drive never having SAT in a Tacoma before never mind driven one. Carlos was my UP and he treated me with respect and patience, as well as being a genuinely nice person. Did a couple of test drives, gave me his card and said come back anytime. I checked out a few other makes but kept being drawn back to the Tacoma. A good friend of mine sealed the deal when she said they always treated them well. So I pulled the trigger, worked with Carlos on the sale, where the numbers came up very good for the Tacoma and my trade. Agreed on the price, went back next day to get the truck, went through finance with Frank (and yes guys they are going to try and sell you stuff, it's a fact of life in the car business, just say no nicely and be done with it, as i did and it was fine) deal wrapped up, given a good truck and dealership tour by Carlos and off I went in my Magnetic grey metallic Tacoma. I told Frank, Armando and Carlos that this truly was a GREAT experience. I appreciate being treated like a human being instead of a mark, like a few dealerships still do. Great job A-1 it truly was "the right thing to do"

Armando Muniz
Carlos Rodriguez
November 30, 2017

"Comfortable"

- Jim

Friendly people. Easy to talk to. Overall great experience. They were very detailed in their approach, explaining everything, and helping through the process. Even helped hook up my phone to the car.

Eddie Oliveras
November 30, 2017

"EXCELLENT"

- LysetteRN

I have no complaints of the service I received yesterday. Quincy is just the best!! Very thorough, kind and answered every question and assured that my request and needs of a car were met. I would definitely go back and see him again for another purchase and will definitely recommend him to friends/family. Excellent service

Quincy Smith
November 29, 2017

"Unsatisfied Customer"

- Cvg107

Inept sales person and manager. Quoted on wrong car and ended up paying more upon purchase/pickup for different vehicle to my surprise. Very unsatisfied

Hatim Yousef
Other Employees : Manuel Blijden
Nov 29, 2017 -

A-1 Toyota responded

Our sincerest apologies. It was never our intention for this to happen. We are truly sorry that the vehicle you were shown and purchased had more equipment than the original vehicle. We always try our best to accommodate the needs of our customers and would never allow this to happen on purpose. Armando

November 26, 2017

"We had an amazing experiece at A1 Toyota in new haven! "

- ashley

We had such a great experience at A1 Toyota! The whole team was amazing, especially Sunny and Frank. Gary was such a huge help to us as well. I never realized buying a new car could be so stress free. Would recommend this dealership to anyone and will definitely be returning!

Satinder (Sunny) Dhawan
Gary Dos Reis
November 26, 2017

"Great experience"

- Doreen D

With the no haggle sales approach and sales reps not working on commission, you don't feel pressured to buy. We went to the dealership to get an oil change for our old car and ended up coming home with a brand new one the very same day!

Satinder (Sunny) Dhawan
Stanley Wheeler
Carlos Orozco
AnnaLynn Wheeler
November 25, 2017

"Sales rep"

- Snookie

Amanda botto was amazing and so helpful in the trade and purchase of our new car. She was friendly knowledgeable and quick getting us in and out

November 24, 2017

"Poor experience"

- carbuyer123

Came here interested in test driving a car before deciding if I wanted to purchase. The salesman came across as very pushy. When I explained that I wanted to test drive the car first before going through the financial details, he said, quite forcefully and rudely, that he was only here to sell cars. I don't understand why he gave us such a hard time right off the bat. I ended up taking my business to another Toyota dealer (even though it's farther away from where I live) where I was treated politely and fairly. I had no problem test driving the car I was interested in at the other dealer. Will never come back here.

Brenton Fisher
Nov 27, 2017 -

A-1 Toyota responded

We're very sorry to hear your experience at A-1 Toyota was anything less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your information in our customer database. Please contact the dealership at your earliest convenience so that we might resolve this issue, thank you: 877-726-3629.